NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jun 5th 2023, 3:55 am
Just Joined

AAsweden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi,
Anyone here from Sweden who is in onboarding or already in NEOM?

Old Jun 6th 2023, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Totototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant future

Hi All,

I’ve got some questions about the background check.
I’ve read many pages of this forum but I didn’t find the answers.

- how do you know when the background check has started? Are you informed somehow? Are you contacted by Hire Right by email?

-how do you know when the background check is completed?

-do you receive a feedback from the HR team on the output of the background check? Or you just move to the next stage?

-I’ve read about the onboarding portal. Is it the website you receive to upload your document such as Passport copy, latest payslip, medical check questionnaire ? Or another portal?

- is the upload of those documents requested to be done after the background check has been completed? In parallel or before?

-is the “under offer” status given after the background check completion or independently from the background check?

thanks in advance for your time and answers and for all those useful information you share here.
Old Jun 6th 2023, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Totototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant future

Hi All

I want to share my experience on the diploma certification as I did it 2 years ago when I joined a company in KSA.

the key for this step to be completed quickly is to understand that the delay comes generally from the fact that the cultural bureau of the Saudi embassy in your country will contact your school (99% of the time by email) to check that you have been a regular student and that you graduated from the school. If the mail go to the spam box or if it remains unopened because you have shared the “info (at) school name dot com” email it will delay the attestation considerably. You must find the right contact and share it with the cultural bureau. It will help as well to know if this person is planning some days off or anything that could delay the answer.

to make sure that this step is completed in a timely fashion I strongly advise the following:

1 find the right contact in your school and give him/her a call beforehand to inform him/her about the fact that you have been a student there and that they will be contacted by the cultural bureau of the Saudi embassy.

2 make sure to ask this person to check his/her spam box regularly as the email from the cultural bureau might be there once they send it.

3 ask the person in the school to respond ASAP once they receive the mail from the cultural bureau.

4 ask the person from the school to forward you the response they sent to the cultural bureau so you can follow up with the cultural bureau in case it gets delayed.

by doing that you will save weeks.

hope it helps.

Last edited by Totototo; Jun 6th 2023 at 9:09 am.
Old Jun 6th 2023, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Electx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Totototo
Hi All,

I’ve got some questions about the background check.
I’ve read many pages of this forum but I didn’t find the answers.

- how do you know when the background check has started? Are you informed somehow? Are you contacted by Hire Right by email?

-how do you know when the background check is completed?

-do you receive a feedback from the HR team on the output of the background check? Or you just move to the next stage?

-I’ve read about the onboarding portal. Is it the website you receive to upload your document such as Passport copy, latest payslip, medical check questionnaire ? Or another portal?

- is the upload of those documents requested to be done after the background check has been completed? In parallel or before?

-is the “under offer” status given after the background check completion or independently from the background check?

thanks in advance for your time and answers and for all those useful information you share here.
It is possible to check the status on hireright website. In my experience, the hire right will not contact you unless they need additional information from you. Once the background check is completed, I didn't receive any notification but as I was regularly checking hireright website, I managed to find out that the background check is completed. The status on hireright, on the completion of the process, was that the process is completed and the report has been sent to the Employer. You won't know the outcome of the process unless you ask Neom.
The HR team automatically moves to next stage which is onboarding call I think - already forgot what happened in my case lol!
I think it is possible to upload documents in kissflow.

Re: under offer - tbh I didn't bother checking once background check started as the process kept ticking along and still going. It's been about 8 weeks to date and going through the medical test etc.

Hope the answers are helpful for you.
Old Jun 6th 2023, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Electx
It is possible to check the status on hireright website. In my experience, the hire right will not contact you unless they need additional information from you. Once the background check is completed, I didn't receive any notification but as I was regularly checking hireright website, I managed to find out that the background check is completed. The status on hireright, on the completion of the process, was that the process is completed and the report has been sent to the Employer. You won't know the outcome of the process unless you ask Neom.
The HR team automatically moves to next stage which is onboarding call I think - already forgot what happened in my case lol!
I think it is possible to upload documents in kissflow.

Re: under offer - tbh I didn't bother checking once background check started as the process kept ticking along and still going. It's been about 8 weeks to date and going through the medical test etc.

