Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 15th 2014, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

hi any one any luck recently? in to week 21st now
Old Jul 21st 2014, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi every one 21 week completed.in to 22 week now.just a update for u guys waiting
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Reidy8082 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed for you just rite. I'll keep checking for your response
Old Jul 24th 2014, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Charley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really nice

Hi ya no news yet just rite! I'm on 21 weeks and one day did email the embassy and they said it's being processed
Old Jul 24th 2014, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

theJBs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Thank you for a very informative thread. Especially thanks to:

ian-mstm
materialcontroller
crg

OK, so, I have a conviction from when I was 18 for supplying drugs (I am now 31) and am aware that I need to apply for a waiver of ineligibility. I went to my local police station and asked for the forms required to get a visa for USA. I paid the £10 and waited over a month haha only then to find this thread and see that the fee I paid was for the wrong criminal record disclosure!!! Which is highly funny and frustrating at the same time, but such is life.

So....having now sent off the correct form...I have been reading that I need court and police records of each time I have been arrested. To avoid any delays who specifically do I need to ask and what do I need to ask for?

Thank you in advance for any insight

Last edited by theJBs; Jul 24th 2014 at 2:14 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theJBs
Hello everyone,

Thank you for a very informative thread. Especially thanks to:

ian-mstm
materialcontroller
crg

OK, so, I have a conviction from when I was 18 for supplying drugs (I am now 31) and am aware that I need to apply for a waiver of ineligibility. I went to my local police station and asked for the forms required to get a visa for USA. I paid the £10 and waited over a month haha only then to find this thread and see that the fee I paid was for the wrong criminal record disclosure!!! Which is highly funny and frustrating at the same time, but such is life.

So....having now sent off the correct form...I have been reading that I need court and police records of each time I have been arrested. To avoid any delays who specifically do I need to ask and what do I need to ask for?

Thank you in advance for any insight
Did you keep the Subject Access Request report that the police gave you when you paid them £10? If so, and if it was relevant to your actual conviction, then you can supply that along with the ACPO certificate.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

3rdWaiver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by just rite
Hi every one 21 week completed.in to 22 week now.just a update for u guys waiting
just rite - Did you check the status of your case online? What does it say now?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Last edited by 3rdWaiver; Jul 24th 2014 at 10:23 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

3rd waiver,

hello there. no i am not able to check my status online. is there any other way i can access the info ? as the link doesn't seem to do the trick for me (keep telling me that the ref. no is wrong !!) . thanks.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 12:27 am
Just Joined

3rdWaiver is an unknown quantity at this point

when you lodged your ds-160 application online, you would have received a confirmation number. You need to use that confirmation number to check the status.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

James2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on week 24 and still waiting.
Does anyone know of the email address that has been spoken about so you can check the progress?

The status of my DS-160 application continues to say 'Refused' as it has done since my initial appointment at the embassy in February.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Charley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really nice

Does anyone know if the computer glitch at the Dos will affect our waivers?!?
Old Jul 25th 2014, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by James2014
I am on week 24 and still waiting.
Does anyone know of the email address that has been spoken about so you can check the progress?

The status of my DS-160 application continues to say 'Refused' as it has done since my initial appointment at the embassy in February.
I just went on the London embassy website and there is a link to send your question to the consular information unit
Also i don't think our status will change if we are not in administration processing
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:07 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charley241179
Does anyone know if the computer glitch at the Dos will affect our waivers?!?
Does anyone know? Likely not. Could it? Yes. Will it? Probably, yes.

Ian
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

James2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charley241179
I just went on the London embassy website and there is a link to send your question to the consular information unit
Also i don't think our status will change if we are not in administration processing
Do you happen to have a link to the relevant page? Went to the 'Contact us' section but couldn't see it?

Thanks.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 3:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James2014
Do you happen to have a link to the relevant page? Went to the 'Contact us' section but couldn't see it?
I found this after a 10-second Google search for "contact London embassy".

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.