Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 7th 2016, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I got my email today (Jan 7th). Interview 26th May, first waiver. So about 32 weeks from interview to email.

Very happy!

The language around what beyond the passport I have to submit isn't too clear. The instructions says "please submit documents listed below", and then there are no documents listed. But next there are two barcodes, one for my passport number and one for my DS-160.

Does that mean I have to find a copy of my DS-160 to send with my passport?

Im guessing not, but appreciate a sanity check from the crowd.

Thanks to everyone for their help! See you again in 4 months or so when we do it all again....
Old Jan 7th 2016, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Sorrryyyyyyy. I just saw this in the email I received (its not in the actual instructions you print out)

"Please submit passport for visa issuance Please note that you have 30 days from today in which to resubmit your passport. If your passport is not received within this time your application will experience even further delays You are NOT required to submit any other additional supporting documents"
Old Jan 7th 2016, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Sorrryyyyyyy. I just saw this in the email I received (its not in the actual instructions you print out)

"Please submit passport for visa issuance Please note that you have 30 days from today in which to resubmit your passport. If your passport is not received within this time your application will experience even further delays You are NOT required to submit any other additional supporting documents"
Old Jan 7th 2016, 6:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yum2yum
The instructions says "please submit documents listed below", and then there are no documents listed.
Exactly! You should submit the documents that are listed. If no documents are listed, then don't submit anything. It makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Ian
Old Jan 7th 2016, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Exactly! You should submit the documents that are listed. If no documents are listed, then don't submit anything. It makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Ian
It makes sense if you understand badly written software.... :-)
Old Jan 7th 2016, 6:23 am
Just Joined

TheBsKnees is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my email today (Jan 7th). Interview 26th May, first waiver. So about 32 weeks from interview to email.

Very happy!

Thanks to everyone for their help! See you again in 4 months or so when we do it all again....
Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully ours is soon! (You're not the first person to get confused on that email, that's why they ask us to read through the threads first☺)
Old Jan 8th 2016, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy New Year folks,
When you do get to visit the USA and you decide to cross the border into Canada for day or longer visit you will have needed to have gone through the same procedure to get a visa to enter Canada but they quote a time frame of a year or more, so let's not be to harsh with the U.S. authorities.

Can you imagine the complications of a possible itinerary which includes visiting both countries on one vacation when planning to get both visas and even repeat visas.
Best of luck with that lol.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 5:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newyork
Happy New Year folks,
When you do get to visit the USA and you decide to cross the border into Canada for day or longer visit you will have needed to have gone through the same procedure to get a visa to enter Canada but they quote a time frame of a year or more, so let's not be to harsh with the U.S. authorities.

Can you imagine the complications of a possible itinerary which includes visiting both countries on one vacation when planning to get both visas and even repeat visas.
Who needs to get a visa to visit Canada? Most Brits or Americans don't.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year folks,

Huh?

My wife the Yank, and me the Brit have never got Visa's, did I miss something??
Old Jan 8th 2016, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

I got my email today (Jan 7th). Interview 26th May, first waiver. So about 32 weeks from interview to email. Very happy! The language around what beyond the passport I have to submit isn't too clear. The instructions says "please submit documents listed below", and then there are no documents listed. But next there are two barcodes, one for my passport number and one for my DS-160. Does that mean I have to find a copy of my DS-160 to send with my passport? Im guessing not, but appreciate a sanity check from the crowd. Thanks to everyone for their help! See you again in 4 months or so when we do it all again....
Thank you for sharing yum2yum. I'm on week 30 today.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Who needs to get a visa to visit Canada? Most Brits or Americans don't.
The original post was made in the forum concerning persons requiring a visa waiver of inelegibility due to mainly a criminal past history. You need a visa to visit the USA if you have a criminal past and Canada is the same according to their website.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

The original post was made in the forum concerning persons requiring a visa waiver of inelegibility due to mainly a criminal past history. You need a visa to visit the USA if you have a criminal past and Canada is the same according to their website.
Ah apologies
Old Jan 8th 2016, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=dj6372;11831885]Huh?

My wife the Yank, and me the Brit have never got Visa's,

No problem ,I get confused sometimes. lol

Last edited by Newyork; Jan 8th 2016 at 6:19 am.
Old Jan 10th 2016, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

kellyusa123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very happy!

The language around what beyond the passport I have to submit isn't too clear. The instructions says "please submit documents listed below", and then there are no documents listed. But next there are two barcodes, one for my passport number and one for my DS-160.

Congrats yay ...now approaching wk 33 for me
Old Jan 10th 2016, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

kellyusa123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very happy!

Can I ask what time did your email arrive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.