Hope the answers are helpful for you.
thanks a lot Electx! I will check their website
Old Jun 6th 2023, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

drMobas is an unknown quantity at this point

Well. My Background checks are done. Received the documents from NEOM, and I am good to go. I am going to sort out the work visa, and planning to arrive after Eid-Ul-Adha.

Let's see how it goes
Old Jun 8th 2023, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Hey drMobas
Roughly how long did the paperwork/background checks take for you?
I'm now at that stage so getting my expectations set i.e. 2+ months , probably
Old Jun 8th 2023, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DeepSix
Hey drMobas
Roughly how long did the paperwork/background checks take for you?
I'm now at that stage so getting my expectations set i.e. 2+ months , probably
Mine took 12 days roughy, because my Line Manager needs me urgently at site, so him and the departmental director got involved to expedite all the process
Old Jun 8th 2023, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

wow - - so - - really not the norm
Old Jun 9th 2023, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

BraKiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

After 3 months since my first interview with NEOM, I'm now getting ready to move to Trojena in two weeks ish (hopefully just before Eid). I'm currently just awaiting for the work visa to be processed by the local embassy and documents have now been legalized.

I wanted to check with those who are already leaving at NEOM, what things should I bring with me? I know there's a small supermarket at NC1 and NC2 so I'm only bring basic hygiene products. What else should I consider bringing? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!
Old Jun 9th 2023, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BraKiwi
Hi guys,

After 3 months since my first interview with NEOM, I'm now getting ready to move to Trojena in two weeks ish (hopefully just before Eid). I'm currently just awaiting for the work visa to be processed by the local embassy and documents have now been legalized.

I wanted to check with those who are already leaving at NEOM, what things should I bring with me? I know there's a small supermarket at NC1 and NC2 so I'm only bring basic hygiene products. What else should I consider bringing? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!
hi. Congratulations! You really don’t need to bring much. I’d make sure to bring a travel mug for coffee and a travel water bottle.
just about everything else is reasonably easy to get.

One other thing…. Getting in now will most likely not leave enough time for you to get your Iqama and the entry/exit visa. So unless you have plans with your manager to work through the holiday or have family/friends in country to visit, come after Eid.
Everything shuts down, most people leave, and there isn’t much to do here over that week.

Just a thought.
Old Jun 10th 2023, 10:25 am
Just Joined

BraKiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
hi. Congratulations! You really don’t need to bring much. I’d make sure to bring a travel mug for coffee and a travel water bottle.
just about everything else is reasonably easy to get.

One other thing…. Getting in now will most likely not leave enough time for you to get your Iqama and the entry/exit visa. So unless you have plans with your manager to work through the holiday or have family/friends in country to visit, come after Eid.
Everything shuts down, most people leave, and there isn’t much to do here over that week.

Just a thought.
Thank you for the information.
I'm actually going to Trojena, but since I'm likely to arrive before Eid, I will be spending couple of days at NC2. I'm assuming the basic services like meals and laundry still operates during Eid, no?
Old Jun 10th 2023, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BraKiwi
Thank you for the information.
I'm actually going to Trojena, but since I'm likely to arrive before Eid, I will be spending couple of days at NC2. I'm assuming the basic services like meals and laundry still operates during Eid, no?
I am joining just after eid! Since I am muslim going to spend some time with my family
Old Jun 11th 2023, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Hi All,

it’s been now one week that I got the communication from the HR to upload my documents etc
But I have never received any email from hire right
I understood that I could check the progress of my background check on their website using a link that they send

my questions is the following:

I understand that the duration of the background check is variable so no set duration but is there anyone here that has experienced a background check completed without receiving a single email from hire right?

if yes how do you know that it’s done? What’s the element that make you understand that you are in for the next stage? I’m in total confusion right now.

thanks in advance
Old Jun 11th 2023, 4:22 am
Just Joined

JR1900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Totototo
Hi All,

it’s been now one week that I got the communication from the HR to upload my documents etc
But I have never received any email from hire right
I understood that I could check the progress of my background check on their website using a link that they send

my questions is the following:

I understand that the duration of the background check is variable so no set duration but is there anyone here that has experienced a background check completed without receiving a single email from hire right?

if yes how do you know that it’s done? What’s the element that make you understand that you are in for the next stage? I’m in total confusion right now.

thanks in advance
When the background check is completed, HireRight will send the report to the NEOM HR team. Then NEOM team will let you know that you passed the background check and start the onboarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.