Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jun 12th 2023, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by P3t3r
Hi Ace - The onboarding process is decent. It’s when you arrive to NEOM that it falls a part simply because they do not have enough capabilities to handle the load of new joiners. It’s why we all need to help one another.

For NC2 accommodation, there are A cabins which are 1BR reserved for couples and executive directors and higher. However, some directors were recently moved into A cabins at NC2 simply because there is a strain on housing and relocating people to NC1. There are B and C cabins for everyone else which is just a room. You cannot call it a studio as there is no place to cook. The camp has doubled in size and changed since this video, but this is what I watched prior to my arrival: (b/c I haven't made many posts, I can't post the URL but look up "NEOM Community 2 (NC2)" video by PK Tube).

I also want to add that the cabins are better than expected and Community Services does a great job of actioning feedback and trying to make it like glamping rather than camping. NC2 community is much closer with great spirit. The food is really good, so don’t plan on losing any weight. Gym is outfitted with the latest equipment.

Come in knowing that it isn’t perfect, but then again, no job is; however, don’t come in and instantly start complaining about everything. You’re well compensated, it’s an adventure and you’re at the start of something that has never been done before. Basically – come with an open mind.
Are people for Oxagon also housed here? or do they have their own camp and is it of a similar standard ie for most of us - - its a serviced hotel room
Old Jun 12th 2023, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Ace 101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi P3t3r - Thank you for your kind reply. I have watched the you tube video, thanks. I am assuming that everyone in NC2 (B and C cabins is on a wait list in that case).
So how does everyone get to the office and gym? and how far are the offices I am assuming they are not walking distance? And as for the schools I understand no places available but I am hoping one can add the name to the wait list at least? and is the school in NC1 or NC2 ? I have heard no places available in primary but for upper years and secondary there are places. Anyone of the forum with kids please can you shed light? Thank's in advance
Old Jun 12th 2023, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

P3t3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Oxagon has it's own camp and the cabins are 1BR and far nicer than NC2. The downside is that you're much more remote, but the views are amazing. All communities are growing and offer their own pros/cons but I would say that the best housing is hands down Oxagon.
Old Jun 12th 2023, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P3t3r
Oxagon has it's own camp and the cabins are 1BR and far nicer than NC2. The downside is that you're much more remote, but the views are amazing. All communities are growing and offer their own pros/cons but I would say that the best housing is hands down Oxagon.
FYI -- Oxagon is also at capacity right now and has colleagues living in Southern Business Community (SBC) and either in -- or going to be moved to -- apartments in Duba.
There is construction in SBC to build to accommodate both Oxagon employees and Neom Green Hydrogen employees, though.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

oh well - - i am a ways off needing accommodation so i can only hope they have built capacity before i get there
Old Jun 13th 2023, 4:54 am
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ausspouse
Hi GNK,
Hope you're well
I'm guessing you moved from Australia?
My husband has just arrived in NEOM (from AUS) and we are getting the ball rolling to get me over on his Iqama, so I'm reaching out to see how long the process was to get you over there?
The information available is a little vague so would like to manage our expectations
Thanks!
Hello,
Yes we came from Australia. My husband went first and we followed 5 months later. We probably could have gone sooner but we waited for school term to finish.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 5:56 am
Just Joined

PIHCHOX is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear NEOM Community,
I have just received my work visa and ready to move to NEOM. I think I figured out most issues, except how to bring my little Yorkshire Terrier. He is a small 10 year-old quiet companion. At the beginning of the process, my HR person made it sound like it would be a simple process, but now that I have received the plane ticket for 4th of July, I feel completely lost and not sure who to ask for help. Can someone provide some pointers to help me bring my little buddy? FYI: I currently live in California and will fly via NYC and Riyadh. I will be arriving with my wife on 6th of July and hope to bring my one little dog. We have been assigned NC2 studio. We know it will be tiny, but we hope to move to a one bedroom in the future. Thank you!!
Old Jun 13th 2023, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Ausspouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GNK
Hello,
Yes we came from Australia. My husband went first and we followed 5 months later. We probably could have gone sooner but we waited for school term to finish.
Thanks for getting back to me, that's good to know. I'm trying to get there asap so hopefully it will be quicker.
In terms of getting his documents attested for your invitation letter, did your husband have to fly to Riyadh? That's what mine is being told but surely there's a more efficient way
Old Jun 14th 2023, 2:08 am
Just Joined

tiredarchie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I'm a new member to the forum looking for some insights regarding NEOM. At this stage in the process I am uploading my documents in order to receive the formal offer, which has been presented "informally." The recruiter said the expectation would likely be for me to be on site around september/october.

