Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Feb 29th 2024, 1:11 am
  #2761  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 58
fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by gentleben
​​​​​​That request for documents basically is the informal offer. Did they start the background screening at the same time?

From my experience, you won't get anything now until you get the formal written offer, unless they want clarification of anything on the payslips or similar.

The hamsters are probably turning the wheels on the offer now, given the weird current package +X Saudi system.

Kissflow should give you some insights as "to progress" and my status on there was updated a couple of hours before I received the formal offer in my email. I think it went from "in offer" to "under offer", something like that.
Yes the background check has started.
What is Kissflow ?
fs05 is offline  
Old Feb 29th 2024, 1:14 am
  #2762  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 21
gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

It's their applicant tracking/on-boarding system. It's almost certainly where you uploaded the document.
gentleben is offline  
Old Feb 29th 2024, 1:21 am
  #2763  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 58
fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by gentleben
It's their applicant tracking/on-boarding system. It's almost certainly where you uploaded the document.
You mean the site where it shows the job i have applied for the the status under it i.e under offer etc. ?
Did not know its called Kissflow because no such name on that site , hence i was confused.
fs05 is offline  
Old Feb 29th 2024, 1:25 am
  #2764  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 21
gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Correct. It's in the URL.
gentleben is offline  
Old Feb 29th 2024, 10:50 am
  #2765  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 7
Dobleww is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi All,

I am at advanced stage of recruitment. Just wanted to ask here if there is any accounting/finance professional here who is an ACCA (Chartered Certified Accountant) Member and got his work visa with NEOM based on that during onboarding? Any insights/related info would be helpful.

Thanks.
​​​
Dobleww is offline  
Old Feb 29th 2024, 3:03 pm
  #2766  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 2
fiduk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Totototo
Thanks for your reply
Hi Totototo , I am in the same boat where I don't want Credence to contact my current employer and have indicated this in the form. What did you do in your case? Did you provide the employment contract, letter of experience, etc. Did that work?

Many thanks
fiduk is offline  
Old Feb 29th 2024, 3:15 pm
  #2767  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 2
fiduk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Brendon_dxb
Credence is conducting the screening.
In case you are unable to provide an experience letter and no consent to approach your current employer then you have to provide as many proof documents showing that you had that job role, years you worked with the company (start and end date proof), salary.
Hi Brendon_dxb , I am in the same boat where I don't want Credence to contact my current employer and have indicated this in the form. What did you do in your case? Did you provide the employment contract, letter of experience, etc. Did that work?

Many thanks
fiduk is offline  
Old Feb 29th 2024, 5:47 pm
  #2768  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 58
fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Brendon_dxb
Credence is conducting the screening.
In case you are unable to provide an experience letter and no consent to approach your current employer then you have to provide as many proof documents showing that you had that job role, years you worked with the company (start and end date proof), salary.
Is that required ? I havent seen anything on the credence site asking for proof of employment - or am i missing something ?
fs05 is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2024, 2:40 am
  #2769  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 58
fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Dobleww
Hi All,

I am at advanced stage of recruitment. Just wanted to ask here if there is any accounting/finance professional here who is an ACCA (Chartered Certified Accountant) Member and got his work visa with NEOM based on that during onboarding? Any insights/related info would be helpful.

Thanks.
​​​
Could you lay out the steps after the interview that happen, for example how long did it take for you to receive the official offer once it change to under offer ?
fs05 is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2024, 7:54 am
  #2770  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 6
Pompey_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by fiduk
Hi Totototo , I am in the same boat where I don't want Credence to contact my current employer and have indicated this in the form. What did you do in your case? Did you provide the employment contract, letter of experience, etc. Did that work?

Many thanks
I also requested Credence not to contact my current employer. They reached out to me this week and I've sent them my current contract of employment and 3 most recent payslips. To verify your current employment they asked for either contract, offer letter, payslips or work certificates which ideally evidences your start date and job title.
Pompey_lad is offline  
Old Mar 2nd 2024, 9:11 am
  #2771  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 3
Khmar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hello everyone, been reading this thread for a while and have gotten lots of useful insights.

I have received my verbal offer from neom and uploaded all documents and my background check also already started I believe ( uploaded documents there as well).

I am planning on accepting the offer however I just found I may be pregnant. my husband was planning to move to Saudi regardless but we understood we’d have to live apart because of current accommodation availabilities. Now he still thinks we can make it work even with a baby, I am however more skeptical. Also quite concerned about how that would affect my work - I don’t want to bring this up to the recruiter but it will come out at some point when I have to get my medical. I understand that there is a hospital at neom and that maternity leave in Saudi is only 10 weeks. There is a nursery but I believe they only take kids from 6 months up. Has any of the employees actually taken maternity leave at neom? Has that affected them negatively? I understand the team I am to join is short staffed so they won’t be too happy to have me go on maternity leave not even a year after starting, even though it is really quite short. I am to join a team within finance. Just want to see how realistic/unrealistic this is. I am quite exacted about this opportunity so don’t really want to let it go without weighing all pros and cons. Any insight would be appreciated. We’ll have to consider some care options until the baby can be in the nursery too and also would it even be possible for me to just live in tabuk with my husband for a while since they don’t expect family accommodation for another 18. Months?they told me my husband can’t live with me in the studio which is fair, but we’d have to then just move once the baby comes. I know this is a mess, but i want to make it work. Too naive?
Khmar is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2024, 7:58 pm
  #2772  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 183
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Khmar
Hello everyone, been reading this thread for a while and have gotten lots of useful insights.

