Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old May 18th 2023, 6:08 am
Just Joined

bigspudds is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Electx
I m. Surprised to see that exactly the same thing is being said to prospective employees in 2023 too. Really worried about whole thing. Very excited about job but family situation seems to be getting out of control
June 2023, HR are still being vague about the availability of proper one bed, Two bed family units and school space. Current expectation given the muppets involved, will be at least a year, but dont hold your breath. Expect to be underwhelmed and you'll be fine. My family will reamin in UAE as a result. of this,
Old May 18th 2023, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Ldn2Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATEj

Originally Posted by bigspudds
June 2023, HR are still being vague about the availability of proper one bed, Two bed family units and school space. Current expectation given the muppets involved, will be at least a year, but dont hold your breath. Expect to be underwhelmed and you'll be fine. My family will reamin in UAE as a result. of this,
It’s hard to figure out what’s going on. My wife had been really keen and although not actually offered a job, the signs were good and all the vibes were she’d get everything she asked for. But then everyone cooled when talk of our kids coming, it was almost like they didn’t want a family, just her. So, we’re looking now at other KSA jobs that are more amenable to families.
Old May 20th 2023, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Sharky03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi,

Is anyone here from Canada who has gone through the Visa process and is willing to chat?

Thanks!
Old May 20th 2023, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

JR1900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

To drive in Saudi Arabia it is required that the driving license is converted to a Saudi Arabia one? Do you know the process? Do we keep the driving license from our original country?

thanks
Old May 20th 2023, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JR1900
Hi,

To drive in Saudi Arabia it is required that the driving license is converted to a Saudi Arabia one? Do you know the process? Do we keep the driving license from our original country?

thanks
To drive a Neom car, you will need a KSA DL. Rentals, it depends on the company, but usually you can use your home DL for a short term rental. You will not be able to take the car out of country, though.

General process for the license:
- Get your Iqama
- If your DL is not in arabic, you will get it translated by the chamber of commerce (there are other ways, but the CoC is always accepted by the MoT)
- You get a blood test (yes, another)
- Make an appointment through the Absher app
- Go to Tabuk to get your DL

Of course like many things here, this process may change. Also, there are expeditors around who might be able to help. You will pay a fee in addition to the DL fee, but it can be a time saver. Once you're here (if you're not already) ask around.
Old May 20th 2023, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Smart11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Does someone make use of two domestic flights that Neom gives every month? I wanted to ask how easy it is to book flights and also if it is easy to actually catch a flight on Thursdays? I mean if someone is working on Thursday, is it possible to end your day at 5 o clock and still catch a flight from Neom Bay airport. How far is the airport from NC1/NC2 and how long it takes to get there?
Old May 20th 2023, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smart11
Hello,
Does someone make use of two domestic flights that Neom gives every month? I wanted to ask how easy it is to book flights and also if it is easy to actually catch a flight on Thursdays? I mean if someone is working on Thursday, is it possible to end your day at 5 o clock and still catch a flight from Neom Bay airport. How far is the airport from NC1/NC2 and how long it takes to get there?
1) It is easy to book flights. There is an app you use that is connected to Neom HR that will validate you are eligible and will then direct bill Neom. Best advice is to book at least a week in advance. Some of the flights can fill up quickly.
2) There is a bus service between the camps and the airport (and vice versa on return). I haven't heard of anyone having any trouble leaving to catch the bus to the airport.
3) Travel time is about 35 minutes from NC1, 40 minutes from NC2 , and 80 minutes from Oxagon.
Old May 21st 2023, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Smart11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
1) It is easy to book flights. There is an app you use that is connected to Neom HR that will validate you are eligible and will then direct bill Neom. Best advice is to book at least a week in advance. Some of the flights can fill up quickly.
2) There is a bus service between the camps and the airport (and vice versa on return). I haven't heard of anyone having any trouble leaving to catch the bus to the airport.
3) Travel time is about 35 minutes from NC1, 40 minutes from NC2 , and 80 minutes from Oxagon.
Thanks a lot BMH77
Old May 21st 2023, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Traikoff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

My name is Filip and I got an offer to move to Neom and work for Nesma United Industries. They have offered me accommodation or an accommodation allowance. I have tried to check the prices for the 1 bedroom cabins but I'm having a hard time finding anything online.

