Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Dec 15th 2022, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

"Hello quick question.

My status has been "under offer" since 30th of November and the date changed twice. Once it was changed to 6th of December and now it was changed to 15th of December. Does this mean anything, or has anyone experienced this before?

Sorry. I haven't heard of this one. Have you spoken to your recruiter or line manager?
They might be able to help...
Good luck.
Old Dec 15th 2022, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Zenith1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
Hello quick question.

My status has been "under offer" since 30th of November and the date changed twice. Once it was changed to 6th of December and now it was changed to 15th of December. Does this mean anything, or has anyone experienced this before?
Just give it another week. You'll get the offer don't worry. By this stage it's just waiting Mr Amin's (hr director) signature..if it's a senior role then it will require a couple more but you'll get it I'm very sure.
Old Dec 17th 2022, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Noemcity is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving in September. My son is 15 any teenager meet up/groups? I ll crate a whatsapp group. Any existing WhatsApp group to start friendship?
Old Dec 17th 2022, 3:18 am
Just Joined

AMarie01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All -

Anyone know about getting IKEA shipped to camp? Will IKEA ship directly? Or has anyone tried to ship to possibly Tabuk and have it forwarded on to camp?
Old Dec 20th 2022, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Paul388 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, new here and same situation as many, approached by headhunter a couple of months ago, looking to move as a family (wife and two kids)

I’ve been told that housing is a huge issue so id need to work at neom first on my own in what sounds like studio/hotel room type lodging before the rest of my family can join several months after. Just wanted to get an idea if this is pretty standard for everyone that’s joined.

I also ask this because it will be a real stretch for my wife to solo parent two kids on her own as she works far from where we live and both kids are early school age, so we’d prefer to go together but it doesn’t seem like that’s an option
Old Dec 20th 2022, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul388
Hi all, new here and same situation as many, approached by headhunter a couple of months ago, looking to move as a family (wife and two kids)

I’ve been told that housing is a huge issue so id need to work at neom first on my own in what sounds like studio/hotel room type lodging before the rest of my family can join several months after. Just wanted to get an idea if this is pretty standard for everyone that’s joined.

I also ask this because it will be a real stretch for my wife to solo parent two kids on her own as she works far from where we live and both kids are early school age, so we’d prefer to go together but it doesn’t seem like that’s an option
it seems pretty standard for bringing family. I also have two kids and they told me I would come to Neom get my Iqama and then once I get my Iqama I can apply for my family to come which will take 3-6 month. But one way of doing it is bringing them in a tourist visa but they just won’t have the benefits like insurance and free flights
Old Dec 21st 2022, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Jacobv84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, exact same situation here. We have accepted "the unknown" as a family (wife and two school going kids) and are also aware of the fact there is a long waiting list for family accomodation. I will be moving to NEOM end of January, just waiting for the last steps in the visa process and the family is coming over one month later. Our kids have been accepted / enrolled in school though (which is a pre-requisite to qualify for a one-bedroom unit in NC1 as far as I have been informed) and will be starting beginning of March. I did not hear of a 3-6 month period before the family could come over.
Old Dec 21st 2022, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Faridafaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Good people,

I need help/advice please please.

I have received my Visa 2 weeks ago and I should go to NEOM in early Feb. My direct manager told me that the boarding team will book me a ticket and one of the boarding team told me that they will book me a ticket (that was 2 weeks ago) but they never did... I emailed them 3 reminders but still no response. What should I do ? are they usually booking the ticket a few days prior to the departure? or a few weeks?
Old Dec 21st 2022, 10:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Faridafaris
Hello Good people,

I have received my Visa 2 weeks ago and I should go to NEOM in early Feb. My direct manager told me that the boarding team will book me a ticket and one of the boarding team told me that they will book me a ticket (that was 2 weeks ago) but they never did... I emailed them 3 reminders but still no response. What should I do ? are they usually booking the ticket a few days prior to the departure? or a few weeks?
If you search the thread you’ll find posts from people who’ve had 36 hours notice of their flight, and even somebody that was still waiting for confirmation the day they were supposed to be flying out. In short, a few weeks might be optimistic!
Old Dec 21st 2022, 11:42 am
Just Joined

OMG, that is not good at all. well, I don't understand why there are always some issues with correspondence, accommodation, and school!!!! I thought everything will be smooth and easy
Old Dec 21st 2022, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Good people,

I fly out in the first week of January, my visa was issued on 10/11/22, they sent me flight options on 13/11/22 but flight wasn’t booked until 28/11/22.

I’ve also a night stop over in Jeddah as I’m flying from Manchester. I only received the hotel booking on 19/12/22.

If they’ve sent you the options for your flight and you’ve given them the preferred dates then it will all be in hand and you’ll just get your electronic tickets sent directly from Saudia.

Last edited by JDM5AM; Dec 21st 2022 at 7:01 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2022, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JDM5AM
I fly out in the first week of January, my visa was issued on 10/11/22, they sent me flight options on 13/11/22 but flight wasn’t booked until 28/11/22.

I’ve also a night stop over in Jeddah as I’m flying from Manchester. I only received the hotel booking on 19/12/22.

If they’ve sent you the options for your flight and you’ve given them the preferred dates then it will all be in hand and you’ll just get your electronic tickets sent directly from Saudia.

Thank you very much for the information.

Will you go from Jeddah to NEOM Airport, or from Jeddah to Tabuk, then car to NEOM?
Also, for the night stop over, did they book you a hotel there or you mean a hotel in Tabuk?

they informed me today that they booked the flight ticket but they did not send anything yet.

thank you again
Old Dec 21st 2022, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for the information.

Will you go from Jeddah to NEOM Airport, or from Jeddah to Tabuk, then car to NEOM?
Also, for the night stop over, did they book you a hotel there or you mean a hotel in Tabuk?

they informed me today that they booked the flight ticket but they did not send anything yet.

thank you again
I’ve PM’d you.

Old Dec 22nd 2022, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AMarie01
Hello All -

Anyone know about getting IKEA shipped to camp? Will IKEA ship directly? Or has anyone tried to ship to possibly Tabuk and have it forwarded on to camp?
I don't know anyone who had any IKEA shipped in, but that doesn't mean you can't. The mailroom people are pretty good and quite helpful.
Old Dec 22nd 2022, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

OMG, that is not good at all. well, I don't understand why there are always some issues with correspondence, accommodation, and school!!!! I thought everything will be smooth and easy
Unfortunately that seems to be par for the course for everyone coming here. Don't feel singled out. Just to manage your expectations, working with Government Affairs is still a challenge even when you're here. Most of the other services get much better.
As for travel, my experience was that I was asked when I wanted to go and they got me sorted on the time frame I requested.. If I were you, I'd ask for some specific times around when you want to go and how you want to be routed. It doesn't mean you'll get it but they generally give a good faith effort Hang in there, your journey is almost over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.