Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 21st 2015, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

cazz0069 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by downundergirl
Looks like many of us are in same situation learning the process the hard way, on the Aust website it states current wait is 27 weeks but some could take longer but by posts on this site seems to be pretty much all are taking more than 27 weeks it feels like the whole system has come to a sudden stop I hope this is not due to the technical issues with printing visas last month just our luck it happens now! Just trying to do the right & honest way.
Hey downundergirl. I checked the Aussie website and its still at 22 weeks.
Don't stress me out like that. Hehe.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

downundergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tweety23
Still waiting here, 37 weeks tomorrow.
wow 37 weeks that's such a long time, was this your first visa waiver and which embassy did you apply at? I am starting to stress now like everyone else, just hope all our information was not lost when the biometric checking system went down last month as there is absolutely no way to even check if we are still in DHS system will never get to the top of the list if it not there
Old Jul 21st 2015, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cazz0069
Hey downundergirl. I checked the Aussie website and its still at 22 weeks.
Don't stress me out like that. Hehe.
The website is actually very misleading one part says 22 weeks then another part it states 5 months but if u click on the arrests and conviction section( only on a computer not phone ) a red "important notice comes up on the side of page advising 27 weeks or longer this caught me out 2, but must b true as I am up to week 25 tmrw 😢 are you in Sydney Australia?
Old Jul 21st 2015, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by downundergirl
The website is actually very misleading one part says 22 weeks then another part it states 5 months but if u click on the arrests and conviction section( only on a computer not phone ) a red "important notice comes up on the side of page advising 27 weeks or longer this caught me out 2, but must b true as I am up to week 25 tmrw 😢 are you in Sydney Australia?
Ahh ok. Didn't realize there were other conflicting parts of the site. Thanks for the heads up. I'll just sit tight. I was hoping to travel in October as that's when I have leave booked but I'm flexible thank god. I have applied for Canada but unlike the U.S. they gave you no time frame and just say 'up to a year'.
I'm in Melbourne.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=cazz0069;11705227]Ahh ok. Didn't realize there were other conflicting parts of the site. Thanks for the heads up. I'll just sit tight. I was hoping to travel in October as that's when I have leave booked but I'm flexible thank god. I have applied for Canada but unlike the U.S. they gave you no time frame and just say 'up to a year'.
I'm in Melbourne.[/QUOTE
Oh wow that's even worse, will let you know when and if I get mine hopefully soon as have a wedding next month but looks like I wont make it and the airfares are becoming more expensive everyday, just can't believe in the last 4 years or so the wait has gone from 1 week to well who knows lol Good luck
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

I'll keep everything crossed for you. Don't forget those waiting once yours is approved (see what I did there?) positive thinking ;-)
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Gman5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I check the status of the application? I've just checked the ceac website and it just says refused but I've been put forward for a waiver
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gman5
Can I check the status of the application? I've just checked the ceac website and it just says refused but I've been put forward for a waiver
My Husbands says refused too, he's also been recommended for a waiver. I thought it would stay at this until we hear further?
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bubble123
My Husbands says refused too, he's also been recommended for a waiver. I thought it would stay at this until we hear further?
True, I just thought it might say something like "waiting for approval for waiver" or something along those lines. The way I've read it suggests the whole application has been refused
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

True, I just thought it might say something like "waiting for approval for waiver" or something along those lines. The way I've read it suggests the whole application has been refused
You're not alone in that!

How long have you been waiting?
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

[email protected].

Do you think this could be another way for us to contact them if we're not getting a response from the embassy?
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 1:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The way I've read it suggests the whole application has been refused
The whole application has been refused. Why? Because there are only two possible outcomes from a visa application: approval or denial. Anything that isn't an approval, is classified as a denial. Indeed, you can't be recommended for a waiver until the visa is first denied. That you have been subsequently recommended for a waiver doesn't change that initial outcome.

Ian
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:00 am
Just Joined

You're not alone in that!

How long have you been waiting?
I had my interview 20th may so currently at 9 weeks stage! How about you?
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

I had my interview 20th may so currently at 9 weeks stage! How about you?
My Husband had his interview March 18th, we're meant to be going to NYC 2nd December & with the 6 months that takes us too September 18th. I'm hoping it will be done in time. 18 weeks today.. Hope it's not too much longer!
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:04 am
Just Joined

My Husband had his interview March 18th, we're meant to be going to NYC 2nd December & with the 6 months that takes us too September 18th. I'm hoping it will be done in time. 18 weeks today.. Hope it's not too much longer!
I'm in the same sort of boat going to NYC end of November and the 6 months takes it to October 20th but daren't book a hotel yet! Hope you manage to get yours in time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.