Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 17th 2015, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Just one question, how likely is it that I'm going to get a 6 month visa, this is my second visa and my first one was valid for a year?
Old Dec 17th 2015, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
Just one question, how likely is it that I'm going to get a 6 month visa, this is my second visa and my first one was valid for a year?
in my understanding u will get at least 1yrs visa.may be 2yrs not 6 month
Old Dec 17th 2015, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... how likely is it that I'm going to get a 6 month visa...
It's not very likely at all.

Ian
Old Dec 18th 2015, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Practice Tip: Subsequent Entries
For those granted a single entry visa, a subsequent visit to the United States will
require an entirely new visa application and waiver request. Once a waiver has
been recommended, however, it is likely that subsequent requests will be
approved, if circumstances have not changed and the applicant has complied with
the terms of the previous visa. The consulate is instructed by the Foreign Affairs
Manual to recommend a waiver “unless there is new derogatory information, a
material change in the purpose of their trip, or some other material change in
circumstances relevant to the factors to be considered under 212(d)(3)(A).”24 In
addition, adjudication by the ARO of subsequent applications should be relatively
fast. FBI name checks obtained by the ARO are maintained indefinitely; thus,
subsequent waiver requests will be processed by the ARO without the need to
wait for a response from the FBI if there is evidence of a completed name check
in the record
Old Dec 19th 2015, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by just rite
Practice Tip: Subsequent Entries
For those granted a single entry visa, a subsequent visit to the United States will
require an entirely new visa application and waiver request. Once a waiver has
been recommended, however, it is likely that subsequent requests will be
approved, if circumstances have not changed and the applicant has complied with
the terms of the previous visa. The consulate is instructed by the Foreign Affairs
Manual to recommend a waiver “unless there is new derogatory information, a
material change in the purpose of their trip, or some other material change in
circumstances relevant to the factors to be considered under 212(d)(3)(A).”24 In
addition, adjudication by the ARO of subsequent applications should be relatively
fast. FBI name checks obtained by the ARO are maintained indefinitely; thus,
subsequent waiver requests will be processed by the ARO without the need to
wait for a response from the FBI if there is evidence of a completed name check
in the record
Does this mean things should speed up a little in the future?
Old Dec 19th 2015, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean things should speed up a little in the future?
In violation of BE rules, the guy quoted copyrighted material from a web site. It looks to be from one of several sources dating back to 2009... but, when you boil it down, it means nothing. The section refers to the process of getting a waiver approved... and while it says things should speed up a bit, it was written prior to the current practice of taking 7-8 months.

It's nothing; it's meaningless; and it was a complete disservice to the members here for the user to have posted old and out-of-date information.

Ian
Old Dec 23rd 2015, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

until when is embassy close ?
Old Dec 23rd 2015, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by just rite
until when is embassy close ?
Is Google broken? Are you so lazy that you can't just look it up? The holiday hours are usually posted.

Ian
Old Dec 27th 2015, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

amenicycinema is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicky33
Had interview jan 5th received email 23rd Nov. Second waiver too..received 2 year visa. Hope you hear something soon
Nicky33 that reassures me slightly thanks! Has anyone else's (second) waiver been taking so long? Currently been waiting 9 months and a few days. I remember how happy I was getting the email first time around, so this will be worth it in the end!
Old Dec 27th 2015, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Tweety23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amenicycinema
Nicky33 that reassures me slightly thanks! Has anyone else's (second) waiver been taking so long? Currently been waiting 9 months and a few days. I remember how happy I was getting the email first time around, so this will be worth it in the end!
Yes, my Husband has been waiting almost 14 months now. Attended London Embassy in Nov 14 - second waiver.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

it will come but no one knows when
Old Dec 30th 2015, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Highs, just a little update on the Visa,

Had the passport back with the 2nd visa in, Valid for 1 year with multiple entries. The only thing different i noticed on this visa is, where it says granted on the visa, underneath on this one it now says "ESTA Record Reviewed" is that something thats new for everyone or is it just my visa its on now. It probably doesn't mean anything to us, but its probably there just to inform border security that the embassy as checked the ESTA as well?

Mark.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Just been on the CEAC and noticed this
http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/admi...rocessing.html
Beginning December 14, 2015 it is no longer possible to check the status of your application online. The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit will contact you by email once they can proceed with your application.
Wonder why this is ??
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by serenawell
Wonder why this is ??
Likely one of two things: 1) they are tired of receiving inquiries about case status; or 2) they no longer care to maintain the web site.

Ian
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Gman5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I need to send my passport off, I've printed the certificate etc what other documents do I need to send with this? I've read the email but can't find what other documentation

Apologies if this is a stupid question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.