Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 20th 2015, 1:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Gman5
... have been recommended a waiver ineligibility.
Good.

... do I get an email within 5 days?
You may or may not get an email. There's no rhyme or reason to the process.

And what do I do now?
Nothing. You wait until such time as the waiver is granted. Once that happens, you'll receive instructions to submit your passport for visa issuance.

I've checked online and it just says refused.
It will say "refused" until such time as it doesn't.

One thing you may or may not understand, is that it'll take about 6 months before you find out whether or not the waiver has been granted - so don't expect anything to happen sooner than that.

Ian
Old May 20th 2015, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

theJBs is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr. has just received the email requesting his passport!!!! He has been granted the visa 1 day shy of 6 months exactly from his interview appointment in November. The email, however, does not state the length of time or how many entries he has been approved...it simply states Visa ClassB2 Tourism/Medical Treatment. The interviewer at the embassy said she was going to recommend him for 12 month multiple entry.

How does one find out the length of time in which the visa has been approved?

What is the turn around time for when he submits his passport to the consular and when they return it to him? He did pay for the expedited courier service all those months ago.

Many thanks and best of luck to the rest of you!!!

***EDITED*** all apologies, after a bit of lurking around and reading in this very forum (head hanging in shame), I have foudn the answers to my questions! Again, good luck to everyone and thank you all for your help and support.

Last edited by theJBs; May 20th 2015 at 4:19 am. Reason: Information update
Old May 20th 2015, 4:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theJBs
How does one find out the length of time in which the visa has been approved?
That info will be printed on the visa.

What is the turn around time for when he submits his passport to the consular and when they return it to him?
Generally, about 7-10 days end to end.

Ian
Old May 20th 2015, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

theJBs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
That info will be printed on the visa.

Generally, about 7-10 days end to end.

Ian
Thank you as always Ian. We begin our CR-1 visa process in July
Old May 20th 2015, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application,

Well went for my interview yesterday, all went smoothly, got to the embassy at 7:20am, my appointment was for 9am, so outside they were putting us in queues of appointment times 8am, 8:30, 9am, all went really fast, was through the queue and through security and sitting down in the embassy by 7:55am.

Went through handing papers in and interview, (which the interviewer said the same process applies she said she'd recommend a waiver but waiting 5-6 months) for it to come back I explained that's why I've come so early.

I was out of there by 9:25am. Really fast process this time. Maybe it seemed faster because I knew what to expect?
The only thing I did notice this time was, they seemed very relaxed outside regarding security, and letting big rucksacks in, the woman who went in front of me and put her stuff through the scanner, she had a rucksack massive handbag, 2 mobiles, and god knows what else in there. They were just saying to everyone with bags, you don't have a laptop in there do you?
Old May 21st 2015, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

beibhinn16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got email to send passport it said I had been granted a single entry valid for 3 months. I am over the moon. Thank you to everyone for their advice and good luck to everyone still waiting. It has been 32 weeks to the day since my interview.
Old May 21st 2015, 12:25 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beibhinn16
Just got email to send passport it said I had been granted a single entry valid for 3 months. I am over the moon. Thank you to everyone for their advice and good luck to everyone still waiting. It has been 32 weeks to the day since my interview.
Pleased to hear it all worked out in the end for you. I hope you will update us on the next step too ie. turnround time for passport and visa.
Old May 29th 2015, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Pleased to hear it all worked out in the end for you. I hope you will update us on the next step too ie. turnround time for passport and visa.
Sent passport off by recorded delivery on Tuesday got it back today
Old May 29th 2015, 9:56 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

And is the visa single entry valid for three months as you were told it would be? Also does it have anything recorded under the heading "annotation"?
Old May 29th 2015, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you got it back, Hope you have a lovely holiday.
Old May 30th 2015, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
And is the visa single entry valid for three months as you were told it would be? Also does it have anything recorded under the heading "annotation"?
Single entry valid for 90 days
Annotation is 212 (D)(3)(A)waiver of 2A1,2B & 3B
Old May 30th 2015, 9:28 am
Account Closed

Thanks for the information. It's helpful for other people that are in a similar position in future.

I hope you enjoy your trip to the USA. Just be aware that if you apply for another visa in future, you will need to go through the exact same process again and allow plenty of time for that.
Old May 30th 2015, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

I always thought the lowest time they gave was 1 year with multiple entries, doesn't really give you much time to get a holiday sorted, or plan your holidays in work? 90 to plan a holiday, make sure you get the time off in work,
I know they can give whatever they please, but at least give 1 year, give more time to your holiday. Never mind, most important thing is that you have one.
Old May 30th 2015, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
I always thought the lowest time they gave was 1 year with multiple entries, doesn't really give you much time to get a holiday sorted, or plan your holidays in work? 90 to plan a holiday, make sure you get the time off in work,
I know they can give whatever they please, but at least give 1 year, give more time to your holiday. Never mind, most important thing is that you have one.
You are incorrect. For example, my first visa was 12 months but only single entry.

As far as having more time for the holiday is concerned, most visa holders will be admitted for six months. This is longer than the 90 days allowed on the VWP.
Old May 30th 2015, 11:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
I know they can give whatever they please...
Well then, end of story. I don't understand why you think people should be entitled to more - especially when they were stupid enough to need a waiver in the first place! Sorry, but yours is a parochial POV.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.