Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Nov 29th 2022, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

AAABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Urgent help needed: Distance Learning Form (DLF)

I am stuck on my degree attestation as the agency (and also SACM) requires that the university filled in a form called Distance Learning Form (DLF) which states that my degree was not online. My degree was all in-camp face-to-face. The issue I am in the UK and my university is in the US. I checked my university website and they don't provide this service. I also tried with emails and calls with no luck as they say they do not have the service of filling this form, especially since I am away.

I feel I am going in circles. I know that my question might not have an answer but just sharing it in case someone had a similar experience or have any suggestions to share.

Thanks!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 29th 2022 at 5:00 am. Reason: Formatting removed - pls keep it to normal text, thx.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 5:05 am
Just Joined

AMarie01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat
Urgent help needed: Distance Learning Form (DLF)

I am stuck on my degree attestation as the agency (and also SACM) requires that the university filled in a form called Distance Learning Form (DLF) which states that my degree was not online. My degree was all in-camp face-to-face. The issue I am in the UK and my university is in the US. I checked my university website and they don't provide this service. I also tried with emails and calls with no luck as they say they do not have the service of filling this form, especially since I am away.

I feel I am going in circles. I know that my question might not have an answer but just sharing it in case someone had a similar experience or have any suggestions to share.

Thanks!
Hey there - SACM has this form if you ask them for it. If you want, I can send it to you if you PM me your email address.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, @AMarie01 for your response. Sorry for not clarifying the challenge. I have the form, but I am stuck getting my university to fill it up (via email and call requests) since I am in the UK and not in the US, my university does not support that remote request. I just wanted to know if someone did remote attestation and how they handled that.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 5:21 am
Just Joined

AMarie01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat
Thanks, @AMarie01 for your response. Sorry for not clarifying the challenge. I have the form, but I am stuck getting my university to fill it up (via email and call requests) since I am in the UK and not in the US, my university does not support that remote request. I just wanted to know if someone did remote attestation and how they handled that.
Ah I see. That's really weird and irritating, I am sorry. I had 3 different universities in the US fill it out for me and I am living in Spain. Only one uni was weird about it when I asked, but once they received the form they just did it. 2 of the universities handled it through the office of the registrar, and the other uni someone that worked in the department of my major filled it out. Maybe reach out to the department head that you received your degree from, and don't mention where you live as it shouldn't matter. SACM doesn't say WHO at the uni needs to fill out the form. Mine was signed by someone with the title of "program manager" and SACM accepted it.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AMarie01
Ah I see. That's really weird and irritating, I am sorry. I had 3 different universities in the US fill it out for me and I am living in Spain. Only one uni was weird about it when I asked, but once they received the form they just did it. 2 of the universities handled it through the office of the registrar, and the other uni someone that worked in the department of my major filled it out. Maybe reach out to the department head that you received your degree from, and don't mention where you live as it shouldn't matter. SACM doesn't say WHO at the uni needs to fill out the form. Mine was signed by someone with the title of "program manager" and SACM accepted it.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try reaching to the head of the department.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

mfadhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I had my first interview last week and the interview was very short, 15 minutes, they were very interested, and they promised a second interview very shortly. However, they went very quiet from last week till now. How long does it take them to follow up? are they quick? were they just nice to me and they say that to everyone or are they honest when they say there will be a second interview, they usually mean it? Thanks.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

peterpipper12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mfadhil
Hi, I had my first interview last week and the interview was very short, 15 minutes, they were very interested, and they promised a second interview very shortly. However, they went very quiet from last week till now. How long does it take them to follow up? are they quick? were they just nice to me and they say that to everyone or are they honest when they say there will be a second interview, they usually mean it? Thanks.
I have been going back and forth with NEOM for several months. It takes time. I know it's mentally exhausting but just try to keep that in mind. My second interview was about 2.5 months after the first initial call.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a few questions.

1) my status now has been changed to “under offer” what does that mean and how long does it take to get the offer from this stage?

2) my job title has also changed in my information portal. It went from “Lead” to “Manager” what does it mean? And could that have a negative effect when it comes to getting the offer since I applied for the Lead role?
Old Nov 30th 2022, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ExpatKSA,
Cannot answer question 1, but on number 2 -- the change from lead to manager means that your job grade has been upped, this may have more to do with salary than anything else. But under offer is not bad. No idea how long this bit of the process can take, though.
Good luck!
Old Nov 30th 2022, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Recently moved to Oxagon. I know there were some people who had questions about the community but go no answers. Happy to answer any questions I can...
Old Nov 30th 2022, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi all,
Recently moved to Oxagon. I know there were some people who had questions about the community but go no answers. Happy to answer any questions I can...
Congrats on the move and hope you're settling in well. I did have a few questions on OXAGON I had posted recently - would love to hear from your feedback on these. Sorry for the many questions, but it seems not many know about OXAGON specifically, so it would be good for future joiners as well.

