Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 8th 2015, 10:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hi All,

Thank you for everyone who contributes to this forum it is a very useful tool to gauge how long your application will take.

I have great news:

Applied: 6th May 2015
Email Confirmation: 9th Dec 2015

I am heading to the embassy now to hand my passport in,

Total time 7 months and 3 Days!

Have a great Christmas all!
Congrats, but please contact Site Admin for a username change - as per Site Rule 11 you can't use an email address as a username.

Thx.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 8th 2015 at 11:02 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Thank you for everyone who contributes to this forum it is a very useful tool to gauge how long your application will take.

I have great news:

Applied: 6th May 2015
Email Confirmation: 9th Dec 2015

I am heading to the embassy now to hand my passport in,

Total time 7 months and 3 Days!

Have a great Christmas all!

Congrats and thanks for sharing your timeline!
Old Dec 9th 2015, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Mistyknight17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone

I wanted to share with you all that today I received my email to 'send passport'

Relief and happiness is an understatement.

Thank you for your comments, especially Ian

Interview. May 18th. Email. December 9th

Total of 29 weeks and 2 days or 6 months and 21 days.

Good luck to everyone else waiting and thanks again.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 10:16 am
Banned

davo@davobeveridge.com is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

So I attempted to walk my passport to the embassy - this was met by an embassy worker with rolling eyes saying I had to get it couriered (and not by a random company but by FedEx or Royal Mail)

I am due to be in Miami on Tuesday and the passport will be with the embassy tomorrow (Friday 10th Dec) by 1am.

Question is... how long does it take before they say come pick it up and do they always send it or can you go and collect?

I have a feeling I won't have my passport in time for Tuesday - seems counter productive that I couldn't drop it off directly to the embassy! (I make a great courier!)

If anyone knows what the likely turnaround time is please let me know - I have seen 5 days which is particularly frustrating as I had my own pritt stick ready to glue it in the back of my passport yesterday! ...
Old Dec 9th 2015, 10:18 am
Just Joined

ms123 is an unknown quantity at this point

@davos

I haven't gotten my passport and I sent it on December 1st and it's the 10th today
Old Dec 9th 2015, 10:20 am
Banned

davo@davobeveridge.com is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ms123 - Did you use the DX service?

Originally Posted by ms123
@davos

I haven't gotten my passport and I sent it on December 1st and it's the 10th today
That's annoying! - Have you checked the https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ website to see where your processing is at?

Also did you use the DX Group courier service - I opted for Royal Mail next day delivery and I am based in London.

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 9th 2015 at 10:40 am.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 10:41 am
Just Joined

I live in Japan so I used the local courier. My file turned from refused to administrative processing on December 4th which means they have been working on my case since then.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am due to be in Miami on Tuesday...
Sorry, but the US government really doesn't care about your bad planning.

Question is... how long does it take before they say come pick it up and do they always send it or can you go and collect?
Keep in mind that it's still going to take 2-3 days before your passport even gets the visa in it - and then it'll take another day or so before it gets back to the courier. You can collect it from the courier directly. Generally - it takes about 5-6 days to get the passport back.

... seems counter productive that I couldn't drop it off directly to the embassy!
It's not personal - but consider the chaos that would ensue if everyone decided to do that. You're not a US citizen - you can't enter the Embassy without an appointment.

Ian
Old Dec 9th 2015, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

bobells89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again guys and girls.

Just an update and a question.

Went for my interview at the embassy on 11/05/2015 which I got recommended for a visa waiver. Finally received the email this morning asking me to send my passport in for visa issuance. So anyone who had their interview around this time and still waiting just hold tight.

Now for a question, it's asking me to send back my passport along with 'visa application supporting documents' any idea what documents they mean?

Appreciate the help as always.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 9:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ms123 - Did you use the DX service?

That's annoying! - Have you checked the https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ website to see where your processing is at?

Also did you use the DX Group courier service - I opted for Royal Mail next day delivery and I am based in London.
Please note the post ~2401 that asked you to change your username as e mail addys are not allowed as user names, it's for your protection as there are people who just look at open forums to gather e mails addys to spam them.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bobells89

Went for my interview at the embassy on 11/05/2015 which I got recommended for a visa waiver. Finally received the email this morning asking me to send my passport in for visa issuance. So anyone who had their interview around this time and still waiting just hold tight.

Now for a question, it's asking me to send back my passport along with 'visa application supporting documents' any idea what documents they mean?

That's surprising as I got a email JUST to send my passport and nothing else for further processing. I even asked if I should send anything else but they said no. It's been 10 days since I sent my passport and no reply yet. This seems to be long ge than the normal wait. Let's see what happens. Hoping I get it soon so I can travel for the holidays. I think you should send supporting documents such as income tax, and other supplementary documents which show you will come back.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Did u use the DX courier service or royal mail?

I'll send everything I took with me on the first visit just to cover myself so there's no more delays. Do u reckon photocopies would be acceptable?

They don't like making things simple do they lol.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

I'm no expert, been biting my teeth as million others for months. However for my email yesterday and had to read a hundred times when I logged on after seeing the email.

Is there any chance you have read in excitement in error.

The wording confused me a few times

My email said 'quote'

A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in London has indicated that follow-up actions are required for the following applicant(s).

Applicant Status
MistyKnight17 Needs Follow-Up Documents

Consular Section Comments:

Please submit passport for visa issuance Please note that you have 30 days from today in which to resubmit your passport. If your passport is not received within this time your application will experience even further delays You are NOT required to submit any other additional supporting documents

Please log into your user account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/niv/account and follow the system instructions.

Not sure if I helped but you at least can see someone else's email ?!?
Old Dec 9th 2015, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I got the exact same email and out of excitement I didn't see at the bottom it says' you are NOT required to send any supporting documents' so it's just the passport, it was before I had my cup of coffee so that's my excuse. Thanks for the reply
Old Dec 9th 2015, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I got the exact same email and out of excitement I didn't see at the bottom it says' you are NOT required to send any supporting documents' so it's just the passport, it was before I had my cup of coffee so that's my excuse. Thanks for the reply

That's amazing news !! Well done and happy to hear.

No excuse needed. Not ashamed to say heart fell I mouth and cried my eyes out in happiness in the middle of a nail salon lol

As I said took me a few reads to see the words properly

How exciting!!

I dropped my passport at 09:00 today and just received the tracked and delivered receipt from US Embassy

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.