NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jun 3rd 2024, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Pompey_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi all,

I will be flying out to NEOM at the end of June.

This thread has been really helpful to read in terms of setting expectations. I have a few questions

1. How busy do the gyms get?
2. Are there Whatsapp groups for different sports / activities. If so, is it easier to wait until I have arrived to scope these out?
3. I've stocked up on linen clothes, however does anyone have any useful tips to cope with the heat?

Thanks

Old Jun 3rd 2024, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompey_lad
Hi all,

I will be flying out to NEOM at the end of June.

This thread has been really helpful to read in terms of setting expectations. I have a few questions

1. How busy do the gyms get?
It varies on the gym. Some times are busier than others, like first thing before work and right after working hours. It really does depend on which community you are in, though.
2. Are there Whatsapp groups for different sports / activities. If so, is it easier to wait until I have arrived to scope these out? There are. Most of the are independent groups, so you will get invited once you arrive. As you meet your colleagues and neighbors, just ask. They will get you set right up. There are also Teams groups and some features on the community app to help out.
3. I've stocked up on linen clothes, however does anyone have any useful tips to cope with the heat? Hat and sun cream are key. Bring the sun cream with you if you prefer a certain brand. Amazon delivers but it can take some time. The heat can be daunting but believe it or not, you do get used to it.

Good luck and safe travels.

Thanks
Answers in red.
Old Jun 4th 2024, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sonofwilliam
Hi, I have been reading the thread. I will be working in the oxagon. What are the communities there like?

How far away is the international school from the communities ? I am not sure which I'll be in?

​​​​​​I Should be there in august. What is it like living there? What sports are available? Is transport easy to get to travel on weekends? What shops are there now?

As much info on lifestyle as possible please!

​​​​thank you!
Oxagon is a nice community for work since it is located right at the beach (nice views and dining). Oxagon cabins are usually reserved for specific people now and the rest of new employees are placed at one of the 3 accomodations outside Oxagon.

We hear these will all be vacated and people moved to SBC once accomodation units are released later this year. There will also be a new school there, but I think it starts with lower grades only. Otherwise NC1 is where the main school is, so if you're bringing children you would probably need to live there. Bear in mind it's full and enrolment is limited/not guaranteed.

Sports - at Oxagon, tennis, football, beach volleyball, swimming, gym. SBC will get its own facilities so travel will be less necessary.

Travel - there are buses to the other communities during week and weekends.

Shops - just a small mini mart.
Old Jun 6th 2024, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

i saw an email this week asking people to sign up for the new school for SBC. Places were on a 1st come basis and a list would be generated if capacity was reached
Old Jun 7th 2024, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pesto
Thanks a lot for the response HelpfulExpat, very useful! Are the families you know happy with the lifestyle for them and their kids? And do they plan on staying in Neom long term?
We've been here a few years with young children and have been happy so far.
Old Jun 9th 2024, 3:02 am
Just Joined

jtanytime is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeepSix
i saw an email this week asking people to sign up for the new school for SBC. Places were on a 1st come basis and a list would be generated if capacity was reached
Hi, I haven't seen/got the email about sign-ups for the new school in SBC. Could you please let me know how to register my child? I'm interested in learning more and getting on the list if there's space available.
Thanks!
Old Jun 13th 2024, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a minimum 1 year wait as the school is full.
Old Jun 15th 2024, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI - is there a tax that needs to be paid in UK by British Citizens for earnings in NEOM ? Appreciate any light on this.
Old Jun 15th 2024, 2:55 am
Just Joined

englishteacher04052024 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hello!
I have an opportunity to teach at Neom. Can anyone provide information?

I have a 3 month old, is there any nursery / nannies available? If so, what are the costs?

I have a golden retriever, are dogs allowed in the apartments?

Does anyone know if relocation assistance is available?

Are the apartments furnished?

Can anyone provide information about the free dining services?

How does medical assistance work / are there doctors hospitals on site / benefits include insurance?

thanks in advance!
Old Jun 15th 2024, 5:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fs05
HI - is there a tax that needs to be paid in UK by British Citizens for earnings in NEOM ? Appreciate any light on this.
Too many variables to answer that - best to get advice from a professional if you want to be sure.
Old Jun 18th 2024, 5:12 am
Just Joined

ChristineQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nigmcc
Hi All,

I am still awaiting my Iqama but plan to move out to Neom to Trojena at the end of June. I've just been told that Trojena base camp is full for now but they plan to add more cabins in the new few months to make more space, so was expecting similar facilities (pool, gym). They say for the beginning I will be in pioneer camp at the bottom of the mountain. Does anyone know what this camp is like and the facilities?

Thanks
Hello!

Do you know if you’ll be working at base camp and living at pioneer? Just to give you a heads up that the road between the two camps is absolute hell.

Pioneer camp is ok - the dining hall is good, theres an ok shop, coffee shop. The gym is fairly limited (but if you’re working at base camp just use the one there before or after work if you can). I’m not sure the pool at pioneer is open but the one at base camp isn’t either… I’d been living up there for more than a year and they never managed to get it finished. It’s almost there though (allegedly).
Old Jun 23rd 2024, 11:00 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

A story in today's BBC about the apparent scaling back of NEOM and other Saudi construction projects.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cyrr3mm8evyo
Old Yesterday, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Ilovegregggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
A story in today's BBC about the apparent scaling back of NEOM and other Saudi construction projects.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cyrr3mm8evyo
'further scaling back'..We've already noticed the struggle to get funding for projects elsewhere in the Kingdom.
Old Yesterday, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Rle77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the article …. Another interesting article giving insight in the silence around the recruitment.

Out of interest is there anyone still waiting? The HR manager that I’d been in contact with has left but I was redirected to a new one (Saudi) - since then absolutely ghosted and have no idea what to believe or is going on. 6 months now - understand it’s normal but not sure it really is!