Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 13th 2015, 8:38 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by pastmistakes
I just found out that my I-94 form was stamped to expire in 2018. I'm on a (waiver of ineligibilty L-2)which expires in 2016, I've done some research and people are saying that you should always abide with the date on the I-94 form. My question is, does that mean I do not have to come back to the consular to renew my visa waiver and stay till 2018 when the I-94 expires.
You are able to remain inside the USA until the date marked on your I-94.
Old Dec 13th 2015, 8:46 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pastmistakes
My question is, does that mean I do not have to come back to the consular to renew my visa waiver and stay till 2018 when the I-94 expires.
First off... don't say "visa waiver"... because people will incorrectly assume you mean the "visa waiver program" which is, most definitely, not what you're talking about.

That said... yes - the I-94 determines the date by which you must leave the US. You are allowed to remain in the US even if your visa expires, so long as you are still within the valid date on the I-94. If you leave the US at any time after your visa expires but before the I-94 expires, you must appear at a US Consulate abroad and get a new visa... which means a new waiver.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Dec 13th 2015 at 8:48 am.
Old Dec 13th 2015, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

1717uj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys,
Thanks for replying.
I've a question. if I changed my mind and wanted to get a visa for canada, would be the same proccess they will find that I've been withdrawan and arrested in the usa.

Best wishes for all,
Old Dec 14th 2015, 12:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1717uj
Hello guys,
Thanks for replying.
I've a question. if I changed my mind and wanted to get a visa for canada, would be the same proccess they will find that I've been withdrawan and arrested in the usa.

Best wishes for all,
For questions about Canada visas, it would be better to post in the Canadian immi section of the forum. Be aware though, that Canada is often stricter than the US when it comes to criminal records - it's not clear from your posts what you've been arrested for, and whether you were charged or not, but you can find out info on the CIC website and figure out if you need criminal rehab or not to enter Canada.

Even if you don't require rehab to enter Canada, you will of course have to declare any conviction or criminal record when you apply for a visa, and should assume that Canadian immi officers can see your record.

HTH, good luck.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 12:13 am
Just Joined

Mistyknight17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheCarMadDad
As promised, here's an update on my CEAC...

Passport was taken to courier on Monday 7th, although it wasn't in transit to the embassy until Tuesday 8th. My CEAC stated 'refused' until Friday 11th when it changed to 'Administrative Processing'

Hope this helps

Thanks for the update. That's really kind of you.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Gman5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update - 20th may interview and not heard anything yet. Haven't got anything booked so not worried, kind of hoping it comes in January so I can go New York for xmas next year
Old Dec 14th 2015, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gman5
Update - 20th may interview and not heard anything yet. Haven't got anything booked so not worried, kind of hoping it comes in January so I can go New York for xmas next year
Same here, 19th may interview, haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping to go to Florida in August, so fingers crossed.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
Same here, 19th may interview, haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping to go to Florida in August, so fingers crossed.
26th may interview. No news yet. Will update as soon as I hear either way.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 12:00 am
Just Joined

TheCarMadDad is an unknown quantity at this point

As promised, here's an update on my CEAC...

Passport was taken to courier on Monday 7th, although it wasn't in transit to the embassy until Tuesday 8th. My CEAC stated 'refused' until Friday 11th when it changed to 'Administrative Processing'

Hope this helps
Just a quick further update (16/12/15)...

My CEAC has today changed from 'Administrative Processing' to 'Issued', So 5 days to process my passport (that includes the weekend though)... Hopefully my passport is now stamped up and on its way back to me

Last edited by TheCarMadDad; Dec 16th 2015 at 12:03 am. Reason: Grammar
Old Dec 16th 2015, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Just a quick further update (16/12/15)...

My CEAC has today changed from 'Administrative Processing' to 'Issued', So 5 days to process my passport (that includes the weekend though)... Hopefully my passport is now stamped up and on its way back to me

Seems is a busy time for processing. I really hope is in your hand very shortly.

Regardless. Amazing news and thanks for updating. Good to know as I sit patiently impatient ☺️

Hopefully DX will be speedy Gonzalez for you.

Merry Christmas !

Last edited by Mistyknight17; Dec 16th 2015 at 1:18 am.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Well Ive just received my email to send my passport on for visa issuance. Thank god!!!!!

Will keep you all up to date wen I recieved it back.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 5:42 am
Just Joined

I too have received and email today to send off my passport! It says to send off within 30 days, can I ask does this mean my waiver is valid from today?
Old Dec 16th 2015, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mistyknight17
Seems is a busy time for processing. I really hope is in your hand very shortly.

Regardless. Amazing news and thanks for updating. Good to know as I sit patiently impatient ☺️

Hopefully DX will be speedy Gonzalez for you.

Merry Christmas !

As of 18:15 UK time today CEAC also for me has changed from 'Administrative Processing' to 'Issued'

I'm over the moon

Email 9th am
Delivered to embassy via DX 10th am
Admin Processing Status 14th
Issued status end of day 16th

Now sending positive energy to DX so I can go collect it.

Does anyone know if I get a new tracking number or an email please to collect ?!

Have a great evening everyone.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gman5
I too have received and email today to send off my passport! It says to send off within 30 days, can I ask does this mean my waiver is valid from today?
I think the visa is valid from the day it's printed.

Congrats by the way!
Old Dec 16th 2015, 7:14 am
Just Joined

I did think that!

Thank you very much, it's been a long process just nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hope you hear soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.