Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jun 26th 2023, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

GeoffJB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
This seems a bit ridiculous. I have never heard of anyone being made to do that before. I would request a Friday flight LHR to Riyadh/Jeddah, stay in hotel then get the Riyadh/Jeddah flight to NEOM Bay on Saturday evening. This is how most people do it.

We have had new joiners not turn up on the Sunday as they were wrecked from their travels and nobody said anything to them.

Is your onboarding happening at NC1 or Oxagon? If its Oxagon it really wont be the worst as its a relaxed day and excitement should get you through any tiredness. If its NC1...good luck with the travelling!
Yes, I was offered the possibility of a London-Riyadh flight on Saturday 15th but there are three key things to note with this:

1) This is not a connecting flight so unless the Saudia groundstaff at Heathrow are happy to tag your bags for NEOM Bay at check-in, you will have to collect them upon arrival at Riyadh, go through passport control/security and transfer from Terminal 4 to 5 to check in for the Riyadh-NEOM flight. There is only a 2hour 20-minute gap between the London-Riyadh flight landing and Riyadh-NEOM flight departing which gave me cause for concern.
2) The direct flight from Heathrow to NEOM is only 5hours 25 minutes whereas Option 2 is 6hours 45mins from London to Riyadh, the 2hour 20minute layover, followed by a further 2hours from Riyadh to NEOM. Taking the direct option felt like a no-brainer!
3) Even if you take the Saturday flight from Riyadh-NEOM, it doesn't land until 23:15 so by the time OXAGON folk reach Duba Apartments, it'll be 1-2am on the Sunday which of course is a working day so you don't really get around the problem.

I have been told that the induction does take place at NC1 - even for OXAGON staff - as this is where you can purchase your new SIM from the STC rep.
Old Jun 26th 2023, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

I'm hoping this is going to get a lot more efficient than what you're outlining. I'm looking at later on this year to join and I've joined remote projects before - this one sounds a bit of an unnecessary mess
Old Jun 26th 2023, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

GeoffJB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeepSix
I'm hoping this is going to get a lot more efficient than what you're outlining. I'm looking at later on this year to join and I've joined remote projects before - this one sounds a bit of an unnecessary mess
What you have to remember is that this is the World's biggest start-up so it's understandable to an extent. They preach patience and flexibility during all phases of the process and beyond, during your actual role. It's easy to get frustrated but I'm trying to be philosophical and focus on the fact that everyone is in the same boat, just roll with it and enjoy the ride! P.S. I reserve the right to change my mind once I've been working there for a month....!
Old Jun 26th 2023, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

DHDP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ausspouse
Thanks for getting back to me, that's good to know. I'm trying to get there asap so hopefully it will be quicker.
In terms of getting his documents attested for your invitation letter, did your husband have to fly to Riyadh? That's what mine is being told but surely there's a more efficient way
Hi Ausspouse,

Are you able to share info on what family accomodation looks like at the moment?
Old Jun 26th 2023, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GeoffJB
What you have to remember is that this is the World's biggest start-up so it's understandable to an extent. They preach patience and flexibility during all phases of the process and beyond, during your actual role. It's easy to get frustrated but I'm trying to be philosophical and focus on the fact that everyone is in the same boat, just roll with it and enjoy the ride! P.S. I reserve the right to change my mind once I've been working there for a month....!
Totally understand that this is a huge project - "patience and flexibility during all phases" is great but didn't stack up with the idea that you turn up on day 1 at work with no sleep
Anyway - - i still have a lot more to do before i even get to deal with accommodation - - been a month since my successful interview and I'm still waiting on sign off for the official offer
Old Jun 27th 2023, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

IL2023 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Totototo
yes
upon reaching here you will receive a border number
it will be written on your passport next to the entry stamp

this number is generally written with the figures used in Arab countries
if you can’t read those numbers you may ask politely to the border officer to write them in the figures you can read: 12345 etc

this number will be your identification number until you receive your iqama

you can buy a sim card under your name using your border number
Hi, do I need SAR currency to buy the SIM Card? Actually should I have some SAR currency before travelling to NEOM, I don't want to have too much SAR if there is no place to use them.. I will likely be at the DUBA apartments.

Thanks!

Old Jun 28th 2023, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Totototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by IL2023
Hi, do I need SAR currency to buy the SIM Card? Actually should I have some SAR currency before travelling to NEOM, I don't want to have too much SAR if there is no place to use them.. I will likely be at the DUBA apartments.

Thanks!
I checked and I believe that I paid in cash so in SAR currency.

It was in Riyadh airport card payments were possible.

it is important to know that in KSA the shops have the payment machine to pay with a Visa and MasterCard but sometimes (in small mini market or some petrol stations) they will tell you “MADA only”

MADA is type of debit cards available in KSA only (I’ve never heard about it in another country) what I understood is that Visa, Amex or master card will charge the shop a small % for any payment made with a card from their network. So some shops purely refuse it here. It’s good to know.

coming back to your SIM card you should be able to pay with a Mastercard /visa or if not possible pay in cash should be less than 200SAR

if you are staying in Duba I expect some shop to accept MADA only. Means that you won’t be able to pay with your foreign visa/Mastercard so better to bring some cash just in case.

