Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Apr 21st 2024, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

AusEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Aussie Expat here, not quite UK, but I feel like all of this discussion is still applicable to me.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed in this discussion, it has been great to hear from people with actual experience on the ground.
I've only just started my 3-6 month recruitment journey via a recruiter who is active in both Australia and KSA, and everything they have told me aligns to what has been discussed here, which is encouraging.

So for now I'll sit tight and let them do their thing, and hopefully in a few months time I'll be about to report back from KSA itself.
Old Apr 21st 2024, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

So it seems like there could be a lot of movement in May ! lets hope.
Btw thanks a lot the Updates are quite encouraging !! anyone if you receive any updates please post so all of us are upto date with the situation.
Old Apr 22nd 2024, 1:08 am
Just Joined

flyinghigh00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone heard about the layoffs at the corporate level? Heard that a few hundred people were laid off recently and I’m trying to figure out if this is just a rumour or true, and what the reason for it was.
Old Apr 22nd 2024, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

nen9889 is an unknown quantity at this point

I’ve only heard about the Bechtel layoffs that were in the media recently but that tied in time wise with budgets not being finalised and the project scopes being redefined.
Old Apr 22nd 2024, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Innovator is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fs05
Quick question for all those who have status "under offer" or are expecting them - has anyone heard anything yet. Just a quick survey, understand people have just returned back to work so things will be slow, but if anyone hears back , do share it as it will help the rest of the crowd here who is awaiting to hear something.
ive been under offer since beginning of march. No further updates. However a friend who applied at the same time as me got hired and visa processed. I think his role was urgent and special approval was obtained for him
Old Apr 22nd 2024, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Ilovegregggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flyinghigh00
Has anyone heard about the layoffs at the corporate level? Heard that a few hundred people were laid off recently and I’m trying to figure out if this is just a rumour or true, and what the reason for it was.
I've heard Bechtel and AECOM have had retry massive layoffs. Can't confirm, but Bechtel alone getting rid of 800 (?)? Sounds fairly significant if that's the case.
Old Apr 22nd 2024, 8:40 am
Just Joined

South African 7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey fellow Neoms,

I have been reading a lot of threads and have a question. My company is offering me a normal basic salary, with additional allowance for accommodation, transport and mobile (communications).
Does this mean I will have to pay for transport to and from my work place and pay for my accommodation?

I've worked in other Me countries and the allowances usually is on top of the basic and accommodation and transport is provided.

Thanking in advance
Old Apr 22nd 2024, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by South African 7
Hey fellow Neoms,

I have been reading a lot of threads and have a question. My company is offering me a normal basic salary, with additional allowance for accommodation, transport and mobile (communications).
Does this mean I will have to pay for transport to and from my work place and pay for my accommodation?

I've worked in other Me countries and the allowances usually is on top of the basic and accommodation and transport is provided.

Thanking in advance
HI - in Neom, accomodation , transport and food is provided by Neom at no additional cost to you, The take home amount you get at the end of the month in your bank acct is basic + acc + trans + mob.
Old Apr 22nd 2024, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fs05
HI - in Neom, accomodation , transport and food is provided by Neom at no additional cost to you, The take home amount you get at the end of the month in your bank acct is basic + acc + trans + mob.
Much appreciated. How does the 2 year bonus scheme work? Or is it 5 years of service in Neom?

Good day Futurw Fellow Neoms,

Quick question, do Alibaba or Amazon deliver to Neom residence or how does it work when you order items online?

Good day,

I am a smoker, do they sell cigarettes at the convenient store in Neom at the accommodation area?

Thanking in advance

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 23rd 2024 at 3:26 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2024, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by South African 7
Good day,

I am a smoker, do they sell cigarettes at the convenient store in Neom at the accommodation area?

Thanking in advance
Camel
Old Apr 23rd 2024, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2024, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Bill.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

How bonus is paid if you start in the middle of the year like in June? Is it prorated?
What month they pay it?

Thanks,
Old Apr 23rd 2024, 9:45 am
Just Joined

I do believe (or rather this is according to my contract) - bonuses will be paid once completion of 2 year contract an x amount or % of your salary earned whilst there... Thereafter a higher % rate of 5 yrs completed and so on for 10 yrs. Don't quote me on this however I'm sure there's someone that may have a better input.
Old Apr 24th 2024, 2:56 am
Just Joined

UK_AUS_MBW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Team Neom

I am in an advanced stage of conversations with NEOM on a role and looking at all the various dynamics of the project, way of working, team, compensation, accommodations, etc etc.

This chat is really helpful, so thank you to all the contributors as many of my questions and thoughts have been addressed by all the great content in here.

CABIN TYPES at NEOM

I can see that there is a lot of discussion around types of accommodation and the variations between NC1 and NC2, and then B-Type Cabin, versus C-Type Cabin. Not much mention of an A-Type Cabin, but one assumes there is an A-Type.

I've found it challenging trying to find out more about the types, configurations and all that sort of thing. It would be really helpful if any of the contributors had some photos of the different types and what it all means.

I get the sense that NC1 is closer to the office hub than NC2. And, that B-Type is better than C-Type. I think C-Type may be a studio, and B-Type is a One-Bedroom. I assume, an A-Type might be the 2-Bedroom cabins.

Also, I have a close relative also going through final stages of hiring / onboarding, would it be logical for us to suggest we take a 2-Bedroom and free up demand for us each having a cabin. Probably more pleasant as well.

Any thoughts of ideas are really welcome. Thank you all in advance.
Old Apr 24th 2024, 5:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK_AUS_MBW
Hello Team Neom

I am in an advanced stage of conversations with NEOM on a role and looking at all the various dynamics of the project, way of working, team, compensation, accommodations, etc etc.

This chat is really helpful, so thank you to all the contributors as many of my questions and thoughts have been addressed by all the great content in here.

CABIN TYPES at NEOM

I can see that there is a lot of discussion around types of accommodation and the variations between NC1 and NC2, and then B-Type Cabin, versus C-Type Cabin. Not much mention of an A-Type Cabin, but one assumes there is an A-Type.

I've found it challenging trying to find out more about the types, configurations and all that sort of thing. It would be really helpful if any of the contributors had some photos of the different types and what it all means.

I get the sense that NC1 is closer to the office hub than NC2. And, that B-Type is better than C-Type. I think C-Type may be a studio, and B-Type is a One-Bedroom. I assume, an A-Type might be the 2-Bedroom cabins.

Also, I have a close relative also going through final stages of hiring / onboarding, would it be logical for us to suggest we take a 2-Bedroom and free up demand for us each having a cabin. Probably more pleasant as well.

Any thoughts of ideas are really welcome. Thank you all in advance.
I'd ask your recruiter where they plan to house you, you may find that you don't get a cabin at all and are put in a hotel with a long commute, which is what's been happening recently due to the shortage of accommodation. If you search this thread you'll find info on the shortage and the waiting lists (tons of families on the wait list for 2 beds, so no chance of that I'd imagine - and if you're lucky enough to get a cabin then you won't get to choose the location or type).

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 24th 2024 at 5:35 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.