Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Feb 17th 2024, 12:14 am
Just Joined

drMobas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Anyone had their contract terminated by neom?

How was the settlement payment? All went well? Received the money back home correctly?

Thanks
Old Feb 17th 2024, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Wurry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys. Am so sorry for asking this as might be already been answered. I have recently applied for a job directly with Neom. The project is at sindalah. If I get the job, I am hoping to come with my family. I have been reading about the accommodations, I wanted to know if anyone is working in sindalah and how many locations are there for accommodation? I keep seeing NC2 and NC2. Are there any spaces for families? Also, is anybody able to live outside of camp and commute to work?
Old Feb 17th 2024, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

OilTrader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wurry
Hi guys. Am so sorry for asking this as might be already been answered. I have recently applied for a job directly with Neom. The project is at sindalah. If I get the job, I am hoping to come with my family. I have been reading about the accommodations, I wanted to know if anyone is working in sindalah and how many locations are there for accommodation? I keep seeing NC2 and NC2. Are there any spaces for families? Also, is anybody able to live outside of camp and commute to work?
I think at this point in time it is very difficult to move families. They seem to prefer people to move on a single status. Plenty of people have their family either based somewhere else in the Gulf or stay put in London
In terms of living outside of camp, I have heard of some people commuting from Tabuk to work, it is around 180km away from Neom though.
Old Feb 17th 2024, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Cold_erin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
sadly they don't consider superannuation
Oh, interesting. Also annoying!
Old Feb 17th 2024, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wurry
If I get the job, I am hoping to come with my family. I have been reading about the accommodations, I wanted to know if anyone is working in sindalah and how many locations are there for accommodation? I keep seeing NC2 and NC2. Are there any spaces for families?
I interviewed during the week and when I said I was interested in reloaction with my fam, they let me know it's NC2 only, with an approx 12 month wait for both NC1 and entry into the community school.
I also caught an insinuation that NC2 studios aren't considered particuarly suitable for families, which sounds reasonable - but quite tricky when there's nothing else.

My husband is interested in teaching at the school and I'm an infra project manager, but both of us can't work if there's no space in the school for our primary aged kid. If one adult & child stays behind in Aus, we loose the major incentive of the ability to claim tax free income.

In my Aus experience - which may not be exactly relevant, tbf - of getting workforce into remote-based roles, those relocating with families (or who marry locals) help to make remote communities relativley stable and are SO much more likely to stay because of the sheer logistics of moving a household.

Probably just grumpy I had a terrible interview 🙈
Old Feb 18th 2024, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cold_erin
I interviewed during the week and when I said I was interested in reloaction with my fam, they let me know it's NC2 only, with an approx 12 month wait for both NC1 and entry into the community school.
I also caught an insinuation that NC2 studios aren't considered particuarly suitable for families, which sounds reasonable - but quite tricky when there's nothing else.

My husband is interested in teaching at the school and I'm an infra project manager, but both of us can't work if there's no space in the school for our primary aged kid. If one adult & child stays behind in Aus, we loose the major incentive of the ability to claim tax free income.

In my Aus experience - which may not be exactly relevant, tbf - of getting workforce into remote-based roles, those relocating with families (or who marry locals) help to make remote communities relativley stable and are SO much more likely to stay because of the sheer logistics of moving a household.

Probably just grumpy I had a terrible interview 🙈
Sorry to hear about the bad interview. However, it's also positive to hear that expectations are being managed as the worst is when people are told one scenario and then arrive to something completely different. They quickly become very disenfranchised with the company.

I can imagine recruitment have been burned before by quoting timelines based on expected construction schedules which always blow out.
There are ~2000 new units at NC1 under construction and to come online this year, and there are 2 bed units. Not sure what the longterm plan for families is as they will need a much larger school. I guess the current school is at capacity as it's not very big.

This is a common theme though, they build, it quickly reaches capacity, then they build another one, always playing catch up rather than a solid forward looking masterplan. Oxagon are also building a new school this year, so that could be another option.
Old Feb 18th 2024, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Didn't know they were building a school at Oxagon.

(I specifically asn't looking at any of the projects based there because of the school situation.)
Old Feb 18th 2024, 9:38 am
Just Joined

NEOMcurious is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
sadly they don't consider superannuation, which is unfortunate as it's usually a mandatory portion of Aussies income. This does make the uplift a bit lower (in my case ~21%) and should be part of your consideration if you wish to continue contributing to super. Similarly with any bonuses.
Thanks for confirming! That is quite unfortunate, given it's a compulsory part of compensation paid by the employer in Aus.
Old Feb 18th 2024, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Hi guys can anyone help in regards to accommodation and schools in Jaddeh. My husband will be working at neom am I am thinking of moving to jaddeh with a 4 year old.
Does anyone know the cost of a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment or compound.

