Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 13th 2014, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by linsay
And we tracked it they did receive it Friday so it does seem to be taking longer than yours Mark I'm hoping to get the email this week if not I will be panicking...again!
At the risk of being told, once again, that I'm negative and cynical, and have nothing good - ever - to say... this is the reason why you should not try to compare timelines.

Ian
Old May 13th 2014, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just querying notification methods and how you know its on its way back, im not comparing anything
Old May 14th 2014, 12:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
I was just querying notification methods and how you know its on its way back, im not comparing anything
I'm sorry, I must have misread this comment, "... it does seem to be taking longer than yours Mark"

Ian
Old May 14th 2014, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

it was just a comment, nothing more than that, sorry for any offence caused it wasn't intended
Old May 14th 2014, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

having looked again that wasn't even my comment!
Old May 14th 2014, 1:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
having looked again that wasn't even my comment!
D'Oh! You're right... now I feel like a total doofus! My bad!

Ian
Old May 14th 2014, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

linsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha it was mine
Linsay
Old May 15th 2014, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

got the email, my passport is on its way back x
Old May 15th 2014, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Yeah we have too!! Came about 4pm so glad Emma xx
Old May 15th 2014, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

yeh mine too, relief huh x
Old May 15th 2014, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

So glad for you both, you can get on planning with your holidays. I think were nearly done with everything just a few more little things to sort out and change money, then we'll be ready to go in 138 days
Old May 15th 2014, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

wow exciting x
Old May 15th 2014, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

So exciting we go in 83 days can't wait x
Old May 16th 2014, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

LondonLyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

I have a quick question which I can't seem to find an opinion on and so I am hoping you can help - apologies if you know I've missed earlier posts.

I have a conviction, and last year applied for a B2 visa as I wasn't clear whether it was a CIMT. Turns out neither was the interviewing officer, who said my case would need to be reviewed by his superior.

Anyway, 25 odd weeks later, I was delighted to get the email to say my visa was ready. When my passport was returned, there was no annotation relating to a waiver of ineligibility or criminal activity, just 'security clearance' and the date. It was a 12 month multiple entry visa, and on entering the US I had no secondary processing, just a stamp and on my way.

Now, am looking to travel again in the next year or so. On the basis that I don't appear to have required a waiver of ineligibility (correct me of my understanding is wrong), do you think I would be able to apply for ESTA? Or does my passport and earlier b2 visa application mean I would need to go through the same process?

For fullness of explanation I should say the visa I was granted doesn't expire for a couple of months, not sure if that matters.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and sorry for the long post.
Old May 17th 2014, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

I think once you've had a visa, you have to go down that route every time, from what I've read, 1st visa is valid for 1 year, next one is around a year- 3years then the 3rd visa takes longer to come back and it's a 5year visa. So only really need to apply for a visa 3 times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.