Are there any available? Anyone else works for Nesma that is willing to share some experiences about the company?

I have lived in Qatar and Dubai previously, so more or less I know what to expect lifestyle wise and I have also made peace that I will be living in an area that is under development and there aren't a lot of exciting things around.

Thank you
Old May 21st 2023, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Hi All,
I've just had a recruiter contact me on LinkedIn about a role. So now i am reading all these pages

One thing i have picked up on is that the offer is based on your current salary - now i am a day rate contractor with my own Ltd company and therefore use dividends as a more tax efficient way to get money out of the company.

Does anyone have any idea if they will be looking at my Day Rate - or what actually pay myself? - because the title Senior Manager suggests band 7 ( from what i have been reading) and my Day Rate isn't much different from what it looks like this band attracts?

thanks for any insight anyone may have
Old May 21st 2023, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Zak90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Depressed soul here.

I've been applying for a number of roles on this project and just seem to be having no luck. Did have an interview with a PMC who were also on the project but that hasn't materialised and I'm back to square one.

I've tried multiple different people connected to Neom via LinkedIn but again I have never recieved any response.

I mean for me, money (whilst a decent lubricator) isn't even a factor. I just want to work on this type of project.

Has anyone ever had a recruiter who contacted them? Or is anyone able to DM details of recruiters they have been successful with?

Last edited by Zak90; May 21st 2023 at 9:08 am.
Old May 21st 2023, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DeepSix
Hi All,
I've just had a recruiter contact me on LinkedIn about a role. So now i am reading all these pages

One thing i have picked up on is that the offer is based on your current salary - now i am a day rate contractor with my own Ltd company and therefore use dividends as a more tax efficient way to get money out of the company.

Does anyone have any idea if they will be looking at my Day Rate - or what actually pay myself? - because the title Senior Manager suggests band 7 ( from what i have been reading) and my Day Rate isn't much different from what it looks like this band attracts?

Hi DeepSix.
I had a similar situation as I was coming here from a consulting partnership and we did the same sort of thing. It took a few calls with the Neom recruiter and some extra documentation but I ended up getting paid at my billable rate. Just be prepared to spend a little more time working through it and finding the right combination of docs.
Good luck!
Old May 21st 2023, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi DeepSix.
I had a similar situation as I was coming here from a consulting partnership and we did the same sort of thing. It took a few calls with the Neom recruiter and some extra documentation but I ended up getting paid at my billable rate. Just be prepared to spend a little more time working through it and finding the right combination of docs.
Good luck!
BMH77, thank you for all your responses on this forum to everyone, very detailed, very informative and very very helpful. Its not easy to give your time to respond to unknown people. All the best mate!!!
Old May 21st 2023, 7:19 pm
Krb
Just Joined

Krb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeepSix
Hi All,

Hi,

You will be asked to prove your day rate (based upon current contract / client invoices). This day rate will then be calculated into an annual salary. I.e day rate x 40 weeks per year (or something very similar). Please note that if your salary is then too high / expensive due to the role, Neom will negotiate a lower rate with you.

This happened to me as a day rate contractor. The 25% plus current salary doesn’t always apply and your final offer will hennaed upon your current salary and the max that the role is offering.

Old May 21st 2023, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Thanks all for the replies
Good to know that they at least understand how people with Ltd companies actually work when it comes to getting their money (This is not understood in Taiwan ).

I also sort of got the impression that - you cant break the top of the band - if the role is a Senior manager but your current pay puts you at director level - - tough
So what i thought looks like its the reality. Obviously a tax free salary has to be looked at in that contact - - not having the government top slice you - may make up for the differences.

I'm also curious as to how they will go about doing background checks - i work for myself? A lot of the projects i work on are joint ventures setup purely to build the project and then a new company is formed to take over once built. So I'm not too sure who they are going to be trying to contact

Anyway - i will cross that bridge once the process gets to it - - still very early doors at the moment and I'm in a nice contract at the moment so not desperate to get it all done by tomorrow.

thanks all for your help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.