NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jul 5th 2022, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

PaulF1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Scott78
how long did you background check take? You are a bit ahead of me in the process. My background check started 2 weeks ago

Cheers,
It took around 6 weeks for me. From what I hear it can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks.
Old Jul 5th 2022, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Amoori is an unknown quantity at this point

NIC stands for Neom Industry City which is Oxagon
Old Jul 5th 2022, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Tommo41234 is an unknown quantity at this point

WARNING to all people trying to get your visa processed in NZ/AUS. I used CLS Capital Link Services as my agent who gave me a quote (in writing) for the full cost of the visa, excluding Saudi Embassy fees ($42) and credit card fees. On completion of the visa they gave me an invoice for almost double what was quoted and indicated the increases don't matter as NEOM will reimburse me.

They made no mention of the costs over and above the quote at any stage of the process. They then held my passport till I paid.

Unfortunately as I'm leaving to NEOM shortly I could not dispute them in court and had no option but to pay.

All I can do is let everyone here know to avoid them and you will have more of your relocation allowance left over for other relocation costs.

Last edited by Tommo41234; Jul 5th 2022 at 8:25 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2022, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tommo41234
WARNING to all people trying to get your visa processed in NZ/AUS. I used CLS Capital Link Services as my agent who gave me a quote (in writing) for the full cost of the visa, excluding Saudi Embassy fees ($42) and credit card fees. On completion of the visa they gave me an invoice for almost double what was quoted was and indicated the increases don't matter as NEOM will reimburse me.

They made no mention of the costs over and above the quote at any stage of the process. They then held my passport as ransom till I paid.

Unfortunately as I'm leaving to NEOM shortly I could not dispute them in court and had no option but to pay.

All I can do is let everyone here know to avoid them and you will have more of your relocation allowance left over for other relocation costs.
That's rubbish, what was the reason given for the increase? If you didn't have something in writing from them saying they could increase it, then you can still take them to the small claims court. I would do personally, just so they learn they can't do that again!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 5th 2022 at 7:52 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2022, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Tommo41234 is an unknown quantity at this point

They claimed the medical report was not included in the quote but there was a charge on the quote for "NZ medical report to the requirements of KSA work Visa." for $1,380. The quote was also dated 30th April and the medical report was completed on the 19th April. So the medical report was certainly known at the time and even mentioned on the invoice. It was also never mentioned in the "exclusions to the quote" section.

The NZ branch (where the visa was processed) of CLS produced the quote. I then ended up dealing with the agents at the Australian branch at the very end of the process (who are the owners of the NZ branch) who I assume were not happy with the quote and tried anything they could to bump up it up realising I urgently needed my passport back.
Old Jul 5th 2022, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

NeomSands is an unknown quantity at this point

WARNING to all people trying to get your visa processed in NZ/AUS. I used CLS Capital Link Services as my agent who gave me a quote (in writing) for the full cost of the visa, excluding Saudi Embassy fees ($42) and credit card fees. On completion of the visa they gave me an invoice for almost double what was quoted and indicated the increases don't matter as NEOM will reimburse me.

They made no mention of the costs over and above the quote at any stage of the process. They then held my passport as ransom till I paid.

Sounds like Neom HR Dept need to be made aware!
Old Jul 5th 2022, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

NeomSands is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulF1981
Hi,
From the stories I heard about degree attestation it may be quicker as you suggest, to get the degree attested in Dubai and then visit Badr to get same day attestation. It took about a week to receive my attested in UAE, I used a service in Abu Dhabi when I joined my current employer almost 3 years ago. My Neom background check cleared last week, now I have to get my degree attested (plan to do it today or tomorrow) but then I have to wait for Neom HR to send me an attested contract so I can then visit VFS and send everything back to Neom, along with my medical test. HR onboarding told me to hold off on medical for now, and wait until VFS tells you which facility to visit. I have tentative start date at Neom end of September so I'm hoping all this happens soon. I know next week is a holiday so not expecting anything to get until after EID.
Thanks, I'll do that... can you share the fees that VFS charge and what is included for that?
Old Jul 6th 2022, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

They claimed the medical report was not included in the quote but there was a charge on the quote for "NZ medical report to the requirements of KSA work Visa." for $1,380. The quote was also dated 30th April and the medical report was completed on the 19th April. So the medical report was certainly known at the time and even mentioned on the invoice. It was also never mentioned in the "exclusions to the quote" section.

The NZ branch (where the visa was processed) of CLS produced the quote. I then ended up dealing with the agents at the Australian branch at the very end of the process (who are the owners of the NZ branch) who I assume were not happy with the quote and tried anything they could to bump up it up realising I urgently needed my passport back.
thanks for the information, I’m in NZ, my background check is being assessed now, good to know!

Cheers,
Old Jul 6th 2022, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Hibaalwen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone
Great feed, keep it up.

I am being recruited for a Lead Procurement position, however they said that my visa would be under a 3rd party consultant not directly with Neom. The salary is being processed the same way as Neom ( % on top of my previous salary ) but they are saying that the visa will not be with them directly. Do you guys know the drawbacks of this. Is this negociable? Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2022, 7:46 am
Q&A

SJM2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am using the recommended Dubai agency that NEOM advised me to use at a cost, but I see on this forum that some people are doing the attestation, medical and visa process themselves. Is that correct?
Old Jul 7th 2022, 9:37 am
Just Joined

raf4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Any recently employed as a teacher on here? If you don’t mind please DM me. I have some onboarding experience queries.

Many thanks,
Raf

Last edited by raf4; Jul 7th 2022 at 10:30 am.
Old Jul 7th 2022, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
SEE ABOVE
Where do you get the water for the water dispenser? Is it ldelivered or you have to buy it yourself?
Old Jul 7th 2022, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Does the Riyadh opportunity note any annual bonus potential? NEOM says that a bonus of up to 30% of salary may be paid per annum.
Also, NEOM provides full healthcare, savings plan, school fees (if you need), monthly travel allowance within KSA, and food, laundry, housekeeping provided.
Hi, just read in the KSA Labor Law about the 10% Social Insurance Tax (occupational hazard) that non Saudi employees have to pay.
Do you know if this is applicable to everybody or only to certain employees?
Old Jul 7th 2022, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Nuggerz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chrisreak
Hi, just read in the KSA Labor Law about the 10% Social Insurance Tax (occupational hazard) that non Saudi employees have to pay.
Do you know if this is applicable to everybody or only to certain employees?
I just googled this out of interest and came across a PWC page which sounded like the non-Saudi tax is paid by employer? It won’t let me link but snip is below

Social insurance contributions are paid monthly based on the monthly basic salary plus housing (paid or in kind) with an upper limit of SAR 45,000, are computed at 2% for non-Saudi employees (note that this is not social insurance, it is occupational hazard), and are paid by the employer
Old Jul 11th 2022, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Claud123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott78
thanks for the information, I’m in NZ, my background check is being assessed now, good to know!

Cheers,

I was quoted $5000 AUD for the whole process inc medicals thus seemed expensive to be a post man ...im based in Bahrain CLS told me to fly back to oz
to carryout everything which was not correct i can do application through VFS in Bahrain because i still have residency here, CLS seem to be a bit of a ripoff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.