Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 7th 2015, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Mistyknight17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by TheCarMadDad
Hi guys. Thought I would put in my 2p's worth. I've been a long time viewer of this thread and have held back from posting until now.

I went to the London Embassy on 19th May this year in the hope of getting a waiver, due to my previous conviction I was permanently ineligible. A bit about my conviction... In Nov 2007 I was convicted of False Accounting, as a result I spent 7 days at her majesty's pleasure, I was homeless at the time and the politics of my conviction are irrelevant for this post, I'm by no means trying to justify my conviction, however I did just want to be transparent incase anyone has similar to myself. Anyway, today I got that wonderful email telling me to send my passport for Visa Issuance. So 6 months 18 days (or 28 weeks 7 days) later I'm hopefully on the final straight. Passport has just been sent and I await it's return.

I honestly thought I didn't stand a chance of getting a waiver so I'm thrilled!

Lastly, I'm wanting to take my family in Aug 2016 (nothing booked) so I'm just hoping that the Visa is issued for a year, I'm guessing there's no way of telling until the passport is returned?

Thanks for all who contribute to this thread, without it I would've been a blummin' wreck

Congratulations, I won't deny to be green eyed, but you give us all hope and am genuinely happy for you. I was May 18 in London so although prepared until Jan 18 I pray probably like you had, to get there for Christmas. Well done you!!

I know your probably busy celebrating, but please may I ask one question. Is your CEAC status still showing 'Refused' today (as you said had email today) and would you mind letting us know when it changes to admin processing) I'm interested if that is when they receive in their hands ?! Would be most appreciated. One less thing to obsess over

Well done again.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 1:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ms123
I sent my passport in a week ago and it says administrative processing.
How else would you describe the administrative process of printing your visa and affixing it to your passport?

Any Advice?
This is completely normal.

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2015, 2:05 am
Just Joined

TheCarMadDad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mistyknight17

I know your probably busy celebrating, but please may I ask one question. Is your CEAC status still showing 'Refused' today (as you said had email today) and would you mind letting us know when it changes to admin processing) I'm interested if that is when they receive in their hands ?! Would be most appreciated. One less thing to obsess over

Well done again.
Yes it still says refused. I sent my passport today so will check it daily and let you know
Old Dec 7th 2015, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys. Thought I would put in my 2p's worth. I've been a long time viewer of this thread and have held back from posting until now. I went to the London Embassy on 19th May this year in the hope of getting a waiver, due to my previous conviction I was permanently ineligible. A bit about my conviction... In Nov 2007 I was convicted of False Accounting, as a result I spent 7 days at her majesty's pleasure, I was homeless at the time and the politics of my conviction are irrelevant for this post, I'm by no means trying to justify my conviction, however I did just want to be transparent incase anyone has similar to myself. Anyway, today I got that wonderful email telling me to send my passport for Visa Issuance. So 6 months 18 days (or 28 weeks 7 days) later I'm hopefully on the final straight. Passport has just been sent and I await it's return. I honestly thought I didn't stand a chance of getting a waiver so I'm thrilled! Lastly, I'm wanting to take my family in Aug 2016 (nothing booked) so I'm just hoping that the Visa is issued for a year, I'm guessing there's no way of telling until the passport is returned? Thanks for all who contribute to this thread, without it I would've been a blummin' wreck
Aces news and very happy for your timescale.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 5:50 am
Just Joined

1717uj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys,

I've had my student visa withdrawal, and I've applied for a visa on 21 sep. I've been recommended for a waiver.

I'm worried about the info I've typed on the ds-160 application. I wrote my home address on the place of birth gap by mistake.

The consular didn't pay attention to the place of birth as it was written on the passport that I've handed out to him.

Looking for help!

Thank you guys,
Old Dec 7th 2015, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1717uj
Hello guys, I've had my student visa withdrawal, and I've applied for a visa on 21 sep. I've been recommended for a waiver. I'm worried about the info I've typed on the ds-160 application. I wrote my home address on the place of birth gap by mistake. The consular didn't pay attention to the place of birth as it was written on the passport that I've handed out to him. Looking for help! Thank you guys,
I made a mistake on my application form - that neither me, hubby or the interviewer spotted - 3 weeks after my interview I got an email asking to confirm the correct information, which I did. Don't know if it will delay my application, but with not having a specified time frame, I will never know.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by serenawell
I made a mistake on my application form - that neither me, hubby or the interviewer spotted - 3 weeks after my interview I got an email asking to confirm the correct information, which I did. Don't know if it will delay my application, but with not having a specified time frame, I will never know.
Send another email telling them that when you checked your copy of the DS 160 you noticed the mistake and give them the correct info. They do need to know where you were born. Should not be a problem as long as you are honest with them.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 10:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newyork
Send another email telling them that when you checked your copy of the DS 160 you noticed the mistake and give them the correct info.
I disagree - and almost 18 years on this forum and its antecedent bear out what I'm about to say: you should never contact them to make a correction. If they want clarification, they will contact you and request the information. It may seem a counterintuitive course of action, but it's much safer for you.

