Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jun 4th 2015, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

cazz0069 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't think the false name thing will ultimately be an issue... and it was 11 years ago. If there is an issue, it'll likely be related to the drug offense. The US is pretty draconian about such things. Still, that was 20 years ago and that may be the deciding factor in your case.

Very often, armed robbery is not considered as egregious as drug trafficking. That said, my original comment still holds - if you're recommended, you'll likely get the waiver and visa. Time will tell... and you'll know soon enough!

Ian
Thanks Ian. I appreciate you getting back to me. I'm aware as soon as people here a lot don't tend to come back to the forum so as soon as I have word I'll everyone know.
I think we are actually going to do Canada this year now as my original plan was to wait and hear about the U.S. And then book everything frantically but I think that's silly.
Canada's stance appears to be fairly similar but unlike the U.S. They process all apps here in Australia and the wait time for me was 3 weeks. They just want a copy of my driving history to ensure i'm not a DUI'er.
That's actually one area where I'm a good boy.
Ironically they seem to quite tough on that.
Stay tuned. Thanks again.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, just a post about my situation ...... Interview at US Embassy London on December 9th 2014 for 2nd visa ( 1st one was in 1994 ) .. Received e-mail today ( 25 weeks 3 days ) to send passport to embassy for visa issuance so perhaps another 7/10 days before visa in my hand. Planning to go in August , so just in time to book flights now. Consular official recommended 2 year visa so will see what turns up. Keep the faith and hope this helps others who are on a similar timeline. Remember DO NOT book any flights etc until visa is in your hand.

Thanks to Ian , materialcontroller and others for their useful input.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Newyork
Hi everyone, just a post about my situation ...... Interview at US Embassy London on December 9th 2014 for 2nd visa ( 1st one was in 1994 ) .. Received e-mail today ( 25 weeks 3 days ) to send passport to embassy for visa issuance so perhaps another 7/10 days before visa in my hand. Planning to go in August , so just in time to book flights now. Consular official recommended 2 year visa so will see what turns up. Keep the faith and hope this helps others who are on a similar timeline. Remember DO NOT book any flights etc until visa is in your hand.

Thanks to Ian , materialcontroller and others for their useful input.
We're at week 11 now, well just over. Hope you have a lovely holiday.
Old Jun 5th 2015, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Hart1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, finally got request to send my passport - would be 27 weeks on monday. I would like to amend the document return address but cannot find a way to do this, although it says I have until 19:00 tonight to do it. Does anyone know how to do this?
Old Jun 8th 2015, 1:59 am
Just Joined

dgisi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I just got recommended for waiver of ineligibility does any body know that can you check your status of your waiver application thanks
Old Jun 8th 2015, 2:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgisi
Hi I just got recommended for waiver of ineligibility does any body know that can you check your status of your waiver application
Yes, you can check (someone will be along shortly with the web address) but all it will ever say is "Administrative Processing" or some such thing. You've got about a 6 month wait now until you hear anything else. You won't know whether or not the waiver has been granted until such time as you get a message from US immigration asking for your passport.

Ian
Old Jun 8th 2015, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dgisi
Hi I just got recommended for waiver of ineligibility does any body know that can you check your status of your waiver application thanks
The web address for the CEAC site is https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

But my status showed " REFUSED" from day 1 right up until I received the email asking for my passport ,so not much help really. As Ian has previously said any request for status from the embassy is met with a standard reply effectively stating " Wait (about 6 months) and keep an eye out for the email requesting your passport........that's it

Oh and remember .......do not book anything until that passport with visa inside is in your hands........Good luck and have patience.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 3:55 am
Just Joined

dgisi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Gman5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question if I was told at the embassy that I would be recommended for a waiver and I don't do anything do I? Also how is the case sent, like does it all go on a computer and sent over or do they put it all together print it off and post it to Washington?
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gman5
I don't do anything do I?
Correct, there's nothing for you to do... except wait.

Also how is the case sent, like does it all go on a computer and sent over or do they put it all together print it off and post it to Washington?
I've no idea. Does it matter?

Ian
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Correct, there's nothing for you to do... except wait.

I've no idea. Does it matter?

Ian
No not really just was wondering if you knew how it was sent, apologies
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

Immigration Mystery Revealed: The Occult Process behind Nonimmigrant Visa Waivers | Nation Of Immigrators
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

for gman5
Old Jun 8th 2015, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by just rite
for gman5
That's great thank you matey
Old Jun 8th 2015, 8:02 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newyork
Good luck. I got my ten year US Visa re-issued last year as my ten years was up. I got another ten year visa in a reasonable time frame. That is, after I had applied for my criminal record from the British Police. That in itself took time. However, it was all that was needed to get my US Visa. I just sent it to the American Embassy local to where I'm living after appearing there in person, and I got my ten year B1/B2 visa re-issued. Sorry you are having to wait so long and not get your ten year visa renewed.

I thought the re-issue of the ten year visa was automatic as this is what happened to me. If not, I guess I'll find out in 2025 !

Last edited by Snap Shot; Jun 8th 2015 at 8:17 pm. Reason: better wording

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.