Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
hi guys, has anyone had their waiver email yet? im at week 21. any update on processing times?
Hi Emma, I went on the 8th November, and I'm week 22 now, so your just a week behind me. I haven't heard anything and I'm not expecting to for another 4 weeks (hopefully).

Mark.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 1:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
hi guys, has anyone had their waiver email yet? im at week 21. any update on processing times?
AFAIK, waiver processing times have not changed at all. I'm guessing it's still taking between 25-30 weeks.

Ian
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

linsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I'm new to this however I am so glad I have read this, my husband had his interview on the 12th November and still has had no reply, our family trip to Florida is 7th August. I am pleased I read 'ireallywannago' as he is in the same situation. We have been through this before but did not receive the visa in time so lost out on our holiday, he did get a visa but it was only for 1 year so did not use it please keep updating as it really helps people when in the same situation
Old Apr 14th 2014, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by linsay
Hi
I'm new to this however I am so glad I have read this, my husband had his interview on the 12th November and still has had no reply, our family trip to Florida is 7th August. I am pleased I read 'ireallywannago' as he is in the same situation. We have been through this before but did not receive the visa in time so lost out on our holiday, he did get a visa but it was only for 1 year so did not use it please keep updating as it really helps people when in the same situation
Thanks for reading, 1 good thing is that there is quite along time before you go on holiday. Even if you hear the last week of may (which I very much doubt it would be that long) you still have atleast 2 months to plan and get everything ready before you go on the 7th of August.

Another question I wanted to ask was. When you get to immigration and then get sent to the second check part, does all the family go to the second check point, or is it just the person with the visa in their passport. If we all go in there, would it just be me that's taken off to be questioned. I wouldn't want my children there whilst I'm being question as they don't know about my conviction.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi
I'm hopeful that it will come as he got it last time it's just the waiting and the kids getting excited not knowing what's going off! how would we tell them if he didn't get it! They said they would recommend him to have one for 1-2 years (I don't care as long as he gets one for at least 6 months!
As for getting there then getting questioned I really don't know the answer, I hope we all don't have to go in as we are the same as you not wanting the kids to know Do you know if they question everyone who has applied for a visa? I just thought once you had it everything would be ok?
Linsay
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:03 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
Another question I wanted to ask was. When you get to immigration and then get sent to the second check part, does all the family go to the second check point, or is it just the person with the visa in their passport. If we all go in there, would it just be me that's taken off to be questioned. I wouldn't want my children there whilst I'm being question as they don't know about my conviction.
It will just be you in secondary processing if that happens. The rest of your family will be able to continue to the baggage reclaim and customs, then wait for you by the exit of the arrivals terminal.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply mixed feelings about that, glad kids don't have to go in however it will be a long bloody wait whilst he's being interrogated again!! What a nightmare just to go on a 2 week family holiday to Florida! #stressful
Old Apr 14th 2014, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Do you know if they question everyone who has applied for a visa? I just thought once you had it everything would be ok?
Linsay
From what I've been reading the majority of people go to secondary processing but also read it sometimes depends on the immigration officer, I think

Mark.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 7:31 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
From what I've been reading the majority of people go to secondary processing but also read it sometimes depends on the immigration officer, I think
Correct.

The CBP officer may ask why you have a visa, or they'll see the waiver of ineligibility annotation and possibly ask you about that. A lot of the time, people travelling with waivers of ineligibility will be sent for secondary processing.

Bear in mind that secondary processing could be as quick as 5 minutes or it could last a couple of hours. So you should plan for this and any impact it may have on connecting flights or other arrangements you need to make for your arrival.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
It will just be you in secondary processing if that happens. The rest of your family will be able to continue to the baggage reclaim and customs, then wait for you by the exit of the arrivals terminal.
That's good to know, that's eases the mind a little.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 4:26 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
That is not always the case. Often the entire family will be go to secondary and the person may be questioned in front of family.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Well to be honest I will just feel happy when the email comes and we have passport back in our hand with the waiver we can start looking forward to our holiday
Old Apr 14th 2014, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Well to be honest I will just feel happy when the email comes and we have passport back in our hand with the waiver we can start looking forward to our holiday
Me too, I've planned everything ready just incase, I haven't paid for anything else, just got it all planned ready incase I get a yes, been saving since last October, so the money is ready to go and buy, but will not purxhase anything till I have my passport back in hand with the visa in.

Mark.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by crg
That is not always the case. Often the entire family will be go to secondary and the person may be questioned in front of family.
Never heard of it happening or seen it reported on any immigration forums either.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

We are the same! we have all the money to pay the rest of the holiday in our savings, we need to pay the rest on 15th May so fingers crossed it will be here before then then we can purchase our tickets and book to swim with the dolphins getting a little anxious now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.