Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jul 11th 2022, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Saudiexplorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Are most people wearing chinos to work and black shoes/deck shoes or do most people wear smart trainers?
Old Jul 12th 2022, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

versial is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anshjo3
Hello everyone, has any spouse able to successfully get a full-time role even after arriving in Neom? Will Neom able to convert spouse visa to work iqama?
I believe that there's a spouse programme but would like to try to get a full-time position if I can. Husband is already in Neom and we are about to join him this August. I don't think there'll be enough time for me to find a role between now and August. Tia
I would also like to understand this if anyone has experience or, conversely, of their spouse continuing in their current role remotely from within KSA?

thanks!
Old Jul 13th 2022, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

ProjectsPete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hibaalwen
Hello Everyone
Great feed, keep it up.

I am being recruited for a Lead Procurement position, however they said that my visa would be under a 3rd party consultant not directly with Neom. The salary is being processed the same way as Neom ( % on top of my previous salary ) but they are saying that the visa will not be with them directly. Do you guys know the drawbacks of this. Is this negociable? Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
This sounds like you're being taken on as supplementary manpower. The agency who you're contracted with supply you to Neom who pay your salary through the agency. Full time employees at Neom get more benefits and longer contracts so really read the small print.
Old Jul 13th 2022, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ProjectsPete
Full time employees at Neom get more benefits and longer contracts so really read the small print.
The SMPs come with different contracts, and benefits differ. Those I've spoken to, have to pay for their own accommodation and food. But those might be covered under your contract, so it all depends. For reference, lunch at the dining hall for external guests is 125 SAR I've heard. But there are other alternatives, food trucks for example.

Last edited by Gulf_European; Jul 13th 2022 at 6:07 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2022, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

How does the dining hall work? For Neom direct employees. From the videos it looks like Buffet style, is it just self service or is it set menus?
Is it just one food hall? Do the school kids eat in the same food hall as workers? or is there a food hall in the school as well?
Are the food trucks expensive?
Do you eat every meal in the food hall? or are you buying stuff and cooking in your unit at all?
Is Drinking Water available? or do you have to buy it from the supermarket?
Old Jul 16th 2022, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Appleton1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, really appreciative of all the information shared on this fantastic forum. I have a question with regards to how people leverage their remote working days so as to maximise time spent with family living outside of the Kingdom; I understand everyone is entitled to 24 days remote working every year which can be taken in 5 day chunks. Please can anyone let me know how they have managed to distribute this throughout the year? For example if I choose to see my family every month, my remote working days will run out at the end of 5 months. Have are you all utilising these days? Thank you.
Old Jul 17th 2022, 1:39 am
Just Joined

PeterG39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thanks for the valuable information provided here.

I am reading this thread since I was contacted by a recruiter regards an opportunity in NEOM. It sounded like a great project and I proceeded with the application so I am expected to land in NEOM soon.

However, I came across this Bloomberg article today and was wondering if you have any thoughts on it?

Unfortunately, I am not able to share the link as this is my first post, but please see below the title of the above mentioned article.

“MBS’s $500 Billion Desert Dream Just Keeps Getting Weirder”

Old Jul 17th 2022, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Appleton1
Hi all, really appreciative of all the information shared on this fantastic forum. I have a question with regards to how people leverage their remote working days so as to maximise time spent with family living outside of the Kingdom; I understand everyone is entitled to 24 days remote working every year which can be taken in 5 day chunks. Please can anyone let me know how they have managed to distribute this throughout the year? For example if I choose to see my family every month, my remote working days will run out at the end of 5 months. Have are you all utilising these days? Thank you.
I might be wrong but my understanding was that you can only use up to a maximum of five days at a time. Eg you can’t use all twenty in one go but you are able use less than five as you please.
Old Jul 17th 2022, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PeterG39
Hi all,

Thanks for the valuable information provided here.

I am reading this thread since I was contacted by a recruiter regards an opportunity in NEOM. It sounded like a great project and I proceeded with the application so I am expected to land in NEOM soon.

However, I came across this Bloomberg article today and was wondering if you have any thoughts on it?

Unfortunately, I am not able to share the link as this is my first post, but please see below the title of the above mentioned article.

“MBS’s $500 Billion Desert Dream Just Keeps Getting Weirder”

only one way to find out - I feel this thread is very informative and shows both sides. My interview process was also very open in terms of the good the bad and the ugly. I’ll find out for sure once I am out there as I fly out this week and starting next week but plenty of happy people here.

I’ve flicked through the article and it’s got a lot of detail I didn’t know about tbh but generically all about how hard the current ideas will be to fulfil.

Last edited by Laguna_1; Jul 17th 2022 at 10:43 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Real Sosobad is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone aware of how long it typically takes HR to provide a support letter for the degree attestation process? I have been waiting weeks and just checking this is the norm?
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Real Sosobad
Anyone aware of how long it typically takes HR to provide a support letter for the degree attestation process? I have been waiting weeks and just checking this is the norm?
No idea. What is that?
Nothing from on boarding or HR happens quickly. No idea what that do or why everything that's so long!
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 10:30 am
Just Joined

For UK passport holders, we need a support letter from HR as part of the documentation for the degree attestation. Got all the documents ready but A1 Visa Services cannot process until the support letter is provided so just a tad frustrating
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Real Sosobad
From my understanding, July is not the most efficient month there: first, they had the entire last week off due to Eid and second, most people probably take vacation plus 5 remote days around that time.
I have been waiting for some Visa supporting documents for more than a month now - my onboarder went MIA pretty much since June, so I decided to let them enjoy their holiday for one more week and will follow up closer to August.
Somebody wrote in one of the threads that every time they physically go to HR there is nobody there, so I do not think there is any point of contacting them now...
So stay positive, hopefully things will start moving somewhere in the next couple of weeks, cuz I presume people will start coming back from vacation.

Last edited by Chrisreak; Jul 22nd 2022 at 11:04 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks both for the positive advice - will keep plugging away !
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Onboarding has been super inefficient for me too ; everything was agreed for a starting date of Sunday 23rd July but due to HR not pulling their finger out im left waiting for the flights
to be booked up even until the morning of my supposed outbound flights. Various internal chases of Hr by my boss but to no avail.

It doesn’t help that most of them don’t have their out of offices on so you don’t know whom is in or out and even when they are in ; they might as well be out of office because as you say there pretty much MIA.

clearly frustrating for everyone waiting for different elements of their onboarding to be complete. I’m pretty used to the delays now but I would say don’t expect anything to go to Plan and you’ll be alright lol.

I had arranged everything to be vacated house, car etc etc but have rewinded that back and luckily managed to get my current accommodation longer as otherwise wouldn’t have a place to stay. (Had arranged my existing accommodation to rent).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.