NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old May 13th 2024, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Pesto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Balimum8
Hi, I can only reply on your question 2.

We just got reimbursed yesterday. Took about 3 days to be approved, they transfer the payment as we speak.
Make sure you send the paid invoice only.
Hi Balimum, by any chance do your kids go to the Neom international school? If so, I'd be interested in hearing about your and your kids' experience (quality, curricula, how the kids like it, fees, etc). Any info would be welcome! Thanks in advance!!
Old May 13th 2024, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Balimum8 is an unknown quantity at this point

We aren’t quite there just yet unfortunately 😌. Still processing our iqama at the moment. My husband told me there’s along waiting list on NC1 cabin and the school registration.
Old May 13th 2024, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Des1777 is an unknown quantity at this point

We aren’t quite there just yet unfortunately 😌. Still processing our iqama at the moment. My husband told me there’s along waiting list on NC1 cabin and the school registration.
Hi Balimum8 just wondering how long it was between your husband receiving his iqama and being able to apply for yours?
Old May 13th 2024, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Balimum8 is an unknown quantity at this point

He received his iqama in February, 2 weeks after he joined Neom. But we chose to apply for our iqama now for personal reason, I was told we could do it once he received the iqama back then. Hope that helps.
Old May 14th 2024, 12:34 am
Just Joined

Des1777 is an unknown quantity at this point

He received his iqama in February, 2 weeks after he joined Neom. But we chose to apply for our iqama now for personal reason, I was told we could do it once he received the iqama back then. Hope that helps.
Really helpful, thank you. Would appreciate if you're able to update here once you receive your iqama to give an idea of timeline for that also.
Old May 14th 2024, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

nen9889 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, out of interest if you secure an Iqama based on your job offer and then sponsor your family to join you (this is fictitious at this stage given the current recruitment situation and no new news) can your spouse work on that type of Iqama (if they were to also secure a job) or would they need to apply for their own Iqama?
Old May 15th 2024, 11:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Various posts relating to recruitment moved to the NEOM job thread - https://britishexpats.com/forum/midd...etails-942670/
Old May 18th 2024, 12:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

More posts moved to the Jobs thread. A reminder please that this thread is about the community and any questions about that (accommodation, school, lifestyle etc) should be placed here, but any job related queries (offers, working conditions, salary etc) should be in the Jobs thread.

It just makes it easier for people to have one thread to search if they want info on a specific subject.

Thx all.
Old May 27th 2024, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

BillyofArabia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi;
So I’ll be working on Neom for 12 day stints, staying at a hotel called Royal L’Azure (think it used to be called Royal Tulip). Just wondered if anyone had previous experience in staying in local Hotels like this, or this one specifically? Ideally my wife and 1 year old would be with me initially, rather than be back in Dubai alone. Am just after any advice/tips on whether this is a sensible idea or not.
Old May 27th 2024, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BillyofArabia
Hi;
So I’ll be working on Neom for 12 day stints, staying at a hotel called Royal L’Azure (think it used to be called Royal Tulip). Just wondered if anyone had previous experience in staying in local Hotels like this, or this one specifically? Ideally my wife and 1 year old would be with me initially, rather than be back in Dubai alone. Am just after any advice/tips on whether this is a sensible idea or not.
So they have assigned you to a hotel is it temporary and you will be moved to a community or is this for an indefinite period ?
Old May 27th 2024, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fs05
So they have assigned you to a hotel is it temporary and you will be moved to a community or is this for an indefinite period ?
this is until the end of the year. I’ll have the remainder of the month off in Dubai. Just wondering as well on the rules on my family using the Neom camp during the day? I won’t be employed directly by Neom. I’ll be working for a consultant.
Old May 28th 2024, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi;
Royal L'Azure (correct it was Golden/Royal Tulip previously) is a very nice accomodation with good food and facilities, and they continually invest in improving things. It would be very comfortable place for family to spend a few periods but might get very samey/boring always being there with literally nothing else around. You may need to cover costs of additional meals if the company only cover yourself.
this is until the end of the year. I’ll have the remainder of the month off in Dubai. Just wondering as well on the rules on my family using the Neom camp during the day? I won’t be employed directly by Neom. I’ll be working for a consultant.
I don't think consultants have ability to create visitor passes, I may be incorrect. Since you're not a Neom employee you can't add them as dependent in Neom HR system, so I doubt they can register for biometric entry. If that is the case, a NEOM employee could request visitor pass for them to enter the camp. The passes are 3 or 5 days each (can't remember). Not sure what transport is available. You may also need to cover the meal costs at the camp since they won't be a family guest of an employee.

Welcome to Neom and hope that helps!
Old May 28th 2024, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
Royal L'Azure (correct it was Golden/Royal Tulip previously) is a very nice accomodation with good food and facilities, and they continually invest in improving things. It would be very comfortable place for family to spend a few periods but might get very samey/boring always being there with literally nothing else around. You may need to cover costs of additional meals if the company only cover yourself.

I don't think consultants have ability to create visitor passes, I may be incorrect. Since you're not a Neom employee you can't add them as dependent in Neom HR system, so I doubt they can register for biometric entry. If that is the case, a NEOM employee could request visitor pass for them to enter the camp. The passes are 3 or 5 days each (can't remember). Not sure what transport is available. You may also need to cover the meal costs at the camp since they won't be a family guest of an employee.

Welcome to Neom and hope that helps!

That’s a great help, thank you for your response. Even if it’s just a 5 day pass at a time, that’s enough as I’ll only be there for 10 working days. I’m sure it’s something that will be available given the role I’ll be performing. It also will only be for the first couple of months until my wife finds employment in Dubai. Transport is all provided by my company, so I’m okay with that. Im
also okay with paying for meals for them in camp. Like I said, it’s a temporary thing.
Old May 30th 2024, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

nigmcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I am still awaiting my Iqama but plan to move out to Neom to Trojena at the end of June. I've just been told that Trojena base camp is full for now but they plan to add more cabins in the new few months to make more space, so was expecting similar facilities (pool, gym). They say for the beginning I will be in pioneer camp at the bottom of the mountain. Does anyone know what this camp is like and the facilities?

Thanks
Old Jun 1st 2024, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Sonofwilliam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have been reading the thread. I will be working in the oxagon. What are the communities there like?

How far away is the international school from the communities ? I am not sure which I'll be in?

​​​​​​I Should be there in august. What is it like living there? What sports are available? Is transport easy to get to travel on weekends? What shops are there now?

As much info on lifestyle as possible please!

​​​​thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.