Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Apr 12th 2024, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

jtanytime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi varshanswamy, Did you got an answer to the Indian education certificate attestation question? Do you need to do it seperately? how long it will take? WIll the visa agent take care of it or is it better we do it before hand to make it faster?
Old Apr 13th 2024, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Alex90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could someone provide information on any updates about the hiring situation in NEOM, please?
Old Apr 14th 2024, 12:23 am
Just Joined

gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point

It's just after Eid, there's a lot of decision makers still on holiday. I wouldn't expect much movement before the end of the month.
Old Apr 14th 2024, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex90
Could someone provide information on any updates about the hiring situation in NEOM, please?
What he said. Even though Eid finished last week, give it a couple of weeks before people start actually coming back to work, opening emails, answering phones etc. Such things can't be done hastily.
Old Apr 16th 2024, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

jtanytime is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by varshanswamy
Hi,

I have completed 2 rounds of interview from NEOM, post which I was informed I am selected, and based on the latest update that I recieved from Consultant there has been a Purchase Order raised for my offer.
Post EID, if all approvals are in place then I should get my offer.
I had couple of questions, regarding NEOM, I have gone through multiple posts already, but did not get answers to all my questions, so posting it here.

1. I am a currently on Resident Visa and working in Abu Dhabi. What would be process that I need to follow post the offer/contract release as next steps.
2. Typically how many days does it take for the entire process of Saudi Visa and any other Verification to complete. I need this information, to give notice to my current employer, considering that I dont want to end up being jobless for too long if the Saudi Visa and other Verification takes more time.
3. I am an Indian Citizen, and a lady, For moving to United Arab Emirates, I had got my Marks Card Attested from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs ( United Arab Emirates), I wanted to know if need to get a new attestation for Saudi Arabi.
4. If I get the offer I would be on Single Status Visa, I was told I would be provided accommodation. As I read in posts the accommodation is called cabin. I wanted to know if there is a small kitchen area, where using the electric cook top, one can do some basic cooking or its just bed and bath.
Hi varshanswamy, Did you got an answer to the Indian education certificate attestation question? Do you need to do it seperately? how long it will take? WIll the visa agent take care of it or is it better we do it before hand to make it faster?
Old Apr 16th 2024, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

sandycb01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been trying to find out the same. I hear rumours of a hiring freeze (and counter rumours). It is hard to get ground truth. I am not sure if the roles on the jobs portal are real or 'ghost' roles - and in any event I assume are filtered by algorithm, to cope with what I imagine would be huge volume as they recruit globally. If you (or anyone else) has any update, it would be good to hear!
Old Apr 16th 2024, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

flyinghigh00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandycb01
I have been trying to find out the same. I hear rumours of a hiring freeze (and counter rumours). It is hard to get ground truth. I am not sure if the roles on the jobs portal are real or 'ghost' roles - and in any event I assume are filtered by algorithm, to cope with what I imagine would be huge volume as they recruit globally. If you (or anyone else) has any update, it would be good to hear!
There isn't really one universal answer to this, which is why you hear of hiring freezes and counter rumours. It depends on the sector, urgency of the hire and a whole lot of other factors. Everyone's experience is different. I have heard of interviews dragging on for months, whereas someone else's hiring process from interview to arrival was one month. I have seen positions listed online, and then pulled down after a few weeks without any interviews being conducted. I have also heard of people being given offers and having them retracted. There are a lot of changes happening at NEOM, especially with regard to the budget and a decrease in head count. So it's best to level set your expectations, be patient and go with the flow.
Old Apr 16th 2024, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

sandycb01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that all makes sense, and reflects what I have been hearing too! Thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2024, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Naybr1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

is the accommodation, transport and mobile still offered by NEOM and is it over and above your 25% uplift on your existing salary?
Old Apr 19th 2024, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Naybr1981
Hi All,

is the accommodation, transport and mobile still offered by NEOM and is it over and above your 25% uplift on your existing salary?
as far as my understanding goes, they take your current salary , then apply a 25% uplift. what ever that number is then they split it into diff components i.e basic / housing/ transport / mobile. So the total of all those components = current sal x 1.25
Old Apr 19th 2024, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question for all those who have status "under offer" or are expecting them - has anyone heard anything yet. Just a quick survey, understand people have just returned back to work so things will be slow, but if anyone hears back , do share it as it will help the rest of the crowd here who is awaiting to hear something.
Old Apr 19th 2024, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Ossie_82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fs05
Quick question for all those who have status "under offer" or are expecting them - has anyone heard anything yet. Just a quick survey, understand people have just returned back to work so things will be slow, but if anyone hears back , do share it as it will help the rest of the crowd here who is awaiting to hear something.
Been under offer since October 2023 and last heard something in December. Since then I've been ghosted
Old Apr 21st 2024, 5:21 am
Just Joined

Bill.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

For work visa, I have master's and bachelor's degree, do I need them both attested or just the most recent one is enough?
Old Apr 21st 2024, 5:30 am
Just Joined

gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bill.0
For work visa, I have master's and bachelor's degree, do I need them both attested or just the most recent one is enough?
It's the most recent, unless the Saudi government don't recognise it. So distance learning, online etc.
Old Apr 21st 2024, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

nen9889 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex90
We contacted Neom yesterday as it had been 1 month since the promised deadline that they had given us and whilst we understand ‘time’ is different in the Neom world we felt we could reach out again to HR & the hiring manager that headhunted. We swiftly received an email back from HR stating that they are nearly ready to move on to the next part of the process and it would begin in the first week of May. You can read in to that however we want to but a) we got a response, b) It all ties in to all of the budget sign off and changes to project info that is out there and we have been hearing 3) it seems like things will be moving again in May?

Whilst we will still see what happens in May …. We’re taking this as a positive and we weren’t ghosted. We will keep waiting for now and see what happens - who knows?! Has anyone else heard anything more?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.