The easiest way to have a MADA card is to download the application STC Pay

its an online payment app that allow you to send/receive money to/from people using mobile phone (provided that they use STC pay as well) you can even make international payments and have virtual debit cards on Apple Pay
one of the card proposed is a “MADA” and it’s free.

then if you have an iPhone you can top up your MADA card with Apple Pay

just click add money on stc pay select your other visa Mastercard on Apple Pay and add the amount you want to your STC pay account

then you can make payments with your MADA card in the shops

sorry if it sounds it’s a little complicated but give it a try it’s very easy

stc pay can be opened online in minutes

the obly thing to check is if you can use it before having an Iqama.. I’m not sure about that.

Last edited by Totototo; Jun 28th 2023 at 3:07 am.
Old Jun 28th 2023, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Aschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeepSix
Totally understand that this is a huge project - "patience and flexibility during all phases" is great but didn't stack up with the idea that you turn up on day 1 at work with no sleep
Anyway - - i still have a lot more to do before i even get to deal with accommodation - - been a month since my successful interview and I'm still waiting on sign off for the official offer
I believe it has something to do with the fact that many people working there have prior experience of working for projects and such situations happen that you get no sleep after even longer travels, so I’m not that surprised by the idea to manage to stay awake for almost 2 days. I wouldn’t expect that people will have any other expectations from us than getting through the formalities and somehow through the day at the office, but I don’t expect any real job on that day.
Old Jun 28th 2023, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

PIHCHOX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ausspouse
It could be a good idea to follow some of the popular accounts on Instagram, some of them post photos of pets (mainly dogs) in the community so you could reach out to see which pet relocation services they use?
Thank you Ausspouse. I’ve done just that and received some information. My wife also got in touch with the Welcome Community and received more details. Looks like we can’t bring our dog without the Iqama, so we’ll travel without him this time but will bring him over in a month or so after we receive our Iqama. Thanks again
Old Jun 29th 2023, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Smart11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Does someone know if Neom employees are also able to apply for some long term leaves like parental leave, maternity, bereavement etc for 6 months or more?
Old Jun 30th 2023, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Macster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All

very excited and moving to NEOM (finally) in july

quick question, given that medical is free, would i receive my regular medicine from neom?

I am diabetic and it was mentioned when i did my medical and my other forms

are these medicine ( infect all medicine if required) provided?

thanks
Old Jun 30th 2023, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

IL2023 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Totototo
I checked and I believe that I paid in cash so in SAR currency.

It was in Riyadh airport card payments were possible.

it is important to know that in KSA the shops have the payment machine to pay with a Visa and MasterCard but sometimes (in small mini market or some petrol stations) they will tell you “MADA only”

MADA is type of debit cards available in KSA only (I’ve never heard about it in another country) what I understood is that Visa, Amex or master card will charge the shop a small % for any payment made with a card from their network. So some shops purely refuse it here. It’s good to know.

coming back to your SIM card you should be able to pay with a Mastercard /visa or if not possible pay in cash should be less than 200SAR

if you are staying in Duba I expect some shop to accept MADA only. Means that you won’t be able to pay with your foreign visa/Mastercard so better to bring some cash just in case.

The easiest way to have a MADA card is to download the application STC Pay

its an online payment app that allow you to send/receive money to/from people using mobile phone (provided that they use STC pay as well) you can even make international payments and have virtual debit cards on Apple Pay
one of the card proposed is a “MADA” and it’s free.

then if you have an iPhone you can top up your MADA card with Apple Pay

just click add money on stc pay select your other visa Mastercard on Apple Pay and add the amount you want to your STC pay account

then you can make payments with your MADA card in the shops

sorry if it sounds it’s a little complicated but give it a try it’s very easy

stc pay can be opened online in minutes

the obly thing to check is if you can use it before having an Iqama.. I’m not sure about that.
Thank you very much.. I will ask HR about it again.. Thanks very much !
Old Jun 30th 2023, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

smarties07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Contemplating renting a car upon arrival in Tabuk. Lumi and Sixt have bad reviews. Anyone used Budget car rental? Thanks.
Old Jul 1st 2023, 11:33 am
Just Joined

gooner89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smart11
Hello,

Does someone know if Neom employees are also able to apply for some long term leaves like parental leave, maternity, bereavement etc for 6 months or more?
I'm on a different project in Saudi so not familiar with Neom contracts but my contract says paternity leave is 3 days which seems to be the entitlement under Saudi labour law. This link has some information about personal leave in Saudi:
https://laboreducation.hrsd.gov.sa/e...-education/323
Old Jul 1st 2023, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Smart11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gooner89
I'm on a different project in Saudi so not familiar with Neom contracts but my contract says paternity leave is 3 days which seems to be the entitlement under Saudi labour law. This link has some information about personal leave in Saudi:
https://laboreducation.hrsd.gov.sa/e...-education/323
thanks for the information. I was wondering if long term leave without pay is possible or not, like it is in western countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.