Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 17th 2014, 10:13 am
Just Joined

keyman48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Many countries do not even ask about convictions when arriving or applying for visas, those that do generally have no access to details of my conviction in the USA, so I would select NO as response, I know that Canada has access to usa records but I dont think anyone else does. the conviction in question was dropped to misdeneanor and a diversion was received so as not on my record apparently, but the arrest is enough as far as the USA is concerned to require a waiver.

My worry is that if I have a USA visa with the waiver annotation on, I think that on trying to enter some countries they will realise that something is up, as UK citizens do not require visa to travel to the USA, so now worried about being refused entry to other countries.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keyman48
Many countries do not even ask about convictions when arriving or applying for visas, those that do generally have no access to details of my conviction in the USA, so I would select NO as response
If the question isn't asked, you aren't obligated to volunteer such information. If, however, the question is asked, it's probably not a good idea to lie to the immigration officials of that country.

My worry is that if I have a USA visa with the waiver annotation on, I think that on trying to enter some countries they will realise that something is up...
Yes, they might! The solution: either travel to these other countries and take your chances, or don't get the US visa processed. You can't have it both ways.

Ian
Old Mar 17th 2014, 7:04 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

the conviction in question was dropped to misdeneanor and a diversion was received so as not on my record apparently, but the arrest is enough as far as the USA is concerned to require a waiver
A mere arrest generally is not enough to require a waiver. The disposition of your charges counted as a conviction for immigration purposes. The fact that it dropped off later doesn't mean the conviction went away. You can't un-ring that bell.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 3:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crg
ICE Fugitive Ops likely had your case left to close. They check periodically on open cases. Perhaps they saw that you departed in 2004 and assumed the 10 years should start upon that departure because they didn't know about the prior departure. In reality, the clock on the 10 years should have started running when you departed from the 7 year trip and been expired by now.

I doubt that you even need that waiver you're waiting for.
Seems you used to be able to get away with a lot, their systems were not that effective, different now.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Leanne12 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi just a quick update, i got my passport back today, a week since i recieved email, they gave me 3 years, good luck to everyone waiting x
Old Mar 21st 2014, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by Leanne12
hi just a quick update, i got my passport back today, a week since i recieved email, they gave me 3 years, good luck to everyone waiting x
HI Leanne,

Excellent news, have a great trip.

Mark.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Delay in processing

Hi guys

Help please

I am on week 18 at the moment and was supposed to be going on a family holiday to Florida in may but it is all getting a bit close to the wire now to get it booked up.

The next chance that I will have to go with my family in late 2015.

If the grant the waiver now for example is it dated the date that the DHS grant the waiver or the date the visa is stuck into the passport in london? Is there any way if delaying the date so that the visa starts later and I can get the 2nd holiday in?

If not will I have to go back to london and do it all again?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry guys another question while I think of it. Obviously I don't know at the moment what the conditions of my visa will be (if I get one of course), I am aware from some other peoples posts that visas are granted for one single entry.

I was wanting to go to Florida and while I am there go on the Disney cruise for a 3 day Bahamian cruise. By doing that does that count as more than one entry into the US? They do not take your passport and no one stamps it on the boat so I am guessing not but if anyone knows that would be great x
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice
Exclamation Re: Delay in processing

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
Hi guys

Help please

I am on week 18 at the moment and was supposed to be going on a family holiday to Florida in may but it is all getting a bit close to the wire now to get it booked up.

The next chance that I will have to go with my family in late 2015.

If the grant the waiver now for example is it dated the date that the DHS grant the waiver or the date the visa is stuck into the passport in london? Is there any way if delaying the date so that the visa starts later and I can get the 2nd holiday in?

If not will I have to go back to london and do it all again?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Hi emma, I'm on week 19 now and I've told myself that with the current times that people are giving, I set my sights on having my answer by the end of April, middle of may, I have a lot longer for my holiday at as it's in September.

I would assume that the visa is dated from when it is put into your passport, I'm not to sure on this, and I would say that there would be no way of delaying the visa being out into your passport? Other than delaying sending it to london, but then they may give you a time frame to send it to them by?

Don't know if this is correct as this is my forst time getting a visa but this is what I was thinking.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

AmericanExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Went in for the interview on October 16th 2013 and received the email asking for his passport today. 23 weeks and 2 days.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmericanExpat
Went in for the interview on October 16th 2013 and received the email asking for his passport today. 23 weeks and 2 days.
Great news! Happy planning
Old Mar 31st 2014, 12:58 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I have just read the transcript for the March webchat, and there is nothing in it that indicates the review has been completed. There was a question on the subject but other than saying the person had to wait until their case was reviewed, they gave no information on the overall review of cautions.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Hi,
I applied for visa / waiver of ineligibilty, on 3rd dec 2013, in London. The ref number on the letter I was given at the interview does not show on the 'Administrative Processing Status' list on website, has anyone else had this issue? I can see only 1 case for that day listed but not my one.

My father is critically Ill in MICU in a San Diego hospital, and I want to go visit him before its too late, the hospital have sent a letter confirming the situation, do you think it could help speed things up? I think it is a matter of days rather than weeks he has left.

Any comments appreciated
Old Mar 31st 2014, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
I applied for visa / waiver of ineligibilty, on 3rd dec 2013, in London. The ref number on the letter I was given at the interview does not show on the 'Administrative Processing Status' list on website, has anyone else had this issue? I can see only 1 case for that day listed but not my one.

My father is critically Ill in MICU in a San Diego hospital, and I want to go visit him before its too late, the hospital have sent a letter confirming the situation, do you think it could help speed things up? I think it is a matter of days rather than weeks he has left.

Any comments appreciated
What visa did you apply for? Perhaps that could give people an insight and then they can give you a rough guide how long it will be. If you have applied for a B2 visa, then the waiting time after being refered for a waiver of ineligibility is around 6 months maybe longer? I'm not sure If they can speed things up for a situation like this, perhaps they can?
Old Mar 31st 2014, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Hi, thank you for reply.
Yes it is a b2 visa, any idea why ref number does not show on list?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.