Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jun 16th 2023, 10:41 am
  #2131  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 2
SiteEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

How much is the relocation package?
SiteEngineer is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2023, 9:50 pm
  #2132  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 11
naiomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Totototo
Hi Guys,

any one has any feedback on the background check company called “Credence”? they’ve contacted me for my background check.

Thanks
I was contacted by Credence as well, they were conducting the background screening for qualifications, credit/criminal and qualifications.
naiomi is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2023, 3:24 am
  #2133  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 8
Xert1492 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by naiomi
I was contacted by Credence as well, they were conducting the background screening for qualifications, credit/criminal and qualifications.

I've been contacted by Credence as well. They've sent in a degree verification form and requested contract/payslips/experience letter from current job. Also have requested an HR contact from my previous job - which I don't have anymore.

Anyone else had the same experience?
Xert1492 is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2023, 3:45 am
  #2134  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 11
naiomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Xert1492
I've been contacted by Credence as well. They've sent in a degree verification form and requested contract/payslips/experience letter from current job. Also have requested an HR contact from my previous job - which I don't have anymore.

Anyone else had the same experience?
Best to call them and explain - they have been very helpful as I had the same issue. Not sure how they will go about it as it’s abroad
naiomi is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2023, 10:47 pm
  #2135  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 20
TigBhinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by tiredarchie
Hi all,

I'm a new member to the forum looking for some insights regarding NEOM. At this stage in the process I am uploading my documents in order to receive the formal offer, which has been presented "informally." The recruiter said the expectation would likely be for me to be on site around september/october.

I was wondering if anyone could share their views on two topics:

- I've noticed it's quite difficult to find a lot of information online or on social media from people working at NEOM, at least much scarcer than what I would expect for a megaproject with thousands of employees on site. This forum is one of the few places I have found. I have seen Siselarabia on Instagram (I think she has been mentioned before) but she seems to be in an HR position and obviously transmits a very rosy picture of everything happening at NEOM. Does anyone have other sources for candid accounts of what it's like at NEOM, or perhaps information about NDAs or other restrictions that would explain this lack of media?

- As a LGBT person, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could offer insights about inclusivity within the NEOM work environment. I am well aware of Saudi Arabia's position on all of this and of the relative risks of living in that country. My sexuality is a part of my identity, not its totality, and accepting a position at NEOM is the result of analyzing financial and professional gain versus a potential reduction in personal liberties during a period of my life. I think this is true of most NEOM employees, who, in general, accept generous salaries in exchange for geographical isolation. Everyone is making a sacrifice of one kind or another. I am about as discreet at they come, but it would be useful to know beforehand if discussing any aspect of that part of my personal life is inadvisable, even among expats and coworkers, or if there is a degree of permissiveness within the NEOM community.

Thank you.
Hi,

Neom is many things to different people but I wouldn’t go as far as calling it rosy, even if that’s the picture some people would like to paint. That said, there are many benefits being here in Neom and you’ll find that you have time to develop and grow in ways not possible in your home country. It also does get quite lonesome unless you’re in Neom with your partner.

As for your sexual identity, believe me, no one bothers nor cares because the communities are quite diverse in terms of nationalities, religions and background.

The only issue (and this appplies to all) is the display of public affection which you’ll find is very uncommon here. The holding of hands not so much, but then the waters haven’t been tested to see how the communities especially Saudis and other Muslims would react to same-sex couples holding hands.

All the best.


TigBhinker is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2023, 9:42 pm
  #2136  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 5
BraKiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi guys,

I've got confirmation that my work visa has been approved today so I'm planning on travelling just before Eid around the 25th or 26th.

Is anyone else joining NEOM these days and planning in staying at NC1 or NC2 during Eid?

I know everyone will be travelling, but it would be good to connect to newcomers during this period (or someone that is going to stay around).

PS: I will be departing from New Zealand
BraKiwi is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2023, 9:45 pm
  #2137  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 28
Totototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant future
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by BraKiwi
Hi guys,

I've got confirmation that my work visa has been approved today so I'm planning on travelling just before Eid around the 25th or 26th.

Is anyone else joining NEOM these days and planning in staying at NC1 or NC2 during Eid?

I know everyone will be travelling, but it would be good to connect to newcomers during this period (or someone that is going to stay around).

