Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 2nd 2014, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

there is a long list of docs to be sent up to the embassy, I may be being stupid but is this a generic list? do I need to send anything other than my passport?
Old May 2nd 2014, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
there is a long list of docs to be sent up to the embassy, I may be being stupid but is this a generic list? do I need to send anything other than my passport?
Hi Emma, congrats on getting the email. Read the email again, what does it say? The reason I'm saying this was, I quickly glanced offer the email, and clicked on the link and then started to get a little worried as the page was saying to send, near enough all the documents I took with me to the interview, started panicking then, after Ian-mstm telling me that the Passport is a document, I re read the email and it said the following

Please submit passport for visa issuance. Note that you have 30 days from today in which to resubmit your passport. Please be advised that if your passport is not received within this time your application will experience even further delays. You are NOT required to submit any other additional supporting documents

Took me a couple of times of re reading it, as I was in panick mode because of that page saying to send all the other documents, but eventually it sunk in what it said.

Just send your passport and nothing else.

Again, congrats.

Also a little update on me, had an email to say that my passport had been sent out by courier, and it will be ready for pick at my local DX point from Tuesday 6th may. Woohoo!!!!!

Last edited by ireallywannago; May 2nd 2014 at 4:39 am.
Old May 2nd 2014, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Just a quick question about the visa, how do I know how long the visa is issued for and how many entries your allowed? Do it come with a letter explaining how long the visa is issued for, and for how many entries into the US.

Mark.
Old May 2nd 2014, 5:23 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
... how do I know how long the visa is issued for and how many entries your allowed?
The visa will have an expiry date - so you will know exactly how long it is valid for. Also, there will be an "M" or "S" notation referring to the number of entries allowed: "M" for multiple, "S" for single. You may not know any of this information until you actually get the visa.

Ian
Old May 2nd 2014, 7:41 am
Just Joined

rinnie79 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=skishlee;11243458]I am pretty sure that the waiver is noted on the visa from what I have read.

Can anyone confirm this please? I am wanting to know if my husband has a waiver or just a standard visa as I believe it will make a difference when we arrive in USA with secondary processing right?
Old May 2nd 2014, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Reidy8082 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=rinnie79;11243881]
Originally Posted by skishlee
I am pretty sure that the waiver is noted on the visa from what I have read.

Can anyone confirm this please? I am wanting to know if my husband has a waiver or just a standard visa as I believe it will make a difference when we arrive in USA with secondary processing right?
My last visa waiver, had waiver stated on the visa, albeit this was in 2005, not sure if things have changed since.

Not sure if this will help, but that's the only info I have
Old May 2nd 2014, 8:34 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinnie79
You won't know until the visa arrives back. To address your question, yes, having a waiver annotation does increase the risk of being sent to secondary inspection. However, that's all it is: an increased chance. If the CBP officer asks you about it and is satisfied with your reply they may just stamp you in there and then.
Old May 2nd 2014, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks ireallywannago x
Old May 2nd 2014, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
You won't know until the visa arrives back. To address your question, yes, having a waiver annotation does increase the risk of being sent to secondary inspection. However, that's all it is: an increased chance. If the CBP officer asks you about it and is satisfied with your reply they may just stamp you in there and then.
Ok thanks. We already have the visa, got it yesterday. It doesn't say anything on it about a waiver so I guess it's just a standard visa. Was just a bit confused as the consulate officer told my husband that he needed a waiver due to convictions, one which involved a crime of moral turpitude. But then we received the visa only 10 days later with 10 years multiple entry. It seems that he didn't need a waiver after all and I'm assuming what we have here is a standard visa. I'm very surprised but definitely not complaining
Old May 2nd 2014, 10:35 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinnie79
Ok thanks. We already have the visa, got it yesterday. It doesn't say anything on it about a waiver so I guess it's just a standard visa. Was just a bit confused as the consulate officer told my husband that he needed a waiver due to convictions, one which involved a crime of moral turpitude. But then we received the visa only 10 days later with 10 years multiple entry. It seems that he didn't need a waiver after all and I'm assuming what we have here is a standard visa. I'm very surprised but definitely not complaining
Just to be sure, exactly what is written on the visa under 'Annotation'?
Old May 2nd 2014, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Just to be sure, exactly what is written on the visa under 'Annotation'?
There is nothing written under annotation, it is just blank
Old May 2nd 2014, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Makes sense, no waiver required.
Old May 3rd 2014, 12:10 am
Just Joined

skishlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys. Found out tonight that my husband's waiver was approved! I am so excited, I actually started tearing up!! I know it's only a holiday but it's something we've been waiting and hope for.

So we waited 23 weeks and 2 days. Didn't receive an email, I just happened to check the passport tracking thing and saw that it was being prepared for delivery (they kept his passport) and then I checked the visa status online and it had changed from "refused" to "issued"!

Can't wait to tell my husband, he is away at the moment, just waiting on him to call. I can now start planning properly!!
Old May 3rd 2014, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

James06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations skishlee

I am also from Australia and had my interview at Sydney. I see they kept your passport so now I'm confused as mine wasn't asked for.

Does anyone know the relevance of the embassy keeping hold of your passport whilst the waiver application is pending? Why would they keep some and not others?
Old May 3rd 2014, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

linsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Emma great news!!! and like I said it would come just after my husbands came don't think I need to say anymore I WAS RIGHT...AGAIN lol!!
Anyway I am so pleased for you now you can plan to book your holiday.
Hi Mark so you're picking your visa up on 6th it will have a expiry date on it when you receive it so let me know how long you get ours has been received at the consulate so just waiting for our email...again!!
Just booked discovery cove very happy
Linsay X

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.