Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jun 11th 2023, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Totototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant future
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by JR1900
When the background check is completed, HireRight will send the report to the NEOM HR team. Then NEOM team will let you know that you passed the background check and start the onboarding.
thanks!
Old Jun 11th 2023, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JR1900
When the background check is completed, HireRight will send the report to the NEOM HR team. Then NEOM team will let you know that you passed the background check and start the onboarding.
at what point do you get to tell them not to approach your current employer ?
ive been asked to upload documents but thats it. Not even asked to attest my degree as yet.

Maybe I'm still a step behind.
Old Jun 11th 2023, 5:45 am
Just Joined

JR1900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeepSix
at what point do you get to tell them not to approach your current employer ?
ive been asked to upload documents but thats it. Not even asked to attest my degree as yet.

Maybe I'm still a step behind.
when you upload the documentation at HireRight portal you have an option to tell them not to contact your current employer
Old Jun 11th 2023, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Right , so I haven't, I've just had the link to upload to Neom and extra documents etc.
so I must be a step behind . Good to know
Old Jun 11th 2023, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Ace 101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, thank you so much for all the information. I got an offer last week and then I got a link from the People team to a SAP successfactors portal and was asked to upload all the documents payslips, degree certificate etc (which I uploaded as I had all docs to hand). Its been a week today and the HR Manager said we would have an 'Onboarding Call' but I a have not heard anything. I messaged the HR Manager and he said last week he would schedule the call early this week its Monday as the week begins on Sunday and nothing. Should I message him again? Also no offer later yet when does this happen pls?
Old Jun 11th 2023, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ace 101
Hi All, thank you so much for all the information. I got an offer last week and then I got a link from the People team to a SAP successfactors portal and was asked to upload all the documents payslips, degree certificate etc (which I uploaded as I had all docs to hand). Its been a week today and the HR Manager said we would have an 'Onboarding Call' but I a have not heard anything. I messaged the HR Manager and he said last week he would schedule the call early this week its Monday as the week begins on Sunday and nothing. Should I message him again? Also no offer later yet when does this happen pls?
Hi Ace 101,
Which team is your HR from? I am waiting for the HR contact for more than a month now. Followed up twice no response and finally emailed the hiring manager who replied and cc'd the HR manager that he (HR) will contact me. Nothing yet and its been more than a month.
Old Jun 11th 2023, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sam1980 I have PM you - but as I have only just joined I have limited access let me know if you get my PM.
Old Jun 11th 2023, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi can anyone please let me know - about the flights from LHR to NEOM, I have been told they only run part of the year is this true? and if so does anyone know if these will become perm. For now I can book NEOM and LHR and vice versa until Oct 22nd the thing is the indirect flight is 17 hours + as oppose to a 5hr 30 min direct flight?
Also does your family need a visa?
Can you buy a SIM at NEOM airport?

Old Jun 11th 2023, 9:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam1980 I have PM you - but as I have only just joined I have limited access let me know if you get my PM.
You'll need 3 (genuine) posts to PM, it's an anti-spam measure. But do please keep any questions etc to the forum, it's a great way of adding to the knowledge base. Most questions can be answered by a search of the forum/threads as they'll have been asked and answered before in the thousands of NEOM posts we have here, but any other info is always great to have for others searching in the future.

