Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 10th 2015, 4:32 am
Just Joined

amenicycinema is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I had my interview on 24th March for my second waiver and haven't heard anything yet 😩 Already had to re-schedule flights from end of September (wrongly assumed 6 months would be safe) and am now getting a bit worried that it's been 8.5 months. anyone else on the same timeline? thanks!
Old Dec 10th 2015, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by amenicycinema
I had my interview on 24th March for my second waiver and haven't heard anything yet 😩 Already had to re-schedule flights from end of September (wrongly assumed 6 months would be safe) and am now getting a bit worried that it's been 8.5 months. anyone else on the same timeline? thanks!
That doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm waiting for my second visa to be granted. I went on the 19th may and still waiting. But I'm I haven't booked anything which is good. However, everyone's situation is different so we can't really go on that.

Mark.
Old Dec 10th 2015, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Nicky33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amenicycinema
Had interview jan 5th received email 23rd Nov. Second waiver too..received 2 year visa. Hope you hear something soon
Old Dec 10th 2015, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nicky33
Had interview jan 5th received email 23rd Nov. Second waiver too..received 2 year visa. Hope you hear something soon
Wow that's a long time.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 6:18 am
bzz
Just Joined

bzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I applied for an F-1 renewal on June 18 - still waiting, obviously. Point of concern - two days after I submitted my DS-160, I received an letter telling me my B1 visa (valid through to 2017, received before a waiver of ineligibility was necessary in my case) had been revoked. That didn't happen when I applied for my first F-1. Is this because I have a US drivers licence/SNN and so on? (Nothing else has changed on my application - no new cautions/convictions and so on...) The National Visa center don't think it'll impact this application, but then again, they also told me I wouldn't need to go through the waiver process for a renewal too, so I'm not inclined to take their word for it...

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 7:07 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bzz
Is this because I have a US drivers licence/SNN and so on?
No.

Ian
Old Dec 11th 2015, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

pastmistakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, I just have a quick question. I'm on an L-2 dependant visa acquired through (waiver of ineligibilty) we were hoping our L-1 employer to petition for a green card so that I don't have to come back and wait for another 8 months away from my family but they said that they're not ready yet to petition. I had asked a lawyer what I can do to avoid coming back to renew my waiver and he said that there was a way of doing that but I had to stay in the US for 3 years without travelling out, unfortunately we didn't discuss it extensively since my lawyer was going on holiday and he sadly passed away while on holiday. I feel confused and I want to ask if one can renew the "waiver of ineligibilty" while INSIDE the US, it's very hard to find a good lawyer especially if you're new to a place and have no friends nor extended family. I would like to know what is this process that he was saying that I can renew 6 months early while in the US which would have restricted me to travel for 3 years. Ian, your knowledge is eagerly being needed.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

amac320974 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview yesterday (11-12-15). Got recommend for a waiver which I understand could take up to 8 month's to process. My question is presuming I'm successful how long will my waiver last for? Is it true the first waiver you get is usually only valid for 6 months, or is there a chance I could get a 1 year or 2 year waiver?

I appreciate your thoughts.

Andy
Old Dec 12th 2015, 12:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pastmistakes
... he said that there was a way of doing that but I had to stay in the US for 3 years without travelling out...
With all due respect to your lawyer, I don't think he's right. If he was right - then a lot of people would be asking about it and doing it... and those of us who have been on this forum for many years would have certainly heard about it. That's not the case to my knowledge - and I've been following this forum and its antecedent for 18 years.

I want to ask if one can renew the "waiver of ineligibilty" while INSIDE the US...
I don't think you can. You need a waiver in order to get a visa... but a visa is nothing more than a travel document. Once you're inside the US, you have no need for a waiver. Since you can't apply for a visa while you're inside the US then, by extension, I seriously doubt you can apply for a waiver from inside the US. I just don't think there's a mechanism by which to do so.

Ian
Old Dec 12th 2015, 12:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by amac320974
My question is presuming I'm successful how long will my waiver last for?
First waivers are usually valid for 1 year... but there's really no way to know, in advance, whether your waiver will be usual. It could be valid for 6 months but that's unlikely. It won't be valid for more than 1 year.

Is it true the first waiver you get is usually only valid for 6 months, or is there a chance I could get a 1 year or 2 year waiver?
Second waivers are also usually valid for 1 year. Third waivers are usually valid for 2 years, and subsequent waivers are usually valid for 5 years. Waivers will never be valid for more than 5 years.

Ian
Old Dec 12th 2015, 1:24 am
Just Joined

TheCarMadDad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mistyknight17
I know your probably busy celebrating, but please may I ask one question. Is your CEAC status still showing 'Refused' today (as you said had email today) and would you mind letting us know when it changes to admin processing) I'm interested if that is when they receive in their hands ?! Would be most appreciated. One less thing to obsess over

Well done again.
As promised, here's an update on my CEAC...

Passport was taken to courier on Monday 7th, although it wasn't in transit to the embassy until Tuesday 8th. My CEAC stated 'refused' until Friday 11th when it changed to 'Administrative Processing'

Hope this helps
Old Dec 12th 2015, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
With all due respect to your lawyer, I don't think he's right. If he was right - then a lot of people would be asking about it and doing it... and those of us who have been on this forum for many years would have certainly heard about it. That's not the case to my knowledge - and I've been following this forum and its antecedent for 18 years.

I don't think you can. You need a waiver in order to get a visa... but a visa is nothing more than a travel document. Once you're inside the US, you have no need for a waiver. Since you can't apply for a visa while you're inside the US then, by extension, I seriously doubt you can apply for a waiver from inside the US. I just don't think there's a mechanism by which to do so.

Ian
Thank you Ian, I really hoped he was right but there's nothing as good as knowing the truth rather than living in false hope. I'm just worried since I have to fill out an EAD which I was informed that it takes 90days MAX and by the time I get a job it'll be almost time to come back again and start the process (8 months wait) and God knows how these will be impacted by the ongoing instability. Well.....now we know that what we do in a moment of insanity can cost us dearly.
Old Dec 12th 2015, 11:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by pastmistakes
I have to fill out an EAD which I was informed that it takes 90days MAX and by the time I get a job it'll be almost time to come back again and start the process (8 months wait) and God knows how these will be impacted by the ongoing instability.
Under US law, you can't be denied employment based solely on the future expiration date of your authorization.

Ian
Old Dec 12th 2015, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Mistyknight17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question for those that submitted passport to US Embassy via DX

Is the tracking number in email received from Consular only for the passport being delivered to the embassy or is that the same tracking number that will let you know when it's ready for collection back at the DX

Will they email when it's left the embassy ?!

Happy Sunday and as always, very grateful for any advice

Have a great day.
Old Dec 13th 2015, 7:52 am
Just Joined

I just found out that my I-94 form was stamped to expire in 2018. I'm on a (waiver of ineligibilty L-2)which expires in 2016, I've done some research and people are saying that you should always abide with the date on the I-94 form. My question is, does that mean I do not have to come back to the consular to renew my visa waiver and stay till 2018 when the I-94 expires.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.