Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 25th 2014, 9:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Reidy8082
But with some applications coming back in 23/24 weeks, gives me loads of time
Some... but not necessarily yours. The average wait time is longer.

Ian
Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Reidy8082 is an unknown quantity at this point

Truth is.... Nobody knows how long each case will take.

Just got to hope it all falls into place.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:23 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

BUT it is totally out of my hands and what will be will be.
Yep, that's certainly the case now. However the decision to put all your eggs in one basket by booking the holiday without having a valid visa in place first, that very much was in your hands. C'est la vie.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

I was not aware that the rules and timeframes had changed so drastically, other wise I wouldn't of booked.

But hey it is a few eggs...more eggs will be hatched. I've got a chicken laying all the time.

It is not a life or death situation and it certainly won't keep me up at night

Just thought I'd join up and share my experiences and gain some morale support as we are all (or have) gone through similar situations

C'est La Vie indeed
Old Apr 26th 2014, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Charley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really nice

I was not aware that the rules and timeframes had changed so drastically, other wise I wouldn't of booked.

But hey it is a few eggs...more eggs will be hatched. I've got a chicken laying all the time.

It is not a life or death situation and it certainly won't keep me up at night

Just thought I'd join up and share my experiences and gain some morale support as we are all (or have) gone through similar situations

C'est La Vie indeed
Totally agree with you. I'm in same position as you and on week 9.
Stay positive my friend. Don't be negative for the wait. Hey who knows it could come in 18 weeks. But like u said it's not life or death and I too have booked my holiday. They also wanted to know my flight numbers and my villa address on the form, which we had to submit.
There's loads of people on here that will give you moral support keep us posted xxxx
Old Apr 26th 2014, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Charley

Thanks for your kind reply. I have looked through your posts and our situations are very similar.

I will be keeping tabs on your story and have my fingers crossed for you that it all works out for you and your husband.

It is harsh they ask for all the accommodation/flight details but then say "you shouldn't have booked it"

Like we should all be fully aware of there painfully long administrative process.

Annoying that I am in no doubt, the waiver will be granted AND YET we may miss out just because of paperwork

The consulate officer was sympathetic and did say she would see if it can be processed urgently, but that could've been to get rid of me.... We shall see
Old Apr 26th 2014, 9:16 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

It is harsh they ask for all the accommodation/flight details but then say "you shouldn't have booked it"
You aren't obliged to provide details of confirmed flights or accommodation. It's perfectly acceptable to give prospective details of your potential plans.

Annoying that I am in no doubt, the waiver will be granted AND YET we may miss out just because of paperwork
But without that paperwork, you aren't allowed to enter the USA. And yet you went ahead and booked the trip regardless. So it will be entirely your own fault if your family misses out.

The consulate officer was sympathetic and did say she would see if it can be processed urgently, but that could've been to get rid of me.... We shall see
Your waiver will not be expedited. The criteria for speeding up waiver of ineligibility decisions state that it will only be considered in cases with "urgent humanitarian need for travel, such as medical treatment or a death in the applicant's family and cases where there is clear and significant US government interest."

As set out in 9 FAM 40.301 N7 EXPEDITE REQUESTS: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87150.pdf
Old Apr 26th 2014, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
You aren't obliged to provide details of confirmed flights or accommodation. It's perfectly acceptable to give prospective details of your potential plans.QUOTE]

But without that paperwork, you aren't allowed to enter the USA. And yet you went ahead and booked the trip regardless. So it will be entirely your own fault if your family misses out.

Your waiver will not be expedited. The criteria for speeding up waiver of ineligibility decisions state that it will only be considered in cases with "urgent humanitarian need for travel, such as medical treatment or a death in the applicant's family and cases where there is clear and significant US government interest."

As set out in 9 FAM 40.301 N7 EXPEDITE REQUESTS: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87150.pdf
Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Oh they won't let me in without it??? I thought I would just keep my head down and walk straight through security

As reading and understanding is obviously not your strong point, I did state in an earlier post I wasn't aware of the long wait times at the time of booking

And FYI my family will still go... I will just learn from it and go again next year with them all...(remember the eggs and baskets)

It will be fine, I used my puppy dog eyes, it'll be back in no time at all

Plus I've had a word with Mickey.. He's gonna av a word for me xx

Last edited by Reidy8082; Apr 26th 2014 at 9:50 am. Reason: shocking use of the quote facility (I'm new)
Old Apr 26th 2014, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

James06 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been following this thread with interest as I'm at week 13. My interview was January 29th at Sydney, Australia.

Looks like most of those waiting for a decision filed in London. Has anyone any knowledge if wait times are the same for Oz?

Good luck to all
Old Apr 27th 2014, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi James

I suspect so...

Found this on the us embassy Canberra website:

Should you be found ineligible, there is the possibility that the interviewing consular officer may submit a request for a waiver of your ineligibility. This request is made on your behalf to U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Admissibility Review Office (ARO) in the United States. The recommendation for a waiver is at the discretion of the interviewing consular officer and will be based on the nature, recency, and severity of your offense(s).

Approval of a waiver is currently taking around 5 months. You will need to provide details of your arrest and/or conviction in the form of court records or an Australian Police Certificate. If your police certificate does not show your arrest and/or conviction history you will then be required to obtain an “Advice of Court Result” letter. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to obtain these records should they be required.

Hope this helps.

Good luck
Old Apr 27th 2014, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

rinnie79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting thread. I have been Googling high and low to find people in a similar situation and just found you all hiding here. We booked our holiday to Disneyland just after Christmas and assumed it would be the same as travelling to Australia as we've done many times. It wasnt until we were at a BBQ last month that a friend mentioned that we'd need to get Visas. Logged on to get ESTA and then found that my husband wouldnt be elligible due to a Crime of Moral Turpitude 15 years ago! Was nothing major and was discharged with conviction. He had his interview at the Auckland Consualte last week and the Consulate Officer applied for a Waiver of Ineligibilitly for him, telling him it could take up to 2 months. Our holiday is booked for September so I'm hoping and praying like crazy that his 2 month estimate is pretty accurate. I'll check in here and update you all as soon as we hear anything. Good luck to the rest of you also waiting
Old Apr 27th 2014, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Charley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really nice

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Oh they won't let me in without it??? I thought I would just keep my head down and walk straight through security

As reading and understanding is obviously not your strong point, I did state in an earlier post I wasn't aware of the long wait times at the time of booking

And FYI my family will still go... I will just learn from it and go again next year with them all...(remember the eggs and baskets)

It will be fine, I used my puppy dog eyes, it'll be back in no time at all

Plus I've had a word with Mickey.. He's gonna av a word for me xx

Too right we will still be going too. If it comes in time great!!!! If it doesn't we will deal with the disappointment then. Not gonna think it's not gonna come......IT IS GONNA COME IN TIME
Old Apr 28th 2014, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

linsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Well 23 weeks and counting November my husband went for the interview, thank good we started the process early!! really don't envy people who are pushing it we've been there before and our visa didn't come in time and lost out on our holiday and a lot of money!!
Fed up of waiting now!
Old Apr 28th 2014, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

im week 23 tomorrow as well linsay xx
Old Apr 28th 2014, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

KHUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in week 21 now.
Hoping to get information around week 26.
This would leave me with 6 weeks to plan trip and receive passport back before my departure date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.