Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old May 2nd 2024, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by hannibulk
Hi,

I received a verbal offer in January and got caught up in the hiring freeze. However, I am pleased to share that I received my offer on Sunday and the onboarding process/background screening process has already begun. So, looks like the freeze is over but I assume many teams are aligning post-budget so it may take time.

Cheers
Thats progress !

So your status on the portal is "under offer" or "in offer" ?
Old May 3rd 2024, 2:08 am
Just Joined

Bill.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I received a verbal offer in January and got caught up in the hiring freeze. However, I am pleased to share that I received my offer on Sunday and the onboarding process/background screening process has already begun. So, looks like the freeze is over but I assume many teams are aligning post-budget so it may take time.

Cheers
Congrats!
Do they include the relocation allowance the offer letter? Is the amount included or just "as per policy"?
Thanks
Old May 3rd 2024, 10:53 am
Just Joined

julian_in_dubai is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UK_AUS_MBW
Hello Team Neom

I am in an advanced stage of conversations with NEOM on a role and looking at all the various dynamics of the project, way of working, team, compensation, accommodations, etc etc.

This chat is really helpful, so thank you to all the contributors as many of my questions and thoughts have been addressed by all the great content in here.

CABIN TYPES at NEOM

I can see that there is a lot of discussion around types of accommodation and the variations between NC1 and NC2, and then B-Type Cabin, versus C-Type Cabin. Not much mention of an A-Type Cabin, but one assumes there is an A-Type.

I've found it challenging trying to find out more about the types, configurations and all that sort of thing. It would be really helpful if any of the contributors had some photos of the different types and what it all means.

I get the sense that NC1 is closer to the office hub than NC2. And, that B-Type is better than C-Type. I think C-Type may be a studio, and B-Type is a One-Bedroom. I assume, an A-Type might be the 2-Bedroom cabins.

Also, I have a close relative also going through final stages of hiring / onboarding, would it be logical for us to suggest we take a 2-Bedroom and free up demand for us each having a cabin. Probably more pleasant as well.

Any thoughts of ideas are really welcome. Thank you all in advance.
HI there,

NC2 has A, B and C cabins. A cabins are available to director level employees and those with families. They are generally one bedroom with a combined kitchen loungeroom and then separate bathroom (not an ensuite). B Cabin is a C cabin (both studios) with some carpet and a few other minor improvements. Even if you are at director level or with a family, if there are no A cabins available you will be put into a B or C. I genuinely think the differential B and C was back in the day whereby C Cabins were designed for dual occupancy and have bed side lights on either side. I am a director and did almost a year in a c cabin at NC2, then a few months an A before being moved over to NC1. I actually liked NC2 its a good community, the travel between the two can be a bit of a ball ache but if you get used to the timings you can make it work. One way to become unpopular at NEOM from a professional perspective is to complain about accommodation (for stuff that everyone experiences).

Thbere is zero chance you and a relative would be issued a two bedroom unit whilst there are families waiting. Remember some people have three kids and a couple in an A cabin waiting. Also prepare yourself to be at NC1 for at least six months it helps with expectation management. Also most projects now have their own accommodation camps and so trojena accomodation is here and oxagon is at oxagon and so on. The line will probably be next and many people work at NC2 and LAB/PAB buildings so never actually move to NC1.
Old May 5th 2024, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Alex90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Please, do you have any updates regarding the hiring process? I have been waiting for the job offer since January 2024.

Thank you
Old May 5th 2024, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

CloudySkies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, this is such an informative thread, so thanks everyone for the valuable insights.

I received a verbal offer mid April, followed by a request to submit documents which I promptly did and the status of the application is now under offer.

A day later I received an email from Credence to upload the documents for a background screening.

My questions are:
1. Does the written offer only come after the background check is completed or before?
2. For those who were working in UAE before, was the police clearance only from UAE or did you need to submit one from your home country as well?

Thank you.

Last edited by CloudySkies; May 5th 2024 at 10:27 pm.
Old May 5th 2024, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

nen9889 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex90
Please, do you have any updates regarding the hiring process? I have been waiting for the job offer since January 2024.

Thank you
This is a similar timescale and scenario to us.

We have followed up a few times with the HR contact and also the hiring Director that interviewed and extended time deadlines to hear further were given each time. The last correspondence was just over 2 weeks ago when HR said we would hear 1st week May. Trying to be positive and that this week is the first full week of May but being very realistic that a lot of people have been waiting for a long time and that the dates can come and go. On a plus side we haven’t been ghosted and will just have to wait and see if anything transpires but not sure how many more times we can follow up.

Have you contacted Neom since January or heard anything at all?
Old May 5th 2024, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Alex90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nen9889
This is a similar timescale and scenario to us.

We have followed up a few times with the HR contact and also the hiring Director that interviewed and extended time deadlines to hear further were given each time. The last correspondence was just over 2 weeks ago when HR said we would hear 1st week May. Trying to be positive and that this week is the first full week of May but being very realistic that a lot of people have been waiting for a long time and that the dates can come and go. On a plus side we haven’t been ghosted and will just have to wait and see if anything transpires but not sure how many more times we can follow up.

