Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jun 8th 2015, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Good luck. I got my ten year US Visa re-issued last year as my ten years was up. I got another ten year visa in a reasonable time frame. That is, after I had applied for my criminal record from the British Police. That in itself took time. However, it was all that was needed to get my US Visa. I just sent it to the American Embassy local to where I'm living after appearing there in person, and I got my ten year B1/B2 visa re-issued. Sorry you are having to wait so long and not get your ten year visa renewed.

I thought the re-issue of the ten year visa was automatic as this is what happened to me. If not, I guess I'll find out in 2025 !
I wish you wouldn't keep polluting this thread with confusing nonsense about "ten year visas". Your experience isn't relevant or particularly helpful here and you clearly know nothing about the subject being discussed.

This thread is about people who need waivers of ineligibility. None of them will ever receive a "ten year visa" as the maximum waiver validity allowed by law is just 60 months. Plus there is nothing "automatic" about renewing a visa with waiver either.

This is why Newyork has mentioned being recommended for a two year visa.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 12:02 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You don't get to make that decision - it's up to the discretion of the interviewing officer. If he recommends the waiver, great... if he doesn't, then it's the end of your journey.

It entails a lot of waiting... up to 6 months, but there is no extra charge for the waiver if recommended. You don't have to do anything... but wait.

Ian
Hi Ian

Sorry - I did not explain myself in enough detail I needed to get the correct info.

I understand that the referral of a waiver is up to the officer and even then, I know it is not a guarantee, however looking at previous posts I have not seen anyone mention going for a medical as part of the non immigrant process.

Do you or anyone know if this is a common thing to go for? If so, do you pay an additional fee (on top of usual processing) and how is it arranged?

Thanks
Old Jun 9th 2015, 12:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - that's very interesting! Thanks!

Ian
Old Jun 9th 2015, 12:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
I got my ten year US Visa re-issued last year as my ten years was up.
Please stop posting irrelevant shit.

Ian
Old Jun 9th 2015, 12:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by KTG
I have not seen anyone mention going for a medical as part of the non immigrant process.
There usually isn't a medical associated with the non-immigrant process, unless the issue that prompted a waiver is based on a drug offense of some sort. In reviewing your earlier posts, I see it was.

If so, do you pay an additional fee (on top of usual processing) and how is it arranged?
If you require a medical, that comes out of your own pocket. If you need a medical, you will be instructed to get one. If you don't receive that instruction, you don't need to have one.

Ian
Old Jun 9th 2015, 12:54 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There usually isn't a medical associated with the non-immigrant process, unless the issue that prompted a waiver is based on a drug offense of some sort. In reviewing your earlier posts, I see it was.

If you require a medical, that comes out of your own pocket. If you need a medical, you will be instructed to get one. If you don't receive that instruction, you don't need to have one.

Ian
Thanks Ian
Old Jun 10th 2015, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

hello every one

i know my question is not related to this tread.but i have a question i m in process of e2 visa i already sent my file to visa unit in london.is any one know how long will it take them to review and call me for interview wat is the time frame at this moment because some of the site say 18 days to reveiw the file some say 90 days i m confused.HELP PLEASE
Old Jun 11th 2015, 12:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by just rite
... is any one know how long will it take them to review and call me for interview wat is the time frame at this moment because some of the site say 18 days to reveiw the file some say 90 days...
It takes them about 15 minutes to review your file. The rest of the time is spent waiting for your file to come to the top of the pile... and you have no way of knowing how many files are ahead of yours - which is why people say18 days or 90 days. There is absolutely no way to know for sure.

Once your file is reviewed and a decision made, you'll know within a few days.

Ian
Old Jun 11th 2015, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks ian
Old Jun 12th 2015, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Interview went very well yesterday. I got recommended for a 2 year visa this time. As I have only had 1 before I was well chuffed with that. Saying that whoever makes the decision may not agree, so let's forget about it for 26 + weeks and see then.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Hart1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent my passport to London embassy on Monday by special delivery for the visa to be issued. Will I get a notification when passport has been passed to do courier ? To use the DX courier tracker what is the track no ?
Won't be able to relax until passport is finally back in hand it's been a long wait � ����
Old Jun 12th 2015, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hart1
Will I get a notification when passport has been passed to do courier ?
No, but you'll get notice from the courier that's delivery is imminent.

To use the DX courier tracker what is the track no ?
Why not call them and find out?

Ian
Old Jun 13th 2015, 5:06 am
Just Joined

Hart1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Calling the embassy is easier said than done but will try courier company early next week how long is usual process time ? They received it Tuesday morning last week .
Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2015, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think my Husbands is normally between one and two weeks, from collection to delivery.
Old Jun 13th 2015, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hart1
Calling the embassy is easier said than done but will try courier company early next week how long is usual process time ?
I didn't suggest you call the Embassy - they're not going to tell you anything useful. I suggested you call the courier... which is why that's the bit that I quoted!

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.