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2015, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

I don't know if Newyork has got the wrong end of my stick !! but they emailed me asking for clarification. I (and the other 2 that checked my form) hadn't even noticed the wrong information.1717uj - I would do as the wise ian-mstm says - wait for them to ask for it.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Hi guys. Thought I would put in my 2p's worth. I've been a long time viewer of this thread and have held back from posting until now.

I went to the London Embassy on 19th May this year in the hope of getting a waiver, due to my previous conviction I was permanently ineligible. A bit about my conviction... In Nov 2007 I was convicted of False Accounting, as a result I spent 7 days at her majesty's pleasure, I was homeless at the time and the politics of my conviction are irrelevant for this post, I'm by no means trying to justify my conviction, however I did just want to be transparent incase anyone has similar to myself. Anyway, today I got that wonderful email telling me to send my passport for Visa Issuance. So 6 months 18 days (or 28 weeks 7 days) later I'm hopefully on the final straight. Passport has just been sent and I await it's return.

I honestly thought I didn't stand a chance of getting a waiver so I'm thrilled!

Lastly, I'm wanting to take my family in Aug 2016 (nothing booked) so I'm just hoping that the Visa is issued for a year, I'm guessing there's no way of telling until the passport is returned?

Thanks for all who contribute to this thread, without it I would've been a blummin' wreck
Hey, same day as me, 19th May. But my interview was for my second visa.

However I'm still waiting, but what will be will be, no plans made yet, unlike my last time. I know everyone's is different, but I wouldn't worry about how long the visa is for. Just wait until you get it back in your hands. I was so chuffed that I had my visa, when I sent it off, I didn't even think about how long it would be for? Like a lot of people on here have said, the "majority" of people get a year on their first visa, however this is not set in stone, so I would just forget about it again lol, and just wait until you get yours back.

Mark.

Last edited by ireallywannago; Dec 7th 2015 at 5:18 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

cazz0069 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if I hadn't had enough angst with my first visa waiver I have jumped in line for another one. Hehe. My first visa was for 1 year but that expires in September and we have decided we really want a white Christmas so will apply for another one. I'm in Australia but I really love this forum and Ian and some of others advise is brilliant.
Besides I really wanna stay in touch to see how Tweety goes with getting their visa.
My interview is the 23rd.
Let the waiting begin again.
btw. Merry Christmas everyone.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by serenawell
I don't know if Newyork has got the wrong end of my stick !! but they emailed me asking for clarification. I (and the other 2 that checked my form) hadn't even noticed the wrong information.1717uj - I would do as the wise ian-mstm says - wait for them to ask for it.
Yes, having just gone back over the post I realised I confused your post with 1717uj 's post , the excuse being I am in in bed with the flu and feeling pretty rotten , sorry about that. Always follow Ian the wise's recommendations. Lol
Old Dec 8th 2015, 2:51 am
Just Joined

Nicky33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all just wanted to give my time line. Interview on 5th jan 2015 where hubby was told they was giving him a 10 year visa and to expect his passport with visa back within 10 days. Had to request passport back in Feb due to having not received it. Ceac status was in ap until 16th Nov when it changed to refused. Email to request passport was received on 23rd Nov. Received passport on the 4th Dec with a 2 year waiver (his second one). Not sure why the interviewing officer said he would have a 10 year visa when he's had a waiver of inegilibility before, but glad to finally have it sorted. 47 and half weeks in total
Old Dec 8th 2015, 6:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nicky33
Not sure why the interviewing officer said he would have a 10 year visa...
Because that's what he thought you'd want to hear... and he is allowed to lie to you with impunity.

Ian
Old Dec 8th 2015, 10:54 pm
Banned

davo@davobeveridge.com is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Thank you for everyone who contributes to this forum it is a very useful tool to gauge how long your application will take.

I have great news:

Applied: 6th May 2015
Email Confirmation: 9th Dec 2015

I am heading to the embassy now to hand my passport in,

Total time 7 months and 3 Days!

Have a great Christmas all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.