Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jun 26th 2023, 1:48 am
Just Joined

MomoB1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Azie
Could someone help explain the overall process following the interview and timelines?
I'd actually be keen to hear from people on this as well. For example - from offer to actually being on site - how long was this for people? Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2023, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MomoB1234
I'd actually be keen to hear from people on this as well. For example - from offer to actually being on site - how long was this for people? Thanks
3-6 months
Old Jun 26th 2023, 2:04 am
Just Joined

MomoB1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's quite a range indeed. What was your personal expereince?
Old Jun 26th 2023, 2:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone help explain the overall process following the interview and timelines?
If you search the thread you'll find tons of people have shared their experiences previously (also search the other NEOM threads). It'll vary, but will give you an idea of the process and potential timescales at least.

Good luck.
Old Jun 26th 2023, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

That's quite a range indeed. What was your personal expereince?
Old Jun 26th 2023, 6:17 am
Just Joined

GeoffJB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Farhan28
Hi all,

It's been a couple of months since anyone has given any update on what's happening at NEOM. can anyone advise?

Anyone know more information on accommodation? I'm heading out there in a few months and NC1 I am told is full but expanding. And NC2 looks like student accommodation back in my uni days. Can anyone advise or send pictures? Ideally I think NC1 is the place to be at?
I'm due to fly out on 16th July on a direct flight from London Heathrow to NEOM Bay. The flight lands KSA time at 1am on 17th July.

I will be working on OXAGON and as both Oxagon Basecamp and the Southern Business Community are currently at capacity, I will be housed at the Duba Apartments. I am told that this will be for a period of up to 1-year. My onboarder has now shared a location plan of the Apartments, plus some photo's taken both externally and internally. As I understand it, there will be 5 blocks, 3 or 4 of which are new-build with the other 1 or 2 being refurbs.

On first glance, they look very well appointed internally - fresh, modern and spacious which bodes well. If the images are anything to go by, I think I'd rather stay there for the duration! Duba itself also looks quite a pleasant place with a tree-lined corniche/promenade and a marina. Within a short driving distance there appears to be some fantastic beaches and snorkelling but frustratingly, I won't be able to sample those until the heat tails off in Sep/Oct.

Advice to all incoming OXAGON employees travelling from Heathrow on the direct Sunday flight: I have been told that due to the time it takes to get through immigration and then get taxied to Duba Apartments, you won't arrive there until 3-4am on the Monday morning and then have to go through a check-in process. Other teams may differ but in my case, my line manager has made it clear that if the Monday is my first day then I'm expected in for the whole day, irrespective of how much - or how little - sleep I've had. For clarity, my onboarder is yet to confirm whether anyone will be available at the Apartments to perform the check-in process which is certainly a cause for concern...

My advice would therefore be to consider making your start date the Tuesday to give yourself time to grab some sleep on arrival at the Apartments and then have the whole day to unpack and settle in before getting a good nights' sleep ahead of starting bright and early on the Tuesday.

PLEASE NOTE: This arrangement is what I have requested from my onboarder but at the time of writing I have yet to receive a response so cannot categorically state that NEOM will be ok with this. My line manager seems fine with it but I wait with baited breath as I really don't fancy doing a full day at work after a long journey and practically zero sleep.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE: UK travellers on the direct Sunday flight will be told by their onboarder that they have to attend their induction at NC1 during the day on the Monday, again, after very little sleep. I personally have told my onboarder that I will do my induction a week later on the following Monday. They didn't seem entirely impressed with this but as I understand it, some new joiners don't do their inductions for weeks after arrival!

Don't get me wrong, I'm super-happy to have secured this role and am very excited about getting out there but admit to feeling that it's slightly harsh to expect people to start their first day or do their induction off the back of potentially long travels and very little sleep. Hopefully not a sign of things to come!!

Last edited by GeoffJB; Jun 26th 2023 at 6:19 am. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old Jun 26th 2023, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Zeeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies in the forum. Very helpful.

I had my interview with NEOM/ENOWA. Now submitting the documents for offer letter.

One of child is gluten and milk intolerant. I am checking online about the medical treatment and availability of gluten and milk free products. I have not found much on these topics.

Does anyone has the experience about the availability of gluten and milk free products in Neom or nearby ?

How are the medical facilities in Neom or nearby city ?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 26th 2023, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Azie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zeeta
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies in the forum. Very helpful.

I had my interview with NEOM/ENOWA. Now submitting the documents for offer letter.