Any good schools apart from the British school as the cost is out of our budget.

many thanks
Old Feb 18th 2024, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cold_erin
Didn't know they were building a school at Oxagon.

(I specifically asn't looking at any of the projects based there because of the school situation.)
There is a school being built in the Southern Business Community (SBC), about 15 minutes from Oxagon. The school is scheduled to open in the second half of the year for years 1-3 with additional years being added shortly after.
Old Feb 19th 2024, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Dobleww is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

I have been silent observer of this thread.

I had my third interview today with NEOM. I am being proactive and want to make sure I don't leave out anything during salary negotiation. Following benefits have been put forward as standard:-

1. Accomodation at camps (awaiting queue)
2. School fee for dependents upto a cap
3. Ticket to home country
4. Monthly 2 flights within Saudi
5. Medical Insurance.

I have a question:-

** Is there any End of Service in contract. I have worked in Qatar before and do know that once you leave a company after a certain amount of time, they pay you a chunk based on your service years after a prescribed calculation. Does NEOM have it too?

If there is another thread for this, do let me know. I will delete this post and post it in the relevant thread.

Last edited by Dobleww; Feb 19th 2024 at 6:50 am.
Old Feb 19th 2024, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dobleww
Hello everyone,

I have been silent observer of this thread.

I had my third interview today with NEOM. I am being proactive and want to make sure I don't leave out anything during salary negotiation. Following benefits have been put forward as standard:-

1. Accomodation at camps (awaiting queue)
2. School fee for dependents upto a cap
3. Ticket to home country
4. Monthly 2 flights within Saudi
5. Medical Insurance.

I have a question:-

** Is there any End of Service in contract. I have worked in Qatar before and do know that once you leave a company after a certain amount of time, they pay you a chunk based on your service years after a prescribed calculation. Does NEOM have it too?

If there is another thread for this, do let me know. I will delete this post and post it in the relevant thread.
Yes, although it's a government thing not specifically NEOM. Half a month for each of the first 5 years then one month for each following year.
Old Feb 20th 2024, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bankai10
Hi All,

Firstly very useful forum and lots of great advice. I have some questions which I was unable to find, would be great to get some feedback.

1. School Allowance - How many children does the allowance cover?

2. I understand schooling is reimbursed after you pay. If I join 1st July, do i have to wait a full year before schooling allowance kicks in? Or say can I request reimbursement for the 1st Aug term payment?

3. What's the AC situation for NC2? Does it still get hot humid with AC during summer?

4. If you rent a car monthly to drive from NC2 to NC1 is 3k SAR a realistic estimate?

5. Can you use your holiday in conjunction with your 2 remote days a month? E.g remote work Sunday, Monday and annual leave Tue to Thurs?

6. Rough ideas on per diem for any business trips?

Thanks in advance
1 - not aware of a cap on how many children, just the aged, up to 18 years I think...

2 - I'm not familiar with the policy, but havent heard of any issues with this. Might be conditions on repaying if you leave the org.

3 - all buildings/rooms have AC. Of course it's still hot outside, especially at NC2.

4 - you can check rates with Lumi car rental. Neom employees receive 35% discount. Although looks like ~4k for a small sedan. I would recommend the bus to save the hassle of driving.

5 - yes, thankfully we can currently dovetail remote and working holiday.

6 - domestic trips can claim back expenses with receipts. International trips is a flat rate per diem. I won't share the rate since it's a confidential company policy, but in my view it's a reasonable sum.
Old Feb 20th 2024, 1:42 am
Just Joined

Hey guys if anyone has support here will be well appreciated. I have not seen anyone my a similar situation to mine been reading a few days now.

I am about to have my second stage interview tomorrow. I was told the role is a one year rolling contract with a high possibility of extending. And is not accompanied with family.
I have not gotten to the negotiation point yet but I was hoping to negotiate for medical insurance and nursery fee for one child and husband. My family will be living in Jaddeh. Whilst I stay in neom if all goes well. Or should I not even bother asking?
Old Feb 20th 2024, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Irishlad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fs05
did you give the psychometric tests ? any update would be appreciated. thx
Completed my psychometric test 7 working days before. Still waiting for an update on next steps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.