PS: I will be departing from New Zealand
when you will reach at first entry the immigration officer will take a picture of you
this picture will be on all your documents and to the best of my knowledge there is no possibility to change it afterwards..

try to smile

I look pretty tired on my Iqama and driving license now XD
Totototo is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2023, 9:50 pm
  #2138  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 5
BraKiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Totototo
when you will reach at first entry the immigration officer will take a picture of you
this picture will be on all your documents and to the best of my knowledge there is no possibility to change it afterwards..

try to smile

I look pretty tired on my Iqama and driving license now XD
Thanks for the tip.
Will do my best after a 30 hour trip haha
Cheers
BraKiwi is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2023, 11:10 pm
  #2139  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 2
tiredarchie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by TigBhinker
Hi,

Neom is many things to different people but I wouldn’t go as far as calling it rosy, even if that’s the picture some people would like to paint. That said, there are many benefits being here in Neom and you’ll find that you have time to develop and grow in ways not possible in your home country. It also does get quite lonesome unless you’re in Neom with your partner.

As for your sexual identity, believe me, no one bothers nor cares because the communities are quite diverse in terms of nationalities, religions and background.

The only issue (and this appplies to all) is the display of public affection which you’ll find is very uncommon here. The holding of hands not so much, but then the waters haven’t been tested to see how the communities especially Saudis and other Muslims would react to same-sex couples holding hands.

All the best.
Thank you very much for your thoughtful response to both of my points. I am continuing with the offer process, background check, etc. and continue to weigh the pros and cons of the opportunity.
tiredarchie is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2023, 9:45 am
  #2140  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 3
bigspudds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Mate
details for the insurance for family remaining behind are somewhat blurry
The insurance that is detailed as part of the package, covers spouse and kids...but only when in KSA does it function fully. Outside KSA its only emergency cover, and if you wish a comprehensive cover fo them outside KSA you will need to enroll them in BUPA plan , for which NEOM will re-imburse only 50%....my feeeling that this is a bit sketchy as my family are only remaining due to lack of accomodation and education that were highlighted as art of the family status offer....ho hum. Tis is my understanding from conversation with my barely functional on boarder, and people already in country. Your mileage may vary, any further data on this situation greatly recieved

Chairs
bigspudds is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2023, 7:50 pm
  #2141  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 3
Mdoz82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Dears,
I'm now awaiting the accommodation confirmation from the onboarding team, but it took 2 months since I signed a contract for Trojena prj.

The team feedback is they are working on solving the accommodation shortage but they are not even giving me a confirmation to resign from my current employer.
My question is whether this process is regular or not and when it's expected to solve the accommodation issues for Trojena prj? Any deadline!?
Mdoz82 is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2023, 10:59 pm
  #2142  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 3
A_Littletowers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi all

So do I but I was not recommended to travel until after Eid due to most of people will be out of office and your Iqama and rest of documents you'll need once you arrive, cannot be delivered until then.

See you soon
A_Littletowers is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2023, 11:50 pm
  #2143  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 185
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Mdoz82
Dears,
I'm now awaiting the accommodation confirmation from the onboarding team, but it took 2 months since I signed a contract for Trojena prj.

The team feedback is they are working on solving the accommodation shortage but they are not even giving me a confirmation to resign from my current employer.
My question is whether this process is regular or not and when it's expected to solve the accommodation issues for Trojena prj? Any deadline!?
Hi! Congratulations on the new role (almost)!
This is a bit unusual but isn't necessarily a bad thing. It shows that they are being considerate of your comfort and time and not having you come in early and then spend a few hours a day on a bus going back and forth between the worksite and housing. The Projects/construction group is working feverishly to build more space around most of the camps to alleviate the current housing shortage. I haven't seen any estimates on time but your hiring manager and onboarder may have. Stay in touch with them and hopefully you will be here soon.
BMH77 is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2023, 12:18 am
  #2144  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 3
Mdoz82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi! Congratulations on the new role (almost)!
This is a bit unusual but isn't necessarily a bad thing. It shows that they are being considerate of your comfort and time and not having you come in early and then spend a few hours a day on a bus going back and forth between the worksite and housing. The Projects/construction group is working feverishly to build more space around most of the camps to alleviate the current housing shortage. I haven't seen any estimates on time but your hiring manager and onboarder may have. Stay in touch with them and hopefully you will be here soon.

Thanks and appreciating your reply, but unfortunately they don't have a specific date but generally before the year end as they mentioned
Mdoz82 is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2023, 6:12 pm
  #2145  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 215
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

There is no shortage of accommodation at Trojena.
Pkingston is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.