Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 30th 2014, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

James06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I just had a look back at the beginning of this thread and in 2011 people were stressing and complaining about the wait times for a waiver application which was then approx 2 months! How times have changed.
Old May 30th 2014, 6:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James06
How times have changed.
True! I, and others, have asked that this thread be retired or severed from 1/1/14... but, so far, the moderator has not seen fit to do so. Much of the information prior to 2014 is now largely irrelevant.

Ian
Old Jun 1st 2014, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

multiwick is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning everyone.... Just a quick question. Which embassy have you all been going to for your interviews? London or Belfast?
We normally go to Belfast (Even though we are in England), but by looking at the wait times they both seem similar in lenght ie 5-6 months?
Thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by multiwick
Morning everyone.... Just a quick question. Which embassy have you all been going to for your interviews? London or Belfast?
We normally go to Belfast (Even though we are in England), but by looking at the wait times they both seem similar in lenght ie 5-6 months?
Thanks
Sydney Australia. I think the wait is the same the world over.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 4:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by multiwick
Which embassy have you all been going to for your interviews? London or Belfast?
While there is a US Consulate in both London and Belfast, the US Embassy is in London. Since the Embassy doesn't issue visas, I believe you're asking about the US Consulates.

... by looking at the wait times they both seem similar in lenght ie 5-6 months?
Correct - wait times are about 20-30 weeks regardless of the Consulate.

Ian
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Kent2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

STRICTLY PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL - Only for this site use only (Thank you)

Greetings to my fellow brethren,

MY PROFILE:-
1) I'm British passport holder.
2) Have Refugee Status Background - (christian african country not in good books with UK/USA).
3) Been to USA 25-30 yrs ago, once only as a 8 yrs old child (2 weeks East & West Coast).
4) In 2006 - Fake solicitors duped me in believing that they can process my asylum case with uk home office & gave me fraudulant immigration stamp in my african passport.
5) In a nutshell was caught trying to get a job using it (unknowingly that its fake).
6) Judge sympathized with me , said couldn't be deported to my home country, but had to give me a reduced mandatory 'custodial sentence' under I.D Act (which is now scrapped).
7) Sentenced for ''2 months'' & served ''1 month'' in custody of her majesty's HMP service.
8) The sentence under UK Law is now SPENT - which doesn't apply to USA Law.
9) I'm tri-nationality ( 3 passports holder) - Criminal record only on UK Records, others clean slate.

My Questions is:-

1) What are my chances for applying for Tourist Visa in London for DEC 2014?
2) Should l wait for a few further years before l apply - to allow time period to pass?
3) 'Immigration' Convictions are they seen to be serious by USA Homeland security folks.
4) If l apply from another country where i'm a passport holder would UK Show up?
5) l want to be honest & don't want to mess up, as l really love the States & a lifetime ban would be unbearable for me !
6) Your advice is truly appreciated - No matter how small you think it may be.

Thanking you all.

God bless you, God bless the Queen & God Bless America !
Nkosi Sikeleli Africa !
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 9:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kent2000
STRICTLY PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL - Only for this site use only (Thank you)
You do know that this is a public forum, and that your posts can be seen by anybody on the internet?

If you've included information you don't want the whole world to be able to read, you might want to edit your post asap - you can do it within 2 hrs of posting.

HTH and welcome to BE.

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 12:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kent2000
1) What are my chances for applying for Tourist Visa in London for DEC 2014?
You shouldn't have any problems whatsoever applying for a tourist visa. Your chances of actually getting the visa, however, are probably less than 50%. Still, you really have nothing to lose by applying. If you're going to apply, apply now... because it might take 5-6 months for approval.

2) Should l wait for a few further years before l apply - to allow time period to pass?
If the trip isn't urgent, then as more time passes, your chances of success should increase. The important word here is "should". There's no guarantee.

3) 'Immigration' Convictions are they seen to be serious by USA Homeland security folks.
Yes.

4) If l apply from another country where i'm a passport holder would UK Show up?
There's no way to know for sure, but you should assume it will. You are the same person, regardless of the passport you use... and all three passports are linked to you. Regardless of which passport you use, you must declare the incident. If you get caught in a lie, you face a lifetime ban from the US. Just don't lie.

That all said, I'm having a difficult time understanding how you actually "love the States" and that a ban would be "unbearable". How much different could your life possibly be if you were banned from the US... considering you've only been to the US once, for 2 weeks, and it was 25-30 years ago?

Ian
Old Jun 16th 2014, 5:59 am
Just Joined

BigFattony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigFattony
Just to update.

Have received my ACRO certificate(which came back with NO LIVE TRACE) and filled in my visa application. My interview is scheduled for June 16th so if I don't get the Visa, it looks pretty bleak to get a waiver of ineligibility by September. Fingers crossed!
Just wanted to share my good news. I went for my interview, expecting to be there for hours and with only a very slim chance of success.

From being checked in, going through security, having my documentation processed and being interviewed took less than 90 minutes. All staff at the embassy were courteous, sympathetic and professional and I was granted a multiple-entry visa valid for 10 years.

Admittedly, my offence was on the lower side of the scale and occurred many years ago, but I admitted a controlled substance offence and WAS granted a visa without needing a waiver of ineligibility. This was contrary to most of what is being said online and I felt I ought to offer a success story.......That was what I was desperately hoping to find a few months back!

I felt that the questions that I was asked were relevant rather than intrusive.

The total cost including travel, overnight accommodation, tube fares, parking, visa fees, ACRO certificates, duplication and postage came to £396.54. I can now go on my trip with real peace of mind.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me on this site and best wishes to everyone else who is going through the trauma. Hope my story will help or reassure some of you.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats and thanks for letting us know. Sounds like you didn't need a waiver after all but at least you know for sure and can travel worry-free
Old Jun 17th 2014, 1:26 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Good news! Thanks for sharing your update.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

hello
do any one knows wat the waiting time for approvals of waiver plz
Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:41 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by just rite
hello
do any one knows wat the waiting time for approvals of waiver plz
Scroll up a bit...

Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

with respect.i think it vary's time to time #659
thanks for your reply though
Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by just rite
with respect.i think it vary's time to time #659
thanks for your reply though
Post no. 659 is from over a year ago! So hardly relevant now - the post above that BunnyGirl has kindly taken the time to point out is for current timescales.

HTH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.