Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jul 8th 2023, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Aecom 77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Not really. I know Bechtel offers 8 weeks on 2 weeks off and provides an allowance for travel. I think most of the other consultants ( with the exception of Aecom) offer similar deals. I left the project after only a few months and things change very quickly at Neom, so not sure what the current deals are.
Old Jul 9th 2023, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Zeeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MissieDe
Hi All,

I’m new here and I’m trying to gather information to see how realistic Neom Community will be for me arriving with my husband.

I have Celiac Disease which means that I can’t have any gluten/wheat, not even cross contamination. I also have a severe allergy to Mango and dairy as well. Is there any gluten free meals available? Are they used to making meals for people with allergies? Is there a grocery store where I can do my own cooking if need be?

I am also on life dependent medication that I cannot go without for even a day, I’m totally fine as long as I have it. Do they have a Pharmacy there? I need Synthroid 112mcg and Cytomel 5mcg for having no thyroid at all.

Also, we have a cat. Is there a Vetenary for cats or just dogs?

Sorry for all the difficult questions!

Thank you for any insight and guidance given, we really appreciate it!
Hi,
hopefully you have arrived in Neom. You mentioned that you cant have gluten/wheat and also allergic to dairy.
one of my child has similar situation . Have you found food options in Neom and the medication?
Old Jul 9th 2023, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Aschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, has anyone arrived recently to work for Oxagon project? If so, could you share some information on accommodation provided to the people hired by NEOM? I have been trying to obtain some photos from onboarding, but they only re-sent me NC2 pictures.
Old Jul 9th 2023, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

drMobas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aschia
Hi, has anyone arrived recently to work for Oxagon project? If so, could you share some information on accommodation provided to the people hired by NEOM? I have been trying to obtain some photos from onboarding, but they only re-sent me NC2 pictures.
i am on Oxagon. Just arrived. What you need to know? We are residing on Duba apartments
Old Jul 9th 2023, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Aschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I sent you PM
Old Jul 9th 2023, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

JCH99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drMobas
i am on Oxagon. Just arrived. What you need to know? We are residing on Duba apartments
I will also be joining the Oxagon team in late August and I would like to know more about the apartment accommodation in Duba. What are the room size, general layout and amenities available? How long is the commute to the office? Where do you usually dine? Thanks.
Old Jul 9th 2023, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

drMobas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JCH99
I will also be joining the Oxagon team in late August and I would like to know more about the apartment accommodation in Duba. What are the room size, general layout and amenities available? How long is the commute to the office? Where do you usually dine? Thanks.
They have studios, 1 bed and 2 bed. I was in a studio but moving now to a 2 bed. Food is available, TV with netflix, wifi, and not much more. You can do the rest @ Oxagon. Commute is around 30 minutes or so. You have cars leaving in the morning and evening. I had one dinner so far at Duba, nice one, and an amazing lunch @ Oxagon
Old Jul 10th 2023, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

JCH99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drMobas
They have studios, 1 bed and 2 bed. I was in a studio but moving now to a 2 bed. Food is available, TV with netflix, wifi, and not much more. You can do the rest @ Oxagon. Commute is around 30 minutes or so. You have cars leaving in the morning and evening. I had one dinner so far at Duba, nice one, and an amazing lunch @ Oxagon
Good to know. Thanks. I am looking forward to heading over next month. Hope they still have spare apartments there then.
Old Jul 15th 2023, 5:55 am
Just Joined

A_Littletowers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone

I read in the weekly oboarding session the first payslip is the only one that can be transferred to an international account.

Anybody knows if you can receive it on your Revolut account in SAR currency and then make the exchange into others (GBP, EUR, AUD) when you deem appropriate? Does revolut work good when transferring funds from saudi accounts? Did you have any bad experience with it?

And, any advice about how to make the currency exchange? I mean, appart of when you need it either rates are OK.

Now that it is increasing I think it is important for the expats enrolled and it would be very interesting to read your opinion/advices.

Thank you!
Old Jul 15th 2023, 6:04 am
Just Joined

panaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by A_Littletowers
Hello everyone

I read in the weekly oboarding session the first payslip is the only one that can be transferred to an international account.

Anybody knows if you can receive it on your Revolut account in SAR currency and then make the exchange into others (GBP, EUR, AUD) when you deem appropriate? Does revolut work good when transferring funds from saudi accounts? Did you have any bad experience with it?

And, any advice about how to make the currency exchange? I mean, appart of when you need it either rates are OK.

Now that it is increasing I think it is important for the expats enrolled and it would be very interesting to read your opinion/advices.

Thank you!
It could bounce back. I have account with SAB bank where I can’t transfer money to Revolut. My other account with Alinma doesn’t have issues. It depends which bank they use.
Old Jul 15th 2023, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

You can have your first two pay packets sent internationally before you have to get a local account.

As for sending home, the best blend of cheapest and easiest that I have found is to transfer from SAB Premier to Revolut in USD. Premier doesn’t charge a fee for international transfer, but intermediary banks might. To get around the latter, there’s an option called something like ‘transfer full value to beneficiary’ which there’s a fee of about 50 SAR I seem to remember, but it means that if you send $1000, that’s what you’ll receive and it will only have cost you about £12 or so. You then exchange in Revolut from USD to GBP for no fee (if you have revolut premium).

I’ve had no problems sending from SAB to Revolut (The details for Revolut were already in SAB’s system when I set up the transfer). The only odd thing is that the BIC that you’ll see on SAB won’t match the one on your Revolut app, but this is apparently because SAB show the routing bank’s BIC. The first transfer i did took about 3 days, but since then they’ve gone through in a matter of hours if sent on a weekday.

I’ve heard of other ways to make it cheaper, but they’ve either not worked for me or seem hugely complicated.

I tried the free transfer from SAB to a linked HSBC account too, and while the transfer was free, HSBC Global Money automatically transfer the USD into GBP at a worse exchange rate than Revolut, meaning that you end up with less via HSBC even taking into account the 50 SAR fee.
Old Jul 16th 2023, 3:48 am
Just Joined

Ottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone from Canada have any advice on what the best method is to transfer money back home from KSA?

Also, if anyone has transferred the first 2 payments back to Canada, were there any questions from your bank?

Thanks!
Old Jul 16th 2023, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Asileo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, wondering if kids must learn arabic language in international school?
Old Jul 16th 2023, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Macster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, any idea how busy is the direct flight from london heathrow to Neom?
Old Jul 16th 2023, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure, but my ticket for 6th August was booked today, in case this information can be helpful for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.