Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 17th 2014, 3:42 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
I wouldn't have thought they would refuse you entry if nothing has changed since you were given the waiver by DHS
They can refuse you entry if the secondary processing highlights any inconsistencies in your story or if there are any other unsatisfactory issues raised during the questioning.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
They can refuse you entry if the secondary processing highlights any inconsistencies in your story or if there are any other unsatisfactory issues raised during the questioning.
Oh well, if I get my visa, I'm not going to let that bother or worry me, they know everything as I've told them, so I'm not going to worry over nothing as I think it will spoil the excitement of planning the holiday.

Mark.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
Oh well, if I get my visa, I'm not going to let that bother or worry me, they know everything as I've told them, so I'm not going to worry over nothing as I think it will spoil the excitement of planning the holiday.
Every trip to secondary processing is different. I've seen reports on here from people who've been in there 5 minutes and just been routinely rubber stamped in to the USA.

In my one single experience of visiting the US, I arrived at Houston (IAH) and was immediately sent for secondary processing as soon as the CBP officer noticed my B visa with waiver of ineligibility annotation.

I waited in secondary for maybe half an hour or so before being called up to the desk. I was asked almost the same identical questions I'd been asked at my visa interview in London. I got the impression the CBP were comparing my verbal answers with those I'd given previously in London and trying to gauge if I was telling lies or had an inconsistent or unconvincing story.

The entire process from leaving the aircraft to being admitted to the USA, took close to 2 hours (over an hour queueing for the initial CBP immigration check plus maybe 45-50 minutes total in secondary processing - 35 minutes of waiting + 15 minutes of questioning).

YMMV
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanks guys, do you know what is asked in secondary? is it just details of the offence?
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Well judging from materialcontroller1 it's probably the same as the interview in London. No problems there

Any news emmaw1?
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

no nothing yet ireallywannago, I am guessing nothing with you either? God I cannot believe that I am putting myself through this much stress for a holiday!
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
no nothing yet ireallywannago, I am guessing nothing with you either? God I cannot believe that I am putting myself through this much stress for a holiday!
Nope nothing with me either. I know, it is a lot of stress for a holiday, but for us it will probably be our only holiday to florida, so I'm not that bothered, but I do understand why they do these things, just don't like how long it takes lol. If we want to go to their country then we have to follow their rules I suppose.

Mark.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

linsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Well 23rd week and still not had an email very frustrating, I guess no one else has heard anything yet?
Linsay
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Nothing here either linsay. It is frustrating as I just want to put everything into place that I have planned for when I get the go ahead. Seen good deals on car hire but can't book.

It shouldn't be much longer, hopefully lol

Mark.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

linsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Another day Mark surely it can't be much longer! I'm thinking next week...hopefully lol
Linsay
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by linsay
Another day Mark surely it can't be much longer! I'm thinking next week...hopefully lol
Linsay
I know. It's 24 weeks for me on Friday, perhaps they have holidays over Easter? So could be longer again ( I hope not)

Mark.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

any news ireallywannago?
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
any news ireallywannago?
Nope, nowt! You?

Mark.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

nope
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

I know we'll probably have to wait the full 30 weeks like Ian said in a previous post

Mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.