Thx.
Old Jun 11th 2023, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ace 101, yes I received your PM and replied you too.
Old Jun 11th 2023, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Ausspouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GNK
I came over as a spouse and then started working for Neom about 6 months later. The job application and onboarding process (even when already based here) was in my case still very frustrating and drawn out.
I received my dependent Iqama linked to my husband's before an employment offer. When the offer came through all I needed to do was have my degrees attested (I used CLS - capital line services based in Canberra, they just required payment and an electronic scan of my degree - not an original hard copy), have a blood test / chest x-ray (which was done locally at Neom) and set up a bank account.
if you do not get your Iqama first you may need to go back to Australia to apply for a work visa which could take a few weeks.
Once settled here your husband will be able to pass your CV on directly to appropriate teams which may make getting an interview easier. They definitely like hiring qualified spouses as we are already here and they don't need to find us housing.
Good luck happy to answer any other questions via DM
Hi GNK,
Hope you're well
I'm guessing you moved from Australia?
My husband has just arrived in NEOM (from AUS) and we are getting the ball rolling to get me over on his Iqama, so I'm reaching out to see how long the process was to get you over there?
The information available is a little vague so would like to manage our expectations
Thanks!
Old Jun 12th 2023, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi can anyone please let me know - about the flights from LHR to NEOM, I have been told they only run part of the year is this true? and if so does anyone know if these will become perm. For now I can book NEOM and LHR and vice versa until Oct 22nd the thing is the indirect flight is 17 hours + as oppose to a 5hr 30 min direct flight?
Also does your family need a visa?
Can you buy a SIM at NEOM airport?
Hi Ace,
Not sure about the SAUDIA flights to and from LHR.

Each member of your family will need a visa. Which one will depend on how long they are going to be here. If they are just visiting for a little while, a tourist visa may work, depending on where you are from; for longer, you will need a resident visa. Check with visitsaudi.com or your embassy to get the correct and up-to-date details.
A word of warning... Do NOT try to get cute on visas for your family. If you overstay or do not convert in time or the right way, you will be fined heavily and anyone (children included) who overstays will be excluded from entry to Kingdom for at least a year. They do not mess around on this.

SIM cards aren't available at Neom Bay airport right now. If you fly through a different airport, you are good. If not, you can get one in Duba or Tabuk. There is usally an STC rep who visits NC1 from time to time but I don't know what services are offered.
Old Jun 12th 2023, 1:53 am
Just Joined

P3t3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drMobas
Mine took 12 days roughy, because my Line Manager needs me urgently at site, so him and the departmental director got involved to expedite all the process
I hope this wasn't because they're bringing you in on a business visa.

Coming in on a business visa can pose other difficulties. Yes, you get started right away; however, you will have to exit the country and go back to your country of residence - on your own time and dime - to sort out the requirements for your residency/iqama. And no one tells you this until after you're here. Push for residency visa. You shouldn't have to pay double visa fees from your lump sum relocation amount.
Old Jun 12th 2023, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Hi P3t3r, everyone on this group is so great and helpful.
I don't know what Visa type it is yet, as they have not appointed/assigned an on-boarding team member. However, I can see it already this is going to be a long process! Also, it seem's like the HR/people's team have different on boarding process.
It's just on this forum which I have spent so much time reading - everyone's journey is so different!
I guess I have no option but to wait, and already I have heard the week before the Eid break people begin to switch off or take leave etc....
I also want to know if the rooms in NC2 are studio's or 1 bedroom with a separate living room
Old Jun 12th 2023, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

P3t3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ace - The onboarding process is decent. It’s when you arrive to NEOM that it falls a part simply because they do not have enough capabilities to handle the load of new joiners. It’s why we all need to help one another.

For NC2 accommodation, there are A cabins which are 1BR reserved for couples and executive directors and higher. However, some directors were recently moved into A cabins at NC2 simply because there is a strain on housing and relocating people to NC1. There are B and C cabins for everyone else which is just a room. You cannot call it a studio as there is no place to cook. The camp has doubled in size and changed since this video, but this is what I watched prior to my arrival: (b/c I haven't made many posts, I can't post the URL but look up "NEOM Community 2 (NC2)" video by PK Tube).

I also want to add that the cabins are better than expected and Community Services does a great job of actioning feedback and trying to make it like glamping rather than camping. NC2 community is much closer with great spirit. The food is really good, so don’t plan on losing any weight. Gym is outfitted with the latest equipment.

Come in knowing that it isn’t perfect, but then again, no job is; however, don’t come in and instantly start complaining about everything. You’re well compensated, it’s an adventure and you’re at the start of something that has never been done before. Basically – come with an open mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.