Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old May 16th 2023, 5:22 am
  #2011  
GNK
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 22
GNK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by chriscooke
Has anyone managed to get their spouse a job at Neom?

Trying to gather as much info regarding what spouses do in Neom regarding work etc?
Lots and lots of spouses work for Neom myself included.
GNK is offline  
Old May 16th 2023, 6:25 am
  #2012  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 12
Sharky03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hello,

I am in the process of my background check. I have uploaded my documents (payslips, etc) for HR. The status on the portal says “Under Offer”.

Two questions:

1) Is the offer received after the background check is complete?
2) Are we given a provisional offer before it is approved by the HR Director or just the one final offer after all approvals?

Thanks
Sharky03 is offline  
Old May 16th 2023, 10:57 am
  #2013  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 28
aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Sharky03
Hello,

I am in the process of my background check. I have uploaded my documents (payslips, etc) for HR. The status on the portal says “Under Offer”.

Two questions:

1) Is the offer received after the background check is complete?
2) Are we given a provisional offer before it is approved by the HR Director or just the one final offer after all approvals?

Thanks
I'm also now in the "Under Offer" camp (9-10 weeks after my docs were submitted FWIW). Anyone know what "Under Offer" actually means?
aussieaggie is offline  
Old May 16th 2023, 3:23 pm
  #2014  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 8
mk66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Ver interesting - I am about 5 weeks since being asked to submit my documents pending an offer letter. No offer letter received yet! Good to know other people are in the same boat!
mk66 is offline  
Old May 16th 2023, 3:38 pm
  #2015  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 18
Mynudding is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi

I have just been advised of the successful interview outcome and yet waiting for the onboard call. Is there anyone who had negotiated for the uplift % from your current salary? I understand that the maximum you can get is 30%. However, my prospective manager advised they might start from 10% then so on and 29.99% is the maximum. Just wondering about the negotiation tactic to reach up to 30% without blowing things out

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Mynudding is offline  
Old May 16th 2023, 5:33 pm
  #2016  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 186
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by mk66
Ver interesting - I am about 5 weeks since being asked to submit my documents pending an offer letter. No offer letter received yet! Good to know other people are in the same boat!
Originally Posted by Mynudding
Hi

I have just been advised of the successful interview outcome and yet waiting for the onboard call. Is there anyone who had negotiated for the uplift % from your current salary? I understand that the maximum you can get is 30%. However, my prospective manager advised they might start from 10% then so on and 29.99% is the maximum. Just wondering about the negotiation tactic to reach up to 30% without blowing things out

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Hi all. Congrats on passing the interviews. I can't tell you what "under offer" means except that you are continuing through the hiring process... Hopefully someone else actually has a good definition here/
Next, you will more than likely have to do a background check through Hire Right where they verify that you've worked where you say you worked and -- ideally -- aren't some type of hardened criminal.
You will also need to submit a few pay slips and perhaps an employment contract so that HR can verify what you're making in your current job. From there, they will add a % on top and then give you an offer.
I'm not sure what they are doing now (it's been about a year since I've been where you are) but last year, they were giving everyone 20-30% uplift and not negotiating. If they come in lower than you expect, by all means, push back and ask for more; but, don't expect a protracted session like you can get in some other places.

Once you sign the offer letter, you will be contacted by an onboarder and they will walk you through that process, send you a link with info and a list of approved visa agents and help you figure out when to put in your notice at your current position. Once you have your visa and are ready to go, they will get your flight booked, get you access to your camp, and give you a document with the steps you need to follow to get iqama, etc.
This may take some time. Hang in there.

BMH77 is offline  
Old May 16th 2023, 10:45 pm
  #2017  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 13
smarties07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi. Asking for a friend who is not on this forum - where is the best place to check for jobs at NEOM? He is in HR. I have forwarded the official NEOM website. Any where else he should look? Thanks.
smarties07 is offline  
Old May 16th 2023, 10:49 pm
  #2018  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 2
nomadsam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

FYI - MEDICAL REPORT | KSA Visa Application

Please note that Al Baraha Smart Medical Centre’s Medical Report is apparently the only report which will be accepted at VFS Wafi Mall, Dubai. The Al Nadha Occupational Health Centre Report were rejected earlier today.

Cost: AED 385 ( 24 - 48hours turn around time)
Attestation: AED +300 (by other, same day if submitted before 11:30am)
nomadsam is offline  
Old May 17th 2023, 12:59 am
  #2019  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 186
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by smarties07
Hi. Asking for a friend who is not on this forum - where is the best place to check for jobs at NEOM? He is in HR. I have forwarded the official NEOM website. Any where else he should look? Thanks.
The careers section of neom.com and the jobs tab for Neom on linkedin.com have most of the jobs that are open right now. A few specialized jobs are held by recruiters but that number is much lower than in the past.
Good luck!
BMH77 is offline  
Old May 17th 2023, 1:44 am
  #2020  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 6
cuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by BMH77
Safe travels, Cuffer.
Thanks BMH77
cuffer is offline  
Old May 17th 2023, 3:02 am
  #2021  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 13
smarties07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by BMH77
The careers section of neom.com and the jobs tab for Neom on linkedin.com have most of the jobs that are open right now. A few specialized jobs are held by recruiters but that number is much lower than in the past.
Good luck!
Thank you BMH77!
smarties07 is offline  
Old May 17th 2023, 3:03 am
  #2022  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 13
smarties07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi. Car question - how is easy (if at all) is it to hire a car in NEOM? Thanks.
smarties07 is offline  
Old May 17th 2023, 4:55 am
  #2023  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 69
Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Very, You download an app and book on there. There are car hire offices on NC1 and NC2.
Diplo is offline  
Old May 17th 2023, 12:37 pm
  #2024  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 50
Smart11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Diplo
Very, You download an app and book on there. There are car hire offices on NC1 and NC2.
hello,

is it free to hire car or do we have to pay?
Smart11 is offline  
Old May 17th 2023, 5:21 pm
  #2025  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 69
Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Smart11
hello,

is it free to hire car or do we have to pay?
Nothing in life is free! You have to pay, but you do get a good discount for being at NEOM.
Diplo is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.