NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jun 29th 2022, 7:18 am
Just Joined

mnawaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Claud123
Hi All I was made an offer by Neom after interview as an X amount after back ground check has been cleared. They've then provide me via on boarding team the Employment contract (Riyadh Chamber) attested at a Y lower amount per month ...the contract is for visa application, I've issued an email back to the HR Manager waiting for answer.
Has anybody faced this with the onboarding process?
Agreed with Evilbungle. The two should match. Pretty positive your onboarding contact should be able to get that resolved for you. Best wishes.
Old Jun 29th 2022, 7:20 am
Just Joined

mnawaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
This matches with my experience as well, Thankfully I didn't resign when they asked me to as otherwise I would be out of work in a couple of weeks or so, I was offered the role about 8 weeks ago but found out that I couldn't get my degree attested as it is from the OU which is not accepted in Saudi, I asked Neom for a Degree Exemption letter which came in English about a week later, The visa Agency asked for an Arabic version which I asked Neom for and that came back about 3 weeks after that. I sent the Arabic translation to the Agency only to be told that it was the degree attestation letter, not the exemption letter. I then requested the Degree Exemption letter again in Arabic and was told (by another onboarder) that it would come that week but the next week they told me that my regular onboarder was back and would handle it. I then recieved all the other documents I needed along with a note asking how I was getting on with my Degree Attestation. I explained again that I was just waiting on the Degree Exemption letter in Arabic and they said it was requested and they will send it through when it arrives - That was last week.

As you pointed out they are seriously busy but there definitely seems to be a lot of issues with the process but it has now been over a month since I recieved the degree exemption letter in English and the Arabic version is the last thing I need for my Visa.

Also half way through this process they sent me a message saying that my role was now an agency roll and as such I would not qualify for relocation or accomodation - after several messages backwards and forward and reaching back out to the employment agency that first contacted me I was told the original email was sent in error - I think the fact a simple miss sent email took so long to resolve shows just how busy they must be, I don't know how big the team are but I definitely feel like they need more support to make it go smoothly.
Thank you for sharing this, I'm going through a similar experience. Hopefully, they'll issue the correct letter in Arabic to move the process forward for you.
Old Jun 29th 2022, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Claud123 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks folks for your advise I've issued my comments to the onboarding member - I was thinking maybe the chambers contract is not the final and only
for visa processing
Old Jun 29th 2022, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Anshjo3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, has any spouse able to successfully get a full-time role even after arriving in Neom? Will Neom able to convert spouse visa to work iqama?
I believe that there's a spouse programme but would like to try to get a full-time position if I can. Husband is already in Neom and we are about to join him this August. I don't think there'll be enough time for me to find a role between now and August. Tia
Old Jun 30th 2022, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thorshammer
I connected with a few folks working at Neom on LinkedIn, and they were all hired by recruiters/head hunters. Does anyone have a contact you can DM who's recruiting for Neom's land mobility team?
You mentioned in March that you were interviewing with the mobility team. Did that not happen or did you not hear back from them?
If you got an interview already, recruiters probably wont help you much as they can only present your CV to HR and the team.
Old Jun 30th 2022, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

PaulF1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have any experience going to Badr in Dubai to get their degree attested? Is the process quick? I plan to get this done sometime next week.

Last edited by PaulF1981; Jun 30th 2022 at 10:50 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2022, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Adie5010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, for those who had a third interview what was it about ? Formal? Informal ? Duration ?

thanks a lot for your feedback !
Old Jul 1st 2022, 7:27 am
Just Joined

menaadventure is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulF1981
Anyone have any experience going to Badr in Dubai to get their degree attested? Is the process quick? I plan to get this done sometime next week.
He is absolutely amazing! Most pleasant/helpful high level diplomat I’ve ever met. I had to wait for him to finish the prayer first, and had 2-3 cups of Arabic coffee and talked about my life and given warning that Saudi doesn’t have a club and party etc. Then he asked staffs to proceed my attestation. I went twice and each visit took like 30-40 mins, and I got it on the same day.

Just make it sure
- bring passport, emirates ID, offer letter
- check if your MOFA attestation is recent enough: mine was 3 years old and he asked me to get a newer stamp, so I get another uae MOFA attestation and went back. If I had a new stamp he’d done it during my first visit.
Old Jul 1st 2022, 10:47 am
Just Joined

thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point

How does degree attestation work? Do you have to get all of your degrees attested, or only the highest one? I have a master's and a bachelor's, will they want to check both, or just my masters.
Old Jul 1st 2022, 10:48 am
Just Joined

thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
You mentioned in March that you were interviewing with the mobility team. Did that not happen or did you not hear back from them?
If you got an interview already, recruiters probably wont help you much as they can only present your CV to HR and the team.
I heard back recently, it just took a while. Thanks!
Old Jul 1st 2022, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Found a good video overview of NC2 (NEOM FTE), note that there are other camps at NC2 for SMPs.

Old Jul 4th 2022, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for this information, very helpful. My MOFA attestation is 2.5 years old so hoping he will accept it. If not I'll do the journey twice, seems like a pleasant guy.
Old Jul 5th 2022, 12:56 am
Just Joined

NeomSands is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot for this information, very helpful. My MOFA attestation is 2.5 years old so hoping he will accept it. If not I'll do the journey twice, seems like a pleasant guy.
I'm Dubai-based and would love some insight into the attestation situation. I've never needed my certificates attested before, but it seems KSA attestation can take a long time. Is it easier for me to get UAE attestation first and is this halfway to being acceptable for KSA? I should note that my certificate is HND, not a degree. I guess this still needs to be attested?

Also, any tips on how to speed the medical/paperwork process if coming from Dubai in general? I'm from the UK but have lived in the UAE for a number of years.
Old Jul 5th 2022, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
From the stories I heard about degree attestation it may be quicker as you suggest, to get the degree attested in Dubai and then visit Badr to get same day attestation. It took about a week to receive my attested in UAE, I used a service in Abu Dhabi when I joined my current employer almost 3 years ago. My Neom background check cleared last week, now I have to get my degree attested (plan to do it today or tomorrow) but then I have to wait for Neom HR to send me an attested contract so I can then visit VFS and send everything back to Neom, along with my medical test. HR onboarding told me to hold off on medical for now, and wait until VFS tells you which facility to visit. I have tentative start date at Neom end of September so I'm hoping all this happens soon. I know next week is a holiday so not expecting anything to get until after EID.

Old Jul 5th 2022, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
From the stories I heard about degree attestation it may be quicker as you suggest, to get the degree attested in Dubai and then visit Badr to get same day attestation. It took about a week to receive my attested in UAE, I used a service in Abu Dhabi when I joined my current employer almost 3 years ago. My Neom background check cleared last week, now I have to get my degree attested (plan to do it today or tomorrow) but then I have to wait for Neom HR to send me an attested contract so I can then visit VFS and send everything back to Neom, along with my medical test. HR onboarding told me to hold off on medical for now, and wait until VFS tells you which facility to visit. I have tentative start date at Neom end of September so I'm hoping all this happens soon. I know next week is a holiday so not expecting anything to get until after EID.
how long did you background check take? You are a bit ahead of me in the process. My background check started 2 weeks ago

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.