Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by muppet07
really hoped someone wouldnt say that , why does it take so long ?? why isnt there a premium service you could use for quick approval ???? i would pay whatever it took for peace of mind !!! im so ashamed of my past ! but all this has brought all of it into my present with a bang !!!!!!!!!!!!
I really do sympathise, especially as you are planning a family holiday so this affects your wife and kids too. And I know how it feels to have your past brought back into the present. I've had to apply for two visa waivers in the last couple of years due to a lot of silly and immature thieving and stupidity over 20 years ago. I wish I could be more positive about your predicament but, unfortunately, I just can't see a way around the lengthy 20ish week wait for a waiver of ineligibility for you. Really sorry
Old Aug 17th 2012, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

dmarsh1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by muppet07
Hi How long ago was your interview ? i am supposed to fly on the 1st Nov im going to book the interview tomorrow , do u think i have any chance??? do you think the waiver process will speed up now that the main Olympics has finished , or will they still have a backlog ? I cant believe i didn't investigate all this sooner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
Hello, you probably don't want to hear this but the waiver process seems to be getting longer year on year. I had my interview on 2/3/12 and received my email asking me to submit my passport this Monday. You're then looking at another 8 days minimum to get your passport back in your hand. I know how you feel, for my first visa back in 2007 I only found out by chance that I wasn't able to travel on the VWP, luckily the wait time back then was about 8 weeks and I got my visa the day before I travelled. In my opinion the whole waiver process needs looking at as it's a farce, you appear to get punished for being honest while the chancers just answer no and waltz through immigration.
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

molly666 will become famous soon enoughmolly666 will become famous soon enough

Still nothing. Going to email AND phone tomorrow. Anyone have a non-premium number I can try?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Contacted the Embassy and recieved and Email saying this:

Your passport was requested on the 9th July 2012 for visa issuance. You were advised that you had 30 days to submit your passport. As the waiver is only valid for 45 days, if the visa is not issued within this time your waiver becomes invalid and a new waiver request is required.

As 45 days have now passed, we are required to submit a new waiver request to the Department of Homeland Security in order to continue processing your application. If you still wish to proceed with your application please submit a new travel itinerary. This must include the purpose of your trip, a proposed travel date, who you will be travelling with and a full U.S address. If you are unable to provide a full address at this time, please state where you will be traveling to in the U.S.

Once your new travel itinerary has been received, we will submit a new waiver request to The Department of Homeland Security. Please be advised that the whole process could take a further 18-22 weeks to process.

If your passport is not submitted following the approval of your second waiver and subsequent passport request, we will close your application and you will be required to start your application process again.
Obviously I did not get the first email asking for my passport otherwise I would have sent it. I have tried to contact the Embassy to ask what form I need to fill in but the lines have been busy and I'm getting a message asking me to phone back. Does anyone know which form they are on about that I need to re-submit?

thanks.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by molly666
Obviously I did not get the first email asking for my passport otherwise I would have sent it.
As incredible as it may sound, if any notice they send requires a response, you must respond... whether or not you actually receive the notice!

Does anyone know which form they are on about that I need to re-submit?
Since the original waiver is now invalid, they probably want you to submit a new waiver... oh, and a new itinterary.

Ian
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

I'll take your reply as helpful rather than my first impression which was of you being a cock.

Which I'm sure you weren't.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Which I'm sure you weren't.
With respect to responding to something you don't receive... that is a well-documented fact - and 100% true.

Ian
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Contacted the Embassy and recieved and Email saying this:

Your passport was requested on the 9th July 2012 for visa issuance. You were advised that you had 30 days to submit your passport. As the waiver is only valid for 45 days, if the visa is not issued within this time your waiver becomes invalid and a new waiver request is required.

As 45 days have now passed, we are required to submit a new waiver request to the Department of Homeland Security in order to continue processing your application. If you still wish to proceed with your application please submit a new travel itinerary. This must include the purpose of your trip, a proposed travel date, who you will be travelling with and a full U.S address. If you are unable to provide a full address at this time, please state where you will be traveling to in the U.S.

