Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Nov 24th 2022, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

AAABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Work Laptop and mobile

Does Neom provide Work Laptops and Mobile devices to its employees? If so, does anyone know if they provide Mac laptops or only Windows? Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2022, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Newopps is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jacobv84
Hi @Newopps, have you finally received your letter from Gov Affairs? I am in the same boat since more than 2 weeks and still waiting for it.
Finally got my letter on the 22nd, so a 2.5 week wait. A1 has lodged the attestation request but neither them nor I am expecting to hear anything until the new year now. The IT problem has been resolved, but A1 told me that SACB only have 2 people working through a 3 week backlog ... plus of course add in intervening Xmas holidays. I just moved my expected start date out to end Jan now, but even that may be optimistic. We will see. Will keep you posted.
Old Nov 24th 2022, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat
Work Laptop and mobile

Does Neom provide Work Laptops and Mobile devices to its employees? If so, does anyone know if they provide Mac laptops or only Windows? Thanks
Work laptops only provided, no mobile devices. Someone will surely be along soon to answer your Mac/Windows question ...
Old Nov 25th 2022, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Webby1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am currently resident in Qatar for 1 more month before I pack up and return to the uk for Christmas, then off to Neom.
My question is would I be able to undergo medical and document attestation here in Qatar and then use A1 in London for my visa application upon my return to uk. A1 say I have to do everything with them but I note this impacts my time and cost and it is obviously in their interest that I do everything through them.

thoughts and advice appreciated, Thanks
Old Nov 25th 2022, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

AMarie01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Webby1966
Hi, I am currently resident in Qatar for 1 more month before I pack up and return to the uk for Christmas, then off to Neom.
My question is would I be able to undergo medical and document attestation here in Qatar and then use A1 in London for my visa application upon my return to uk. A1 say I have to do everything with them but I note this impacts my time and cost and it is obviously in their interest that I do everything through them.

thoughts and advice appreciated, Thanks
I am an American completing my visa in Spain, and was told by the agency in Spain that the medical needs to be done in the same country that I am applying for the visa. An agency I consulted with in the US said the same thing too - it was significantly easier, faster, and cheaper to apply for my visa in the US, but they said I would need to fly there just to complete the medical. Frustrating.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Hello all -

I know there are some on here who are attesting degrees in the US and I just wanted to point out that it is very easy and FREE to do this yourself without an agency. All the instructions are on the SACM website. I recently sent mine in and had it stamped and back within 5 days.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat
US Degree Attestation

I have a US degree and live in the UK. I was told I need to get my degree attested in the US. Did anyone go through the attestation process in the US? Any recommended agency? Do I need any document/reference from Neom or any other party, or can I simply initiate the attestation myself and share it with A1 Visa Services in the UK? Thanks so much for your help.
Hi - I just posted about this, but yes you can do it yourself. All the instructions are on the SACM website. The only thing you will need to submit is your offer letter from NEOM. You can PM me if you have more questions.
Old Nov 26th 2022, 12:36 am
Just Joined

UK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all! THANK YOU for your great work and help!
I have been offered a position in Neom at Trojena and waiting for the offer, I am quite informed about all Neom but still have some key questions:
1-Spouse program: There is no guarantee my husband will get a job they say, he is a +8years professional guy with Degree in BA and Masters and Logistics. Can any of you know or experienced how true or reliable it is that they will offer a spouse a job? (Any of the daily positions suits him as mostly are for engineers, etc. He is flexible and open to any type of jobs where he has skills).
2-Flights: What's the average of flights between Neom and London a week? Or any other European capital? Nothing in the airport website..
3-Flights: Otherwise to leave KSA, do you need to fly from Tabuk? Then how is the commuitng from Neom to Tabuk airport? Is there a Shuttle or do you need to pay a taxi, etc?
4-Holidays: Is Neom flexible on holiday requests? As expats, can we leave in and out the country for holidays as we wish or do we need gov permission?
5-Health in the campus: Not that we get sick often but better check.. how good are the on site health centers? And in case of emergency out of hours how do you get sorted? Would the ambulance take you to Tabuk's or closest hospitals if needed?
Old Nov 26th 2022, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

wanderingexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnnieM19
yeah they said it was for the degree attestation but my
university sent the degree about 5 weeks ago. Hoping it doesn’t take much longer, I have started working remotely from the UK whilst I wait for my
CV.
Please do you know if your working remotely whilst waiting for your visa comes out of your holiday or remote working days? Did you have to go to Num first on a Business visa to get your Laptop etc and contract?
Old Nov 26th 2022, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Newopps
On this I can advise with some authority, having been in a few discussions with NEOM on this. Your situation appears similar to mine. UK citizen with UK undergrad degree and N American masters degree. NEOM told me I had to attest my highest degree, but A1 Visas said they could quite happily get my visa by attesting my UK degree only. I told NEOM who said, okay attest the UK degree then.

So ... if you have a UK degree, even if its not your highest, attest that one as it will be quicker (but still about 5 weeks at the moment). If you don't have a UK degree, then you will need to attest one (only) of your degrees, in the country where it was conferred. You can choose which to attest, based on expected timescales.

If you do attest a UK degree, you will need an invitation letter from NEOM Govt Affairs department, which your onboarder will source for you, specifically for that purpose to kick off attestation (your offer letter will not suffice, go figure). Expect that to take about a week. The letter is not required for most other countries, but in looking, it still seemed quicker to attest in the UK than (in my case) Canada.

Hope this helps.
Also note they will only attest fulltime degree and the degree must not be via online study. A1 advise you only attest your 1st Bachelors degree as most likely it was fulltime and not online.
Old Nov 26th 2022, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ixxi
Hi there
Did you actually tried to use Revolut while in KSA ? Does it work ? I'm asking because I was told it doesn't ..

Yes it works for sure. thats what most people use. FX rates are the best
Old Nov 27th 2022, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Faridafaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Good people,
I need someone please answer my questions.

1- I got the Saudi Visa finally, should I book the ticket by myself and then claim it, or do they purchase the ticket for me?
2- Does NEOM pay for schooling outside KSA? My kid is in a school in Australia, can I claim her tuition fees or only if she was in the KSA? (She is in a private school)

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 27th 2022, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Faridafaris
Hello Good people,
I need someone please answer my questions.

1- I got the Saudi Visa finally, should I book the ticket by myself and then claim it, or do they purchase the ticket for me?
2- Does NEOM pay for schooling outside KSA? My kid is in a school in Australia, can I claim her tuition fees or only if she was in the KSA? (She is in a private school)

Thank you in advance.
Flights will depend on whether you sre being recruited/employed by Neom directly, or via a subcontractor. Either way, you can't expect people on a forum to answer that question for you! Ask your onboarder, HR or business contact for a definitive answer.

Re education, check the Childrens educational allowance thread in this sub Forum.
Old Nov 27th 2022, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there.
This is mainly for any people already based in NEOM, as I am working on my offer to get there soon and have the option to perhaps take a role in OXAGON.
- How is life at OXAGON? As I understand, the community / project is relatively smaller and would not be based at NC1 or NC2 - but rather at the OXAGON Basecamp. How are the recreational facilities, dining, transport, distance to NEOM Bay Airport? I have heard the community is very scenic with direct beach walkway access but not sure if that is actually correct?
- How is accommodation - 1 and 2 bedroom? I have heard its better than NC1/NC2?
- How is the OXAGON office?
- How are people at OXAGON? I have heard they are somewhat "different" from people at the NEOM HQ - not sure what that entirely means, lol - but something I have heard.
- How are the offices at OXAGON?

Many thanks - feel free to PM me if you wish.

Cheers.
Old Nov 28th 2022, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Webby1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AMarie01
I am an American completing my visa in Spain, and was told by the agency in Spain that the medical needs to be done in the same country that I am applying for the visa. An agency I consulted with in the US said the same thing too - it was significantly easier, faster, and cheaper to apply for my visa in the US, but they said I would need to fly there just to complete the medical. Frustrating.
Thanks AMarie01, guess we need to just go with he flow in regard to visa processing.

Does anyone know how long you have to fly out and activate Visa in KSA from receipt in passport, I am assuming guessing 14 or 30 days but would be good to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.