Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jan 17th 2023, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi - I am set to head to NEOM next week, Sunday and was wondering if recent joiners can guide me on any details of pickup from airport and drop off to camp? I have not had any luck getting this information from Onboarding, after requesting a few times. I have already received my flight ticket but there was radio silence after that. I will be at Oxagon, and I have been informed my unit number has been assigned to me already.

Also, can any new Oxagon residents let me know what the unit already includes, so I can pack and bring necessary items (other than clothing) along with me. I've asked Onboarding for a checklist, but again - nothing.

On the first day / week at work - is there an agenda that's given on who to meet, what to do, where to get IT materials from, etc. etc. etc. How does one know where to go as again, I would expect Onboarding to provide all this but the lack of communication is quite worrying and concerning.

Thank you
Old Jan 17th 2023, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Scroll up a bit for Cluck's post on what to expect on arrival. There's been some Oxagon discourse on the accommodation thread in the last couple of days too. If you arrive at NEOM Bay there's a bus, if it's Tabuk I'd imagine they'll arrange a car.,
Old Jan 18th 2023, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Will there be place to buy wall plug adaptors or should we get those from home country before arriving?
Old Jan 18th 2023, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
Will there be place to buy wall plug adaptors or should we get those from home country before arriving?
Get them before you leave unless you’re from the U.K. in which case you don’t need an adapter.
Old Jan 18th 2023, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Mkm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does WhatsApp work there or one needs to use other platforms like BOTIM
Old Jan 18th 2023, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mkm123
Does WhatsApp work there or one needs to use other platforms like BOTIM
Yes, WhatsApp, FaceTime both work.

5G in both communities as well as WiFi in your cabin and Neom WiFi in the communities.
Old Jan 18th 2023, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Webby1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JDM5AM
Yes, WhatsApp, FaceTime both work.

5G in both communities as well as WiFi in your cabin and Neom WiFi in the communities.
Does VoIP work without a vpn or is it blocked by providers as was the case in Qatar?
Old Jan 18th 2023, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

What documents are needed to sponsor my wife and kids to come to KSA?
Old Jan 18th 2023, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Webby1966
Does VoIP work without a vpn or is it blocked by providers as was the case in Qatar?
Yes it works without a vpn. All voice, videos etc are available. Nothing has been blocked.
Old Jan 18th 2023, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it works without a vpn. All voice, videos etc are available. Nothing has been blocked.
I find there's plenty of stuff blocked and WhatsApp video calls won't work without a VPN. Worth having one on phone, FireStick etc.
Old Jan 18th 2023, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
I find there's plenty of stuff blocked and WhatsApp video calls won't work without a VPN. Worth having one on phone, FireStick etc.
Nothing has been blocked for me and I get some ribald clips sent to me! I can do video calls on WhatsApp no problem, either using my own data plan or the WiFi.
Old Jan 18th 2023, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Nothing has been blocked for me and I get some ribald clips sent to me! I can do video calls on WhatsApp no problem, either using my own data plan or the WiFi.
Great stuff!! I can't though, so need a VPN. "Your mileage may vary" and all that.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
Get some adaptors before leaving. It is one less thing to worry about if you can't find any at the airport or if they are sold out here...
Old Jan 19th 2023, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandscones
Hi - I am set to head to NEOM next week, Sunday and was wondering if recent joiners can guide me on any details of pickup from airport and drop off to camp? I have not had any luck getting this information from Onboarding, after requesting a few times. I have already received my flight ticket but there was radio silence after that. I will be at Oxagon, and I have been informed my unit number has been assigned to me already.

Also, can any new Oxagon residents let me know what the unit already includes, so I can pack and bring necessary items (other than clothing) along with me. I've asked Onboarding for a checklist, but again - nothing.

On the first day / week at work - is there an agenda that's given on who to meet, what to do, where to get IT materials from, etc. etc. etc. How does one know where to go as again, I would expect Onboarding to provide all this but the lack of communication is quite worrying and concerning.

Thank you
Just PM'd you
Old Jan 19th 2023, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Antony92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Yes
Yes
Yes
Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat
Is there a biking culture within Neom Communities? Are there any stores to buy bikes? Are the camp and the surroundings suitable for road biking? I don't mean for commuting but rather for leisure.
Hi - I brought my bike out with me and am heading out today on my first group ride. There are loads of riders out here on both NC1 and NC2 and regular road and mountain bike rides. The longer rides are mostly at weekends due to traffic and the roads being quite busy (i.e dangerous) in the week due to construction traffic. There seems to be a few local loops nearer the camp you can do during the week if you wish? I store my bike in my room although there are bike stands around camp and everything seems really safe, but I don't want to risk it

Hope that helps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.