Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Dec 11th 2022, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Azik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

My status changed from “under offer” to “in offer” 3 days ago, and I have not received an offer yet.
How long did it take for those of you who received an offer recently to receive the offer?
Old Dec 11th 2022, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Zenith1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Azik
My status changed from “under offer” to “in offer” 3 days ago, and I have not received an offer yet.
How long did it take for those of you who received an offer recently to receive the offer?
Three days ago means you got caught in the weekend.. it'll probably come through today (maximum tmrw)
Old Dec 11th 2022, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

AMarie01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luca_
Hi All!

I just obtained my visa and I should fly out to Neom before the end of the year. I was told I will initially stay at NC2.

Does anyone know if it’s allowed to have non-related guests (i.e. girlfriend) in NC2 and what are the rules (for example, is there any specific formality to register the guest, or a maximum number of nights allowed?)

Many thanks for sharing all these useful info
According to the NEOM Community Guidelines, you can only have married spouse, first-degree family members, and non-related same gender guests as visitors in your cabin.
Old Dec 11th 2022, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AMarie01
According to the NEOM Community Guidelines, you can only have married spouse, first-degree family members, and non-related same gender guests as visitors in your cabin.

This is not true.

If you have someone you want to come and visit, you fill in an access request form and send through to the Access/Security team.
Old Dec 11th 2022, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Azik
you should get it today or tomorrow! keep us updated when you get it. Mine is still "under offer"
Old Dec 12th 2022, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pkingston
This is not true.

If you have someone you want to come and visit, you fill in an access request form and send through to the Access/Security team.
No, it's correct. The guidelines define personal visitors as first degree relatives.
Old Dec 12th 2022, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
No, it's correct. The guidelines define personal visitors as first degree relatives.
Im not disputing what the 'guidelines' say..

I am talking about what happens in reality.
Old Dec 12th 2022, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Useraus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently been contact by a recruiter about some opportunities at NEOM. I’ve scrolled through this thread and I can conclude that onboarding and accommodation is an slow and can take quite a while. I have a few questions before mentally committing to the process I’m hoping this group can help answer;

- I’m wondering, ball park, how long does it take from first contact to actually relocating to NEOM?
- I have a family (wife and 2 young kids), what is the wait time on accommodation? Am I likely going to have to move to NEOM by myself initially?
- my kids are young, 6 and 4 and would be going into grade 1 and kindergarten next year. Would they be able to go straight into school?
- are there employment opportunities for women at NEOM or the camps? My wife is an experienced Physiotherapist.
- What are the working days/hours generally? I would be in Finance.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 12th 2022, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Faridafaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Useraus
Hi everyone,

I’ve recently been contact by a recruiter about some opportunities at NEOM. I’ve scrolled through this thread and I can conclude that onboarding and accommodation is an slow and can take quite a while. I have a few questions before mentally committing to the process I’m hoping this group can help answer;

- I’m wondering, ball park, how long does it take from first contact to actually relocating to NEOM?
- I have a family (wife and 2 young kids), what is the wait time on accommodation? Am I likely going to have to move to NEOM by myself initially?
- my kids are young, 6 and 4 and would be going into grade 1 and kindergarten next year. Would they be able to go straight into school?
- are there employment opportunities for women at NEOM or the camps? My wife is an experienced Physiotherapist.

Thanks in advance.

> About 6 to 8 months from the interview

- I have a family (wife and 2 young kids), what is the wait time for accommodation? Am I likely going to have to move to NEOM by myself initially?
> Some people say that the waiting time to move to NC1 in a 2 bedrooms cabin is about 9 months to 12 months. Others say it is only 5 to 6 months

> Once you accept the offer the boarding team will contact you as well as the school, so you can ask them

> There is a work program for wifes to work in NEOM. No further information I know about it

> They work 5 days a week from Sunday to Thursday (Fridays and Saturdays off). Some people say they work 10 hours other say 8 hours I think it depends

Please guys if any one can help it would be great
Old Dec 12th 2022, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

AAABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Neom's school enrollment without Iqama
==============================
Can a child attend Neom's school without Iqama issued for him/her? I have my child already enrolled in Neom's school at the same tentative date I am starting to work for Neom. On that date, neither myself nor my child would have Iqama. I can bring her with me on a visit visa but is that good enough for her to start school while we are processing our Iqamas? I am conscious that there are other implications for having her there without Iqama (such as health insurance coverage), but I just want to know if Neom's school does not mandate Iqama for a student to start attending school.

I also understand that this is a question to Neom's school (which I already asked and awaiting an answer to), but I am hoping that someone who was in a similar boat can help.
Old Dec 12th 2022, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

AAABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat
Neom's school enrollment without Iqama
==============================
Can a child attend Neom's school without Iqama issued for him/her? I have my child already enrolled in Neom's school at the same tentative date I am starting to work for Neom. On that date, neither myself nor my child would have Iqama. I can bring her with me on a visit visa but is that good enough for her to start school while we are processing our Iqamas? I am conscious that there are other implications for having her there without Iqama (such as health insurance coverage), but I just want to know if Neom's school does not mandate Iqama for a student to start attending school.

I also understand that this is a question to Neom's school (which I already asked and awaiting an answer to), but I am hoping that someone who was in a similar boat can help.
Just for others' future reference. I got a response now from Neom's school and they said she can attend with a visit visa until we sort out our Iqamas.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Teeizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, currently exploring role with Neom for a manager position. I don’t have a University Degree only completing college in the UK. Will I have any issues obtaining a VISA? Currently work in the UAE and didn’t have any issue obtaining a VISA for a director position with my attested college certificate.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Teeizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
If this looks like it may present a challenge, talk to your recruiter or onboarder. Just because Cultural Affairs doesn't accept the degree doesn't mean that you will be excluded from the position, so don't immediately write things off. It just means you may have to have a few more discussions and probable some more paperwork.

Good luck
hi Dropbox, just wanted to see how you got along with the online degree. Were you able to work around it?

Old Dec 14th 2022, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello quick question.

My status has been "under offer" since 30th of November and the date changed twice. Once it was changed to 6th of December and now it was changed to 15th of December. Does this mean anything, or has anyone experienced this before?
Old Dec 14th 2022, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Antony92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnnieM19
Hey! I’ve had a few issues with A1 too however I can assure you it is totally worth it! I’m not there yet due to visa delays but my husband has been there for 6 months and I have been out to visit and it is honestly incredible.

go in with a very very open mind, at the moment they have ran out of accommodation in camps so all new starts are being placed in a hotel in Duba but they are working on this and will get accommodation soon.

I’ve started working remotely from the UK as the team
needed me to progress a project. The on boarding team I have been told is working on making their process better but they aren’t the best at keeping in contact which I know can be worrying. We went through all the anxieties when my husband first moved but once he got there it definitely eased the nerves and now I’m just sitting back and waiting for the visa.
Hi - did this get sorted or are you still having issues getting any form of update from A1? I am having problems getting any consistent updates from them after apparently having my degree attested over 2 weeks ago. I sent them my passport etc as requested, but since then I have heard nothing

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.