Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 13th 2018, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Mollyleo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi all

finally received the email so happy. Could you help it says for first time visa applicants refer to your appointment instructions for a list of required documents. Can’t seem to find this. I have printed the authorisation certificate and have my passport is there anything else I need before I go and drop the passport off at DX

Old Sep 13th 2018, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Char7c is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,
So we had my husbands appointment march 27th, got an email 2 days ago asking for 'a detailed personal statement about the offence'. We returned it straight away with some character references etc and had confirmation of that and now we wait.
Has anyone else had similar?
Many thanks
Old Sep 28th 2018, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Fayefina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone.

just thought. I would update the feed.

My girlfriend had her interview at the London embassy on Wednesday 11th April, received email back to send passport on Tuesday 18th September. Sent passport the next day & received passport back today with 5 years until it expires. So all in together 5 months & 17 days.

So happy, we can get excited about our dream holiday now.

Just want to thank everyone for the updates, has really helped.

Thank you again.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

visa07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Anyone who appeared for the interview in last week of April and got recommended for Waiver, heard anything back yet?
Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 29th 2018, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by visa07
Hi All,
Anyone who appeared for the interview in last week of April and got recommended for Waiver, heard anything back yet?
Thanks in advance!
the people who have just heard seem to have been for their interview around the middle of April. However this is nothing to go by, they take as king as they take.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I interviewed at Belfast mid-May, my case was slightly complicated as it seemed I could fall under a term allowing me an automatic visa but in the end it was put forward for a waiver. I received an email this week saying it's been approved and to send passport, which is great news. I enquired and it's a 5 year visa (my first one), I presume I can enter as many times as I like? What happens if my passport expires or is lost, do I need to go through the whole process again or would they grant a visa again based on the same expiry date?
Old Sep 30th 2018, 2:02 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movida
Hi all,

I interviewed at Belfast mid-May, my case was slightly complicated as it seemed I could fall under a term allowing me an automatic visa but in the end it was put forward for a waiver. I received an email this week saying it's been approved and to send passport, which is great news. I enquired and it's a 5 year visa (my first one), I presume I can enter as many times as I like? What happens if my passport expires or is lost, do I need to go through the whole process again or would they grant a visa again based on the same expiry date?
The number of entries allowed is clearly marked on the visa itself. In the case of a 5 year visa, that will almost certainly be multiple entries - allowing you to seek admission as many times as you like. Remember that you can still be refused entry even with a visa, if the immigration officer decides it.

If you lose your passport, tough. You need to apply from scratch all over again for a new visa. If your passport expires before the visa does, you can continue to use the existing visa (you'd need to show both passports - the new one and the old one containing the visa) as long as it remains in date and hasn't been defaced by having the corner cut off or any other steps that may have taken place when the old passport is cancelled at the time of renewal.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 10:00 am
Just Joined

CreakyHat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by visa07
Hi All,
Thanks in advance!
Had an interview in London on 2nd May still waiting to hear.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Jay1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya I've just literally come out of the embassy and been told I need a waiver of Ineligibility.... I have already paid for the holiday.... I fly out on 22nd Feb 2019...fingers crossed
Old Oct 4th 2018, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

britexpat4456 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jay1971
Hi ya I've just literally come out of the embassy and been told I need a waiver of Ineligibility.... I have already paid for the holiday.... I fly out on 22nd Feb 2019...fingers crossed
Which embassy did you visit? Belfast is often a slightly faster than London.

Average time recently for London has been around the 5 months mark to get to the 'send passport for visa' stage and then it's usually about a 7-10 days from then before you get your passport back. Based on this... I would estimate you'd be looking at around 15th March 2019, if all goes well (you're not denied) and no follow-up information is requested.

Without sounding too negative, the odds are not in your favour and I would suggest seeing what options (begging if required) are available to move that date back a bit.

Last edited by britexpat4456; Oct 4th 2018 at 9:31 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Yeah the guy said 4-5"months , I've spoken to British Airways too, if I get it in time I'm going if I'm refused I can't go anyway, if I get it after my cut off point agreed with BA then I'll go in 2020.....
Old Oct 8th 2018, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Trueblue25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

received a caution about a year ago today for possession of a controlled substance. Thinking about applying for a us visa at some point in the new year.

my questions are as follows:

1) how much does it cost
2) how long should I wait between the the offence and applying?

would welcome any thoughts or stories from people with a similar problem to me.

TIA
Old Oct 8th 2018, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Visa costs £129...then you have to get an ACRO police certificate £45...IF you get put forward for a Waiver 6 month wait.. its down to circumstances, put as much down on your visa application form and show remorse... Apply now!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2018, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Sorry I might add the fact the offence is recent, might go against you I was put forward for a, waiver as mine was over 7 years ago, the interviewer actually said that as its over 7 years old he'd put me forward, who n I said apply mow I mean the waiver times is normally 6 months my holidays up the creek
Old Oct 10th 2018, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Only a year since is probably not long enough. If you don't have a pressing need to go to the US right now, and you aren't inclined to risk the money it costs, I'd be tempted to hang on for another year or ideally two. Especially if the drug was cannabis or a Class A (aka anything Schedule 1 in the US).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.