Have you contacted Neom since January or heard anything at all?

Yes, I got the same thing (1st week of May).

Hopefully, we will hear good news soon ..
Old May 6th 2024, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Innovator is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex90
Yes, I got the same thing (1st week of May).

Hopefully, we will hear good news soon ..
last Thursday I was told process will start after 1 week hopefully
Old May 6th 2024, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pesto
Hi Everyone, I've been reading on the forum as I am in the process of getting an offer from NEOM. This has been a great resource. I was wondering if anyone with kids/family in NC1 could comment on the school at NEOM (curricula? language spoken? level? facilities? etc). And also on how life is for kids and family there. Any details or views would be greatly appreciated! I know that it would take probably at least 12 months for the family to move in after I move there, but this would be an important factor in our decision. I could not even find a (working) website for the school in NEOM, which I found strange. Thanks a lot in advance!!
No kids personally but know plenty of colleagues that do. The school teach using the IB program, language is English but understand some classes are offered in Arabic. I think it goes up to grade 11 now, and there is also an nursery/early years school, not sure what age it caters for.

Generally hear positive things about the school, kids seem to enjoy and parents are mostly supportive. Obviously not the highest quality of education but suitable, and Neom is a perfect environment for life experience over purely academic. I expect there are a lot of people banking on a larger school be provided otherwise the talent pool is going to become increasingly narrowed (both domestic and expats).

Don't think the school needs a website since its internal and doesnt need to promote itself. You can probably find videos of the school on YouTube and tiktok.
Old May 7th 2024, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Pesto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
No kids personally but know plenty of colleagues that do. The school teach using the IB program, language is English but understand some classes are offered in Arabic. I think it goes up to grade 11 now, and there is also an nursery/early years school, not sure what age it caters for.

Generally hear positive things about the school, kids seem to enjoy and parents are mostly supportive. Obviously not the highest quality of education but suitable, and Neom is a perfect environment for life experience over purely academic. I expect there are a lot of people banking on a larger school be provided otherwise the talent pool is going to become increasingly narrowed (both domestic and expats).

Don't think the school needs a website since its internal and doesnt need to promote itself. You can probably find videos of the school on YouTube and tiktok.
Thanks a lot for the response HelpfulExpat, very useful! Are the families you know happy with the lifestyle for them and their kids? And do they plan on staying in Neom long term?
Old May 7th 2024, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Pompey_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bill.0
Congrats!
Do they include the relocation allowance the offer letter? Is the amount included or just "as per policy"?
Thanks
The amount was included in my offer letter
Old May 8th 2024, 2:00 am
Just Joined

ayazkhan86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Can someone assist me in having contact details for NEOM community school, tried to find online but unfortunately couldn't,
Appreciated in advance,
Old May 8th 2024, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ayazkhan86
Hi everyone,
Can someone assist me in having contact details for NEOM community school, tried to find online but unfortunately couldn't,
Appreciated in advance,
Hi A,
Not sure what the public contact info is, if you're onboarding, ask your onboarder to message on your behalf. If you are already in camp, go through your HR business partner.
They school recently mentioned through the regular HR call that they are swamped right now as they sort the next incoming class of new children in NC1.

I know it doesn't answer your question, but hopefully gives some direction.
Old May 8th 2024, 2:08 am
Just Joined

zj215 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Cheers
Congratulations, you give us hope. I got my offer in Feb - then the wait for the contract....
what's it like at this stage, are they pressuring you now to get there yesterday or allowing you go serve notice at current employer (if you are in this situation etc).
Old May 8th 2024, 2:12 am
Just Joined

zj215 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by julian_in_dubai
HI there,

NC2 has A, B and C cabins. A cabins are available to director level employees and those with families. They are generally one bedroom with a combined kitchen loungeroom and then separate bathroom (not an ensuite). B Cabin is a C cabin (both studios) with some carpet and a few other minor improvements. Even if you are at director level or with a family, if there are no A cabins available you will be put into a B or C. I genuinely think the differential B and C was back in the day whereby C Cabins were designed for dual occupancy and have bed side lights on either side. I am a director and did almost a year in a c cabin at NC2, then a few months an A before being moved over to NC1. I actually liked NC2 its a good community, the travel between the two can be a bit of a ball ache but if you get used to the timings you can make it work. One way to become unpopular at NEOM from a professional perspective is to complain about accommodation (for stuff that everyone experiences).

Thbere is zero chance you and a relative would be issued a two bedroom unit whilst there are families waiting. Remember some people have three kids and a couple in an A cabin waiting. Also prepare yourself to be at NC1 for at least six months it helps with expectation management. Also most projects now have their own accommodation camps and so trojena accomodation is here and oxagon is at oxagon and so on. The line will probably be next and many people work at NC2 and LAB/PAB buildings so never actually move to NC1.
How are people shuttling between office and accommodation is it much of a drive, or shuttle buses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.