NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old May 8th 2023, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

klas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Diplo
There’s no places for kids at NCS, but you can claim back some fees for kids in fee paying schools elsewhere in the world, with some limitations.
Thanks, what limitations please?
Old May 8th 2023, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by klas
hi all

I have received a link to complete my background check today and the recruiter said that offer should follow anytime soon. However, I wonder how the school tuition fee for my kids work since I have not been asked if I have kids let alone if I will claim for school fees. My line manager expects me to start in August but my kids will stay in the UK for now and they will start school in September. I will pay the fees in August for the first term Sep-Dec. I am assuming that I should be able to claim the fee back? Anyone with some experience how this process works pls. Thks
You will not get all the fees reimbursed in your first year as you would have only been here for a portion of the year. If you arrive in September, then you will only recoup 9/12 of the allowance you are entitled to.
Old May 8th 2023, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

hi

I am doing my background check but not sure how far back I should go in terms of my jobs. I have started working more than 20 years ago not even sure if those companies exist anymore. Also, I have done consultancy jobs as freelance while working as a full time. Should I also include my freelance jobs?
Old May 8th 2023, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pkingston
You will not get all the fees reimbursed in your first year as you would have only been here for a portion of the year. If you arrive in September, then you will only recoup 9/12 of the allowance you are entitled to.
makes sense, thank you.
Old May 8th 2023, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klas
hi

I am doing my background check but not sure how far back I should go in terms of my jobs. I have started working more than 20 years ago not even sure if those companies exist anymore. Also, I have done consultancy jobs as freelance while working as a full time. Should I also include my freelance jobs?
I'd include as much as you can, but make sure that whatever was on your CV or you are using to verify compensation, is on there. The company is used to verifying experienced careers and understands that not all the places we worked still exsist.
Old May 8th 2023, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunnybaba
Hello fellow Neomians

I have just been offered a job in Neom and currently going through background checks etc

Have found this thread really useful and would like to thanks all for for their valuable contributions

Does anyone know how many mosques are there in both the camps ?
Hi Sunnybaba.
There are:
2 mosques in NC1
1 in NC2
1 in Oxagon.

Not sure about southern business, trojena or pioneer camps.
Old May 8th 2023, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Sunnybaba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi Sunnybaba.
There are:
2 mosques in NC1
1 in NC2
1 in Oxagon.

Not sure about southern business, trojena or pioneer camps.
thanks,

presumably there are barber shops on these camps too?
Old May 9th 2023, 8:30 am
Just Joined

JR1900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I am waiting NEOM to send me the documents required to submit the visa. Do you know how long is currently taking to receive the documents? Thanks
Old May 9th 2023, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

mteresa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diplo
I would seriously consider coming out with as little as possible. It depends on what grade you are coming as and what your family situation is, but generally you will move straight into a studio room in NC2 first for a number of months, potentially up to a year. There is very little space in these rooms for bringing loads of stuff. A container? No chance.

While I appreciate that you can’t leave all your stuff, there really isn’t much of an alternative. To give you an idea, the Type B rooms in NC2 have one wardrobe, a desk, and two bedside tables with two drawers. That’s it for storage. I came out with 2x 23kg bags and it fits. If I’d filled a third, I could probably have found the space for things. Any more than that, I’d be struggling. Some people do have bikes though - I assume you mean a pedal bike rather than lots of motorcycles?

Ultimately, it’s your choice, but personally I think your only real option is 2.
Thank you very much, Diplo.
After 1 year in the studio/cabin, do you know if the apartments in the 2nd year are furnished?
My idea was to ship my furniture to a warehouse in KSA to furnish the apartment in the 2nd year. But if it is already furnished like the studios and cabins, it has no sense to do a 20 feet container relocation.
Anyone is already in the apartment after 1 year in the studio/cabin? Could share some info regarding size (sq ft / sqm), furniture, and equipment in the definitive accommodation?
I have already sold one bike. I will sell my car on my last week before Neom.
No sense to pay the warehouse in my country of origin.
Trying to pack all my life in 2x23 kg suitcases.
Option 1 is discarded. You are right, I only have the option 2.
Old May 10th 2023, 7:14 am
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mteresa
Thank you very much, Diplo.
After 1 year in the studio/cabin, do you know if the apartments in the 2nd year are furnished?
My idea was to ship my furniture to a warehouse in KSA to furnish the apartment in the 2nd year. But if it is already furnished like the studios and cabins, it has no sense to do a 20 feet container relocation.
Anyone is already in the apartment after 1 year in the studio/cabin? Could share some info regarding size (sq ft / sqm), furniture, and equipment in the definitive accommodation?
I have already sold one bike. I will sell my car on my last week before Neom.
No sense to pay the warehouse in my country of origin.
Trying to pack all my life in 2x23 kg suitcases.
Option 1 is discarded. You are right, I only have the option 2.
All cabins are fully furnished. The 1 bedroom cabins in NC1 come with basic kitchen utensils crockery glasses etc They have a microwave and full size fridge, water filter, table with two chairs inside and outside furniture incl two chairs and a little table, couch which converts into a double bed, coffee table, side tables, lamps, tv, tv stand, bed, bedside tables, built in wardrobes and desk. All linen is provided.
You really only need to bring your clothes and toiletries plus any personal touches like photos from home, special tea towel, fridge magnet etc etc
Old May 10th 2023, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Sharky03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Hi mk66,
I hope you are well. I completed two interviews in March and uploaded all documents in mid April and still waiting on offer. I think I might get an offer in the next 1-2 weeks. So your situation is normal and there shouldnt be any issues with it.

Cheers
Hey I’ve been asked to upload documents. However there is no clarification on how many payslips need to be uploaded. May I ask how many you uploaded for yourself?

Thanks!
Old May 10th 2023, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Smart11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
can someone please tell if the one room unit in NC2 is good for a couple to live in? Is the bed size good enough for two people?

thanks
Old May 10th 2023, 9:29 am
Just Joined

North5300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Neom Community,

Does anybody out there have any information with Enowa projects that are underway ? Specifically any HVDC substations ? I’m not looking for employment contacts as I have that, I am looking for general information from the ground level on how things are progressing Thank you in advance

Last edited by North5300; May 10th 2023 at 9:38 am.
Old May 10th 2023, 3:00 pm
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smart11
Hello,
can someone please tell if the one room unit in NC2 is good for a couple to live in? Is the bed size good enough for two people?

thanks
There are a variety of different size rooms loosely linked to job seniority.
Old May 10th 2023, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Smart11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GNK
There are a variety of different size rooms loosely linked to job seniority.
hi GNK, can you please clarify further? Do you mean sometime they give a bigger room for couples? You have to be in a senior position to get that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.