Once your new travel itinerary has been received, we will submit a new waiver request to The Department of Homeland Security. Please be advised that the whole process could take a further 18-22 weeks to process.

If your passport is not submitted following the approval of your second waiver and subsequent passport request, we will close your application and you will be required to start your application process again.
Obviously I did not get the first email asking for my passport otherwise I would have sent it. I have tried to contact the Embassy to ask what form I need to fill in but the lines have been busy and I'm getting a message asking me to phone back. Does anyone know which form they are on about that I need to re-submit?

thanks.
Sorry you're in this position. What's happened is pretty harsh, but at least they are prepared to submit a new waiver request to DHS so you won't have to pay for a new application to start over.

As far as forwarding the updated travel information to the embassy, going by the wording you've provided they make no mention of you completing any "form" again. They've asked you to submit an updated itinerary and accomodation details. You could do that just by sending an email to the same email address you sent your original documents (Police Cert. etc). Why are you asking about "which form they are on about that I need to re-submit"?

I would also check that you gave them your correct email address and that there weren't any sloppy spelling mistakes or letters missing. Also check your email spam filters to make sure they haven't rejected any important mails. You need to ensure you receive the embassy passport request when it happens.

Good luck.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Cosmogal32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

It's so refreshing to see other people going through this, you feel very alone in the whole process and they really don't give much info.

I was referred for a waiver due to criminal record from 10 years ago for something stupid when young!

My appointment was at the beginning of April and they advised 20 - 22 weeks, yesterday was 22weeks and still nothing, thankfully I've not booked yet but it's still stress as my parents and daughter want to know if we will ever get to Disney!

I emailed the consular yesterday only to be told it can actually take upto 25 weeks or longer

We were looking at going in October so am keeping fingers crossed I hear soon and can get booked.

Good luck all who are waiting
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ive emailed them back on the email address which the new notification came on, giving new travel plans etc. I was advised to do this when I phoned the Consular 'help-line', a somewhat specious description if I ever heard one.

The form(s) I was refering to was the DS-160 which I originally filled in when initially submitting my application. Whether I get a reply before Xmas is open to conjecture at this stage, however, the previous delay does not auger well. What is annoying is that they had my correct email and mobile and I had been religiously checking my spam to make sure nothing slipped through; in my opinion I did not get the email but that's by the by now.

I'll keep you update so nobody else suffers the same issues.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

sue329 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,
I had my interview on 25th April for B2 visitor and was recommended for waiver of ineligibility, the letter has no reference number and says I will hear by post? So it was 22 weeks yesterday.....should I phone their ridiculously expensive phone number or sit tight and wait....I'm now worried in case the email never arrived....planning to travel in 6 weeks so very keen to get it booked as I have had to book the leave from work and am watching the prices increase as time goes on.
Any advice please?
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sue329
Hiya,
I had my interview on 25th April for B2 visitor and was recommended for waiver of ineligibility, the letter has no reference number and says I will hear by post? So it was 22 weeks yesterday.....should I phone their ridiculously expensive phone number or sit tight and wait....I'm now worried in case the email never arrived....planning to travel in 6 weeks so very keen to get it booked as I have had to book the leave from work and am watching the prices increase as time goes on.
Any advice please?
It might be worth calling the helpline, if only to check that they have your correct email address.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

sue329 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, just called and have been advised that the current wait is 24 weeks :/
Old Sep 27th 2012, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sue329
Thanks for that, just called and have been advised that the current wait is 24 weeks :/
Don't forget, if your application is successful, to allow another two weeks on top of that for your passport to be collected, processed and returned by the embassy's courier service.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I emailed the embassy the other week, We have only been waiting 16 weeks this monday so i know its far to early, its just we had an email undelivered according to a letter so just wanted to make sure.. They advused us 24 - 26 weeks which is up from 20 -22 weeks.. we were meant to travel 8 weeks today.. I`ll leave it closer & then change the flights if need be.. still one can hope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.