Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 24th 2014, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
So I'm quite confused, the first email is saying I need to send off additional documents to the consulate. But then the second email straight after says I do NOT need to send additional documents just my passport?
Your passport is a visa application document.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2014, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is one lady who reviews these, she is currently off sick.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Your passport is a visa application document.

Ian
Sorry to sound stupid Ian. But all I need to do is send the passport to the dx depot that I chose at the beginning of my ds 160 application, as I picked the one nearest me, do I have to arrange for then to pick it up or do I drop it off to their depot?

Edit: I think I just panicked after reading the 2 emails I've had time to re read the emails, and I'm going to send passport to london by Royal Mail. As I'm not too sure what to do with dx secure.

Last edited by ireallywannago; Apr 24th 2014 at 7:01 pm. Reason: Calmed down.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:56 am
Just Joined

skishlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, I've had my email for me to send my passport off for my waiver, had email at 15:33.

Thought if let you know, I will update more tomorrow as I'm in work not until 23:15, typical eh!
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your holiday.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

linsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark
Have you got it sorted??
Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

But all I need to do is send the passport to the dx depot that I chose at the beginning of my ds 160 application, as I picked the one nearest me, do I have to arrange for then to pick it up or do I drop it off to their depot?
The info you seek is in the emails you received. Y'know... click on the link they provided and follow the instructions!

Ian
Old Apr 25th 2014, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by linsay
Hi Mark
Have you got it sorted??
Yeah I think I just panicked a bit and was reading too much into it. I have sent my passport today to the us embassy in London by Royal Mail special delivery, should get there by Monday.

Just wait for it to come back now.

Mark.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think I just panicked a bit and was reading too much into it. I have sent my passport today to the us embassy in London by Royal Mail special delivery, should get there by Monday.

Just wait for it to come back now.
With respect, I think you've made a grave mistake. The US embassy asked you to forward your passport to them via DXSecure. You have chosen to ignore their instructions and I very much doubt they will accept your passport for visa issuance via Royal Mail. Don't be surprised if your passport is returned without the visa. You could also potentially fall foul of the 30 day rule and basically end up forfeiting this application.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
With respect, I think you've made a grave mistake. The US embassy asked you to forward your passport to them via DXSecure. You have chosen to ignore their instructions and I very much doubt they will accept your passport for visa issuance via Royal Mail. Don't be surprised if your passport is returned without the visa. You could also potentially fall foul of the 30 day rule and basically end up forfeiting this application.
On the courier letter from the embassy it does state the applicants CAN send their documents to the embassy using the Royal Mail special delivery service if they are unable to get to the chosen courier place.

This is from the courier print out from embassy

"Applicants or third parties can go to any of the DX authorized drop-off locations and drop their documents at no cost. If the DX drop-box locations are not convenient, Royal Mail Special Delivery can be used at the applicant’s own expense, as an alternate method to mail-in the documents to the Consular Section. Consular section mailing address: US Embassy London 24 Grosvenor Square , London, W1K 6Ah GB"

So I take thy to mean I am able to send it myself through Royal Mail, but it will be sent back using their chosen courier.

Mark.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

On the courier letter from the embassy it does state the applicants CAN send their documents to the embassy using the Royal Mail special delivery service if they are unable to get to the chosen courier place.

This is from the courier print out from embassy

"Applicants or third parties can go to any of the DX authorized drop-off locations and drop their documents at no cost. If the DX drop-box locations are not convenient, Royal Mail Special Delivery can be used at the applicant’s own expense, as an alternate method to mail-in the documents to the Consular Section. Consular section mailing address: US Embassy London 24 Grosvenor Square , London, W1K 6Ah GB"

So I take thy to mean I am able to send it myself through Royal Mail, but it will be sent back using their chosen courier.
Well to be fair, you never mentioned this information before. Merely that you were confused by the DXSecure instructions and then went ahead and used Royal Mail!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Well to be fair, you never mentioned this information before. Merely that you were confused by the DXSecure instructions and then went ahead and used Royal Mail!
I know, been a little flumuxed with it all. Apologies

Mark.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Reidy8082 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, good evening all.... I have just been reading this thread with great interest and it seems you are all having so much fun ...... I thought I'd get in on the action...

Here is my story (if anyone is interested)

I have just returned home from the joys of the US Embassy in London

I have a criminal record for drug charges ( class A with intent to supply ) from when I was just 15 years old

&

Common assault from 2001

I sound like such a thug.... Honestly I'm quite a nice bloke

I initially applied for a visa, back in 2005 in Belfast.

This was granted via a waiver of ineligibility for 12 months and I went on my merry way to Orlando for two weeks.

After all the messing around and a two hour wait getting through security, I vowed never to return to the wonderful USA until I had offspring that wanted to go to disney.

Fast forward 9 yrs and I have two little cherubs who are chomping at the bit to go to disney and spend some quality time with mickey and the crew.

So easy peesy..... Booked to go on Oct 29th, flights and accommodation booked and paid for, just gotta get that visa sorted...

Well it appears (as you all know) it is a 5/6 month wait for waivers to be renewed. So the race is on!!! I fly 26 weeks next Wednesday.

It is very disappointing and will completely ruin the looking forward to phase of this holiday, but what the hell it is only a holiday!!!

So I will be avidly watching this thread for feedback of when you all get your visas and timelines of issuances too.

The consulate officer told me it is currently taking 5/6 weeks but that is only an estimate and can be shorter or longer.

Hello to all you regulars and its great to be on board
Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry 5/6 weeks!!!! I wish

I meant 5/6 months
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Reidy8082
Well it appears (as you all know) it is a 5/6 month wait for waivers to be renewed. So the race is on!!! I fly 26 weeks next Wednesday.

It is very disappointing and will completely ruin the looking forward to phase of this holiday, but what the hell it is only a holiday!!!
The waiver of ineligibility decision takes 26 weeks(ish) but you also need to add on a further 2 weeks on top of that, which is the time it takes to send your passport to the embassy and for them to return it to you after granting the visa.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi materialcontroller

I see the wait seems to be 2 weeks on passport turnaround

But with some applications coming back in 23/24 weeks, gives me loads of time

It is gonna be a very fine line, in all honesty,

BUT it is totally out of my hands and what will be will be.

It's still nice to know my kids will be going and having a great time, just be nice if I could be there too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.