Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Feb 13th 2024, 1:40 am
Just Joined

Cold_erin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

I've been advised today yhat the current wait time for a school place is 12 month (ditto NC1 accom). Is that a lack of teachers, or not enough space in the building? Do they really mean 12 months, or just the start of the 2024/2025 year?

I'm planning to BYO teacher in order to ease the shortage, but if we don't have a school place, we're stuck.
Old Feb 13th 2024, 9:16 am
Just Joined

NEOMcurious is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
Yeah, all on the basic. Pretty much standard for most places.
Thanks for the response Trailing Hubby, but what do you mean by "all on the basic"? Which question were you addressing?
Old Feb 13th 2024, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NEOMcurious
Thanks for the response Trailing Hubby, but what do you mean by "all on the basic"? Which question were you addressing?
Should have read that properly. Current salary plus uplift most likely will be those averages which will include the allowances.
Old Feb 13th 2024, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Balimum8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cold_erin
I've been advised today yhat the current wait time for a school place is 12 month (ditto NC1 accom). Is that a lack of teachers, or not enough space in the building? Do they really mean 12 months, or just the start of the 2024/2025 year?

I'm planning to BYO teacher in order to ease the shortage, but if we don't have a school place, we're stuck.

Hi Cold_erin thanks for the post, 12 months πŸ₯Ί. We have 7 years old and attending year 3 atm, planning to join my husband once the iqama is done. May I ask what year is your child?
thank you!
Old Feb 13th 2024, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Cold_erin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Balimum8
Hi Cold_erin thanks for the post, 12 months πŸ₯Ί. We have 7 years old and attending year 3 atm, planning to join my husband once the iqama is done. May I ask what year is your child?
thank you!
He's in his first year of primary school, and depending on deployment date would be either doing that or going into first grade.
Old Feb 13th 2024, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Balimum8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, are you at Neom?

I’ve read one of the post and someone suggested to contact the school directly.
Old Feb 14th 2024, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Arnie_21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am a new member of this group, will be joining NEOM in March. I have been advised that the connecting flight from Dubai to NEOM will be direct flight, has anyone taken this flight? Appreciate if you share your experiences.

Also I will be having 20 hours transit time in Dubai, where is the best place to take some rest, hotel options, I am travelling from New Zealand.

Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2024, 2:43 am
Just Joined

Helle is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has been offered & accepted a role in NEOM. But he was just told that his degree certificate cannot be attested as it is not a technical degree. Has anyone similiar experience?
Old Feb 14th 2024, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fnorza
Hi all, I'm new here but been reading this thread for the last few days, didn't realize it was 180 pages long. So apologies if this question has been asked before.

​​​​But is being asked to do the psychometric testing an indication that your CV and resumΓ© have been reviewed? The job was only posted a few days ago, and I was sent a link to the test within 24hrs of application. Any tips appreciated πŸ‘πŸΌ
​​​
​​​
did you give the psychometric tests ? any update would be appreciated. thx
Old Feb 14th 2024, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
Should have read that properly. Current salary plus uplift most likely will be those averages which will include the allowances.
Great, thanks for confirming!
Old Feