Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Dec 8th 2022, 3:21 am
Just Joined

Zenith1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

The start date is picked once you start the onboarding process. And sure.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zenith1
The start date is picked once you start the onboarding process. And sure.
Oh okay great. I appreciate it. I sent you a message.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 3:41 am
Just Joined

I can't reply to DM's until I make three posts aha - so hopefully can reply after this.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 6:32 am
Just Joined

xandy is an unknown quantity at this point

How long does it takes to get the status updated in profile from "submit requested documents" to "under offer" ? I have been waiting for 4+ weeks
Old Dec 9th 2022, 4:05 am
Just Joined

luca_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All!

I just obtained my visa and I should fly out to Neom before the end of the year. I was told I will initially stay at NC2.

Does anyone know if it’s allowed to have non-related guests (i.e. girlfriend) in NC2 and what are the rules (for example, is there any specific formality to register the guest, or a maximum number of nights allowed?)

Many thanks for sharing all these useful info
Old Dec 9th 2022, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by xandy
How long does it takes to get the status updated in profile from "submit requested documents" to "under offer" ? I have been waiting for 4+ weeks
Shouldn't take that long unless you've not received a verbal offer (confirmation they will make you an offer) - maybe reach out to your HR contact.
Old Dec 9th 2022, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Shouldn't take that long unless you've not received a verbal offer (confirmation they will make you an offer) - maybe reach out to your HR contact.
I just received a confirmation email from HR that "congratulations for being selected" and apply via link to start your hiring process.
what you refer as verbal offer? initial email from HR?

Last edited by xandy; Dec 9th 2022 at 7:30 am.
Old Dec 9th 2022, 7:36 am
Just Joined

It seems the recruitment process differs depending on seniority/role/department. I had a recruiter reach out following which I did two interviews and then the recruiter emailing me saying they'd wish to make me an offer following which I went to the please provide supporting documents stage..
however it's still a good sign if they say you've been selected. If you've got someone who you interviewed with or someone who you communicated with do reach out to them.
Old Dec 9th 2022, 9:05 am
Just Joined

It seems the recruitment process differs depending on seniority/role/department. I had a recruiter reach out following which I did two interviews and then the recruiter emailing me saying they'd wish to make me an offer following which I went to the please provide supporting documents stage..
however it's still a good sign if they say you've been selected. If you've got someone who you interviewed with or someone who you communicated with do reach out to them.
I have been directly approached via Neom HR and went through 2 interviews stage (5-weeks apart) and after 6-weeks from the 2nd interview got congratulations email from Neom/HR and where HR asked me to apply via link provided and same day I received another email with link attached to my profile to submit requested documents.
my profile still shows "submit requested documents". though documents were uploaded/received 8/11/22.. I got in touch with same HR (24/11/22) and they informed me that we are waiting some internal approvals before proceeding with my offer.... It has been almost 3+ weeks now and I am waiting for an offer from HR.
Old Dec 9th 2022, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by xandy
I have been directly approached via Neom HR and went through 2 interviews stage (5-weeks apart) and after 6-weeks from the 2nd interview got congratulations email from Neom/HR and where HR asked me to apply via link provided and same day I received another email with link attached to my profile to submit requested documents.
my profile still shows "submit requested documents". though documents were uploaded/received 8/11/22.. I got in touch with same HR (24/11/22) and they informed me that we are waiting some internal approvals before proceeding with my offer.... It has been almost 3+ weeks now and I am waiting for an offer from HR.
It looks like then you're all set and they just waiting for internal approvals. It could be that there are multiple people (like mine) who need to approve..but once it goes to under offer it's very quick to go to in-offer, I'm sure you'll hear back soon. There's no harm in reaching out anyway...since it has been two weeks since you reached out to hr. They want to get offers out pre Xmas I know that as a fact.
Old Dec 9th 2022, 9:56 am
Just Joined

dreamerr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luca_
Hi All!

I just obtained my visa and I should fly out to Neom before the end of the year. I was told I will initially stay at NC2.

Does anyone know if it’s allowed to have non-related guests (i.e. girlfriend) in NC2 and what are the rules (for example, is there any specific formality to register the guest, or a maximum number of nights allowed?)

Many thanks for sharing all these useful info
Hi! I'm suppposed to join Neom with my fiancé with a turistic visa. I have asked to my onboarder and she told me that there was no problem. She didn't tell me about Minimum number of nights. I think visitors have to be authorized but you have just to inform them.

Old Dec 10th 2022, 4:36 am
Just Joined

KSAscot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am anticipating a verbal offer shortly but haven't been able to ascertain schooling options. I would hope to bring family (children are 16 and 14). If children were of community school age it would be straight forward and I assume I would be allocated 2 BR accommodation at NEOM, but as there is no school for their age group, I am confused what would we would be offered/would be entitled to. Options I can see are:
  • Family remain at home (UK) and use education allowance.
  • Family join me in NEOM and do online learning
  • Family live in Jeddah/Riyadh to enable access to suitable schools, and I weekly commute. If we choose this option are we liable for accommodation costs or would NEOM give an accommodation allowance as there are no suitable schools at NEOM?
Grateful for the thoughts of others in a similar situation
Old Dec 10th 2022, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Cjxl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KSAscot
Hi
I am anticipating a verbal offer shortly but haven't been able to ascertain schooling options. I would hope to bring family (children are 16 and 14). If children were of community school age it would be straight forward and I assume I would be allocated 2 BR accommodation at NEOM, but as there is no school for their age group, I am confused what would we would be offered/would be entitled to. Options I can see are:
  • Family live in Jeddah/Riyadh to enable access to suitable schools, and I weekly commute. If we choose this option are we liable for accommodation costs or would NEOM give an accommodation allowance as there are no suitable schools at NEOM?
I believe I am in the same situation but been told some delays exist due to accommodation issues which has delayed the offers from coming through.
I would be happy to learn if there's a change anytime soon before the end of the year.
Old Dec 10th 2022, 4:56 am
Just Joined

desertsands is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KSAscot
Hi
Regarding accommodation, you will be lucky to get a 1-bedder. There is a long long queue for 2-bed family units with people waiting since March this year. Be wary of any promises from anyone. The new family
units will only be ready by 4th quarter 2023 at the earliest. Any that become available earlier due to people leaving will go to those that have been waiting the longest. This is info I recently got straight from the housing department. So if I were you I would plan on leaving the family somewhere else.
PS - NEOM will not pay any additional housing.
Old Dec 11th 2022, 6:30 am
Just Joined

TownPlanner is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great thank you ☺️ I know nobody so very scary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.