- How is life at OXAGON? As I understand, the community / project is relatively smaller and would not be based at NC1 or NC2 - but rather at the OXAGON Basecamp. How are the recreational facilities, dining, transport, distance to NEOM Bay Airport? I have heard the community is very scenic with direct beach walkway access but not sure if that is actually correct?
- How is accommodation - 1 and 2 bedroom? I have heard its better than NC1/NC2? Did you get to choose a place or was this given to you? How far is it from the beach area?
- How are people at OXAGON? I have heard they are somewhat "different" from people at the NEOM HQ - not sure what that entirely means, lol - but something I have heard.
- How are the offices at OXAGON? I have heard they are smaller than the NEOM HQ offices, but also since it is a standalone project.
- How easy it is to visit NC1/NC2? Is there much need to or do you mainly stay at OXAGON for work and social.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks!
Here's one guy's opinion...
- Life so far, has been good. This is a much smaller community right now. I believe there are 210 cabins in place, though they are building more. I was told last night that there are plans for a school, but there was no mention of a timeline. There is a gym, a mini soccer pitch, two tennis courts and two beach volleyball areas. The camp is on the beach, but it isn't a place you'd go surfing. The water is pretty placid, but it is pretty and makes for some nice sunsets. They've set up an area with lounges and umbrellas next to the water, There is one dining hall right now and two food stands. The dining hall is new and the food is pretty good. Certainly there are plenty of options. The hall has a dining area and a patio overlooking the volleyball courts and off towards the beach. There's also a medical clinic and a minimart.

- Accommodation within the camp is all 1BR/1 bath. Since the camp is small every cabin is reasonably close to the beach. No more than a few minutes walk.

- The people that I've met so far are quite nice. I won't visit NC1 until next week for some onboarding and training, so I can't compare types of people yet, though I will say that most of the people here are "port people," engineers, architects and the like, which makes since since that is what Oxagon is all about. So if you've worked in or around the marine industry, you won't think anyone is different. But there is nothing antisocial or anything like that going on, if that's what you're asking.

- Can't really compare the offices yet, but they are comfortable and everyone has enough space.

- There are busses to get places around the area. Currently there is one bus a day to NC1, nothing to NC2. There are also busses to Neom Bay Airport, Tabuk Airport, Duba Plaza and Tabuk mall. They run infrequently, but the schedules are kept up to date on your Neom app. You can also rent a car (once you have a KSA DL) or book a taxi if there's somewhere you need to go. But this area is a little bit away away from everything else (1h to NC1, 2.5h to Tabuk airport, etc) As far as social, I've only been here a week. I know there are some tours around and they have a nice area outside near the water to watch the world cup currently, but I'm still figuring out the rest. But there is certainly more going on at NC1 than here since we are a much smaller camp.

I hope this helps. Feel free to follow up with more questions.
Cheers.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
Thanks!
Here's one guy's opinion...
- Life so far, has been good. This is a much smaller community right now. I believe there are 210 cabins in place, though they are building more. I was told last night that there are plans for a school, but there was no mention of a timeline. There is a gym, a mini soccer pitch, two tennis courts and two beach volleyball areas. The camp is on the beach, but it isn't a place you'd go surfing. The water is pretty placid, but it is pretty and makes for some nice sunsets. They've set up an area with lounges and umbrellas next to the water, There is one dining hall right now and two food stands. The dining hall is new and the food is pretty good. Certainly there are plenty of options. The hall has a dining area and a patio overlooking the volleyball courts and off towards the beach. There's also a medical clinic and a minimart.

- Accommodation within the camp is all 1BR/1 bath. Since the camp is small every cabin is reasonably close to the beach. No more than a few minutes walk.

- The people that I've met so far are quite nice. I won't visit NC1 until next week for some onboarding and training, so I can't compare types of people yet, though I will say that most of the people here are "port people," engineers, architects and the like, which makes since since that is what Oxagon is all about. So if you've worked in or around the marine industry, you won't think anyone is different. But there is nothing antisocial or anything like that going on, if that's what you're asking.

- Can't really compare the offices yet, but they are comfortable and everyone has enough space.

- There are busses to get places around the area. Currently there is one bus a day to NC1, nothing to NC2. There are also busses to Neom Bay Airport, Tabuk Airport, Duba Plaza and Tabuk mall. They run infrequently, but the schedules are kept up to date on your Neom app. You can also rent a car (once you have a KSA DL) or book a taxi if there's somewhere you need to go. But this area is a little bit away away from everything else (1h to NC1, 2.5h to Tabuk airport, etc) As far as social, I've only been here a week. I know there are some tours around and they have a nice area outside near the water to watch the world cup currently, but I'm still figuring out the rest. But there is certainly more going on at NC1 than here since we are a much smaller camp.

I hope this helps. Feel free to follow up with more questions.
Cheers.
Thanks a bunch for this! Very useful information for new comers to OXAGON and great insight. Will certainly reach out with more questions in due course
Old Dec 1st 2022, 12:37 am
Just Joined

NewToNeom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Anyone else been asked to start remotely as a contractor - (while awaiting visa process and starting onsite) - and what day rate (% increase on your offer letter) did you charge?
Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2022, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Dropx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AMarie01

if your degree is online, are you not granted visa for jobs at Neom?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.