Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 1st 2015, 12:39 am
Just Joined

HenryBD2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case status for waiver of ineligibility

thank you for the advice, Ian - happy to be merged!
Old Apr 1st 2015, 5:18 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HenryBD2
Hello,

I was recently (start of February) recommended for a waiver of visa ineligibility following a change to US law (?) that makes people with a UK police caution permanently ineligible for entry to the US.

I've seen on this forum that people seem able to check the status of the case, but I can't see a facility for doing this through the London embassy and I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I realise that the status is likely to remain on "pending" for some time, but currently have no way of knowing if my recommendation has even been received by the DHS.

Many thanks
Unless the process has fundamentally changed in recent time, my understanding is that there is no way to check on the progress of a waiver application. You just sit tight, wait for the embassy to contact you with an outcome and simply accept that it takes as long as it takes.

The references you may have seen on BE regarding "pending" case status are probably referring to Administrative Processing, which is an altogether different process and not relevant to a waiver of ineligibility application.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

HenryBD2 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks materialcontroller, that makes sense
Old Apr 1st 2015, 11:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Perhaps a moderator will merge this with the existing Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application thread, with which this poster is already familiar.

HenryDB2 - there are many people who read only the thread that's of interest to them... and you're likely to get a much better response in that thread - where people are more familiar with the process.

Ian
Merged as requested
Old Apr 7th 2015, 12:04 am
Just Joined

AKovir47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi,

I am new to this forum

First I would like to say thank you to everyone, this forum has been very helpful

I have had my interview in 29th Oct 2014, I was recommended waiver of ineligibility and then received email on 27th March 2015 to send my passport

I have few questions if anyone can answer for me please

I have dropped my passport to DX delivery service on 4th April for them to deliver to US Embassy. How long does it usually take to get the passport back?

And it seem first time applicant get 6 months visa with 1 entry, which I will be happy with. Does anyone know when the visa starts?

Once again many thanks to everyone and fingers crossed for those who are still waiting.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 12:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AKovir47
How long does it usually take to get the passport back?
Usually, about 2 weeks.

Does anyone know when the visa starts?
Usually, from the date of issue.

Ian
Old Apr 7th 2015, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ian.
Any advice on secondary interview Im sure I read somrthing about it on this forum
Old Apr 8th 2015, 2:21 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice on secondary interview Im sure I read somrthing about it on this forum
When you eventually seek entry to the USA with a visa that includes a waiver of ineligibility, you may be subjected to enhanced questioning by the immigration officers at the point of entry. This is possibly the "secondary" interview you're referring to.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

like i said in past i went in feb they took me in to room 15 min wait.nothing was asked.after 15 min i was on my way.so i think its depend on airport and who is interviewing u.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks Materialcontroller and Just Rite

Last night I received an email saying my passport is ready to be collected.

Just got back home with my passport and I got 1 year visa.

Under entries it has the letter M does this mean multiple entries?

Thanks
Old Apr 9th 2015, 12:05 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Under entries it has the letter M does this mean multiple entries?
It does indeed.

Ian
Old Apr 9th 2015, 2:24 am
Just Joined

LJW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am new to this forum

First I would like to say thank you to everyone, this forum has been very helpful

I have had my interview in 29th Oct 2014, I was recommended waiver of ineligibility and then received email on 27th March 2015 to send my passport

I have few questions if anyone can answer for me please

I have dropped my passport to DX delivery service on 4th April for them to deliver to US Embassy. How long does it usually take to get the passport back?

And it seem first time applicant get 6 months visa with 1 entry, which I will be happy with. Does anyone know when the visa starts?

Once again many thanks to everyone and fingers crossed for those who are still waiting.
Hi, glad you have had yours back, did you have to have a medical or anything after your interview, I am just wondering from when you had your interview to getting your email from the embassy saying they had recommended you for your waiver? I am currently all fingers crossed that mine comes
Old Apr 9th 2015, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

beibhinn16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LJW1
Hi, glad you have had yours back, did you have to have a medical or anything after your interview, I am just wondering from when you had your interview to getting your email from the embassy saying they had recommended you for your waiver? I am currently all fingers crossed that mine comes
Hi LJW1
Can you tell me when you had your interview. I had mine on the 16th of October 25 weeks now and still no word. This process is extremely stressful.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 3:29 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=ian-mstm;11614620]It does indeed.

Thanks Ian

Last edited by AKovir47; Apr 9th 2015 at 3:36 am. Reason: made an error
Old Apr 9th 2015, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LJW1
Hi LJW1
No medical after interview. Email came in 21 weeks and few days. How long have you been waiting? Fingers crossed too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.