One of child is gluten and milk intolerant. I am checking online about the medical treatment and availability of gluten and milk free products. I have not found much on these topics.

Does anyone has the experience about the availability of gluten and milk free products in Neom or nearby ?

How are the medical facilities in Neom or nearby city ?

Thanks in advance

Congratulations! how long after your interview did you get the link to submit documents?
Old Jun 26th 2023, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Zeeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! how long after your interview did you get the link to submit documents?
almost 5-6 weeks
Old Jun 26th 2023, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Sp25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zeeta
almost 5-6 weeks
Sir, are you going to upload you recent payslips too?
Old Jun 26th 2023, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GeoffJB
I'm due to fly out on 16th July on a direct flight from London Heathrow to NEOM Bay. The flight lands KSA time at 1am on 17th July.

I will be working on OXAGON and as both Oxagon Basecamp and the Southern Business Community are currently at capacity, I will be housed at the Duba Apartments. I am told that this will be for a period of up to 1-year. My onboarder has now shared a location plan of the Apartments, plus some photo's taken both externally and internally. As I understand it, there will be 5 blocks, 3 or 4 of which are new-build with the other 1 or 2 being refurbs.

On first glance, they look very well appointed internally - fresh, modern and spacious which bodes well. If the images are anything to go by, I think I'd rather stay there for the duration! Duba itself also looks quite a pleasant place with a tree-lined corniche/promenade and a marina. Within a short driving distance there appears to be some fantastic beaches and snorkelling but frustratingly, I won't be able to sample those until the heat tails off in Sep/Oct.

Advice to all incoming OXAGON employees travelling from Heathrow on the direct Sunday flight: I have been told that due to the time it takes to get through immigration and then get taxied to Duba Apartments, you won't arrive there until 3-4am on the Monday morning and then have to go through a check-in process. Other teams may differ but in my case, my line manager has made it clear that if the Monday is my first day then I'm expected in for the whole day, irrespective of how much - or how little - sleep I've had. For clarity, my onboarder is yet to confirm whether anyone will be available at the Apartments to perform the check-in process which is certainly a cause for concern...

My advice would therefore be to consider making your start date the Tuesday to give yourself time to grab some sleep on arrival at the Apartments and then have the whole day to unpack and settle in before getting a good nights' sleep ahead of starting bright and early on the Tuesday.

PLEASE NOTE: This arrangement is what I have requested from my onboarder but at the time of writing I have yet to receive a response so cannot categorically state that NEOM will be ok with this. My line manager seems fine with it but I wait with baited breath as I really don't fancy doing a full day at work after a long journey and practically zero sleep.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE: UK travellers on the direct Sunday flight will be told by their onboarder that they have to attend their induction at NC1 during the day on the Monday, again, after very little sleep. I personally have told my onboarder that I will do my induction a week later on the following Monday. They didn't seem entirely impressed with this but as I understand it, some new joiners don't do their inductions for weeks after arrival!

Don't get me wrong, I'm super-happy to have secured this role and am very excited about getting out there but admit to feeling that it's slightly harsh to expect people to start their first day or do their induction off the back of potentially long travels and very little sleep. Hopefully not a sign of things to come!!
As someone who is currently waiting for people to get back from EID to sign my offer for OXAGON - this all sounds "peachy"
Seems a bit pointless if someone has been travelling all day and has no sleep to expect them to do anything at the office.

Old Jun 26th 2023, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GeoffJB

This seems a bit ridiculous. I have never heard of anyone being made to do that before. I would request a Friday flight LHR to Riyadh/Jeddah, stay in hotel then get the Riyadh/Jeddah flight to NEOM Bay on Saturday evening. This is how most people do it.

We have had new joiners not turn up on the Sunday as they were wrecked from their travels and nobody said anything to them.

Is your onboarding happening at NC1 or Oxagon? If its Oxagon it really wont be the worst as its a relaxed day and excitement should get you through any tiredness. If its NC1...good luck with the travelling!

Last edited by ZeroCool_HTP; Jun 26th 2023 at 10:00 am.
Old Jun 26th 2023, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

drMobas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. Going to Oxagon on the 9th of July.

All done. See you guys soon
Old Jun 26th 2023, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drMobas
Hello everyone. Going to Oxagon on the 9th of July.

All done. See you guys soon
Congratulations!
Safe travels and see you soon.
Old Jun 26th 2023, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sp25
Sir, are you going to upload you recent payslips too?
Sp25- please stop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.