I have received my verbal offer from neom and uploaded all documents and my background check also already started I believe ( uploaded documents there as well).

I am planning on accepting the offer however I just found I may be pregnant. my husband was planning to move to Saudi regardless but we understood we’d have to live apart because of current accommodation availabilities. Now he still thinks we can make it work even with a baby, I am however more skeptical. Also quite concerned about how that would affect my work - I don’t want to bring this up to the recruiter but it will come out at some point when I have to get my medical. I understand that there is a hospital at neom and that maternity leave in Saudi is only 10 weeks. There is a nursery but I believe they only take kids from 6 months up. Has any of the employees actually taken maternity leave at neom? Has that affected them negatively? I understand the team I am to join is short staffed so they won’t be too happy to have me go on maternity leave not even a year after starting, even though it is really quite short. I am to join a team within finance. Just want to see how realistic/unrealistic this is. I am quite exacted about this opportunity so don’t really want to let it go without weighing all pros and cons. Any insight would be appreciated. We’ll have to consider some care options until the baby can be in the nursery too and also would it even be possible for me to just live in tabuk with my husband for a while since they don’t expect family accommodation for another 18. Months?they told me my husband can’t live with me in the studio which is fair, but we’d have to then just move once the baby comes. I know this is a mess, but i want to make it work. Too naive?
Hi Khmar.
First :congratulations on the baby! Best of luck!
There are a lot of questions in your post that I cannot answer as far as the nursery and availability of space there. Hopefully someone else on the board can help with that. The one thing I know for certain is that you are looking at a 2 hour drive each way between NC1 and Tabuk or 2 hours 40 minutes between Tabuk and Oxagon.
As you say, they are going to find out eventually. I'd just be honest with the recruiter and get a good understanding of what services are available in the communities and when they are available to you.
Cheers
BMH77 is offline  
Old Mar 8th 2024, 8:19 pm
  #2773  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 1
NEOM_oldschool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Khmar
Hello everyone, been reading this thread for a while and have gotten lots of useful insights.

I have received my verbal offer from neom and uploaded all documents and my background check also already started I believe ( uploaded documents there as well).

I am planning on accepting the offer however I just found I may be pregnant. my husband was planning to move to Saudi regardless but we understood we’d have to live apart because of current accommodation availabilities. Now he still thinks we can make it work even with a baby, I am however more skeptical. Also quite concerned about how that would affect my work - I don’t want to bring this up to the recruiter but it will come out at some point when I have to get my medical. I understand that there is a hospital at neom and that maternity leave in Saudi is only 10 weeks. There is a nursery but I believe they only take kids from 6 months up. Has any of the employees actually taken maternity leave at neom? Has that affected them negatively? I understand the team I am to join is short staffed so they won’t be too happy to have me go on maternity leave not even a year after starting, even though it is really quite short. I am to join a team within finance. Just want to see how realistic/unrealistic this is. I am quite exacted about this opportunity so don’t really want to let it go without weighing all pros and cons. Any insight would be appreciated. We’ll have to consider some care options until the baby can be in the nursery too and also would it even be possible for me to just live in tabuk with my husband for a while since they don’t expect family accommodation for another 18. Months?they told me my husband can’t live with me in the studio which is fair, but we’d have to then just move once the baby comes. I know this is a mess, but i want to make it work. Too naive?

I think one of the issues is that you may not be eligible for maternity leave in the first 12 months - not sure if this is still the applicable rules. Secondly you will start at NC2 and may work at NC1 - there is a 30/45 min bus between the camps so you have to get your head around having that distance between you two. There is day care but you need to be on a family status to get the kids into day care and sometimes this takes time. I have ladies in my team with newly borns young and a little older - the newly born sub 2 year old is a hard gig as there is very little to do. Then it depends on the team you are in - do they work like crazy? Will you be expected to travel… there is a pediatrician at the hospital he is good
NEOM_oldschool is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2024, 1:27 am
  #2774  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 5
Useraus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi everyone,
I got an offer 12 months ago and unfortunately had to turn it down due to the family accommodation wait times. Being apart from family was a deal breaker unfortunately.

The itch is still there and I’m contemplating reaching out to the hiring manager again. However I’m wondering if there has been any improvement in family accomm wait time and if family rooms are now available or nearing it? I was told at the time it would be 12 months and coincidently it’s now 12 months since my offer.

Thanks!
Useraus is offline  
Old Mar 13th 2024, 6:40 am
  #2775  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 21
gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

From what I understand it's got worse regarding families. They are pretty much only taking people as if they are single with a vague idea that their families may be able to join them in the future.
gentleben is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.