I was wondering if anyone could share their views on two topics:

- I've noticed it's quite difficult to find a lot of information online or on social media from people working at NEOM, at least much scarcer than what I would expect for a megaproject with thousands of employees on site. This forum is one of the few places I have found. I have seen Siselarabia on Instagram (I think she has been mentioned before) but she seems to be in an HR position and obviously transmits a very rosy picture of everything happening at NEOM. Does anyone have other sources for candid accounts of what it's like at NEOM, or perhaps information about NDAs or other restrictions that would explain this lack of media?

- As a LGBT person, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could offer insights about inclusivity within the NEOM work environment. I am well aware of Saudi Arabia's position on all of this and of the relative risks of living in that country. My sexuality is a part of my identity, not its totality, and accepting a position at NEOM is the result of analyzing financial and professional gain versus a potential reduction in personal liberties during a period of my life. I think this is true of most NEOM employees, who, in general, accept generous salaries in exchange for geographical isolation. Everyone is making a sacrifice of one kind or another. I am about as discreet at they come, but it would be useful to know beforehand if discussing any aspect of that part of my personal life is inadvisable, even among expats and coworkers, or if there is a degree of permissiveness within the NEOM community.

Thank you.

Old Jun 14th 2023, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Brendon_dxb is an unknown quantity at this point
Question re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi. I find this portal to be incredibly valuable, and I am grateful for the valuable advice shared by everyone here. Presently, I am undergoing a screening process with Neom and have provided my current employment contract and pay slip. However, as I did not grant consent to contact my current employer, the screening company is now requesting an experience certificate, which is typically issued as a recommendation letter after resigning from a position. While I am still awaiting the offer, I am curious to know if anyone else has encountered a similar situation where providing an experience letter is not possible. Thanks.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Totototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,

any one has any feedback on the background check company called “Credence”? they’ve contacted me for my background check.

Thanks
Old Jun 14th 2023, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Totototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brendon_dxb
Hi. I find this portal to be incredibly valuable, and I am grateful for the valuable advice shared by everyone here. Presently, I am undergoing a screening process with Neom and have provided my current employment contract and pay slip. However, as I did not grant consent to contact my current employer, the screening company is now requesting an experience certificate, which is typically issued as a recommendation letter after resigning from a position. While I am still awaiting the offer, I am curious to know if anyone else has encountered a similar situation where providing an experience letter is not possible. Thanks.
hi

which company is performing the screening?
have you stated that you can’t provide an experience letter at this point? (Being still employed)
if yes what did they say?

thanks
Old Jun 14th 2023, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Ausspouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PIHCHOX
Dear NEOM Community,
I have just received my work visa and ready to move to NEOM. I think I figured out most issues, except how to bring my little Yorkshire Terrier. He is a small 10 year-old quiet companion. At the beginning of the process, my HR person made it sound like it would be a simple process, but now that I have received the plane ticket for 4th of July, I feel completely lost and not sure who to ask for help. Can someone provide some pointers to help me bring my little buddy? FYI: I currently live in California and will fly via NYC and Riyadh. I will be arriving with my wife on 6th of July and hope to bring my one little dog. We have been assigned NC2 studio. We know it will be tiny, but we hope to move to a one bedroom in the future. Thank you!!
It could be a good idea to follow some of the popular accounts on Instagram, some of them post photos of pets (mainly dogs) in the community so you could reach out to see which pet relocation services they use?
Old Jun 15th 2023, 2:32 am
Just Joined

JR1900 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am travelling to NEOM in 2 weeks but I still haven’t received any information regarding the accommodation. At what stage I will be informed about the accommodation assigned?

Also, do you know how the neom insurance works for spouses based abroad?

thanks
Old Jun 16th 2023, 12:39 am
Just Joined

2bgr8 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was sent a Welcome email from Community Housing the day before my flight, but they could/would not tell me my cabin number until I actually got here. As we arrived at camp we were taken straight to the Housing office and given keys. I assume you will be housed in NC2. Within a few days of your arrival, you should attend the New Joiners meeting. HR will be able to help you with regard to the insurance for dependents abroad.

Originally Posted by JR1900
I am travelling to NEOM in 2 weeks but I still haven’t received any information regarding the accommodation. At what stage I will be informed about the accommodation assigned?

Also, do you know how the neom insurance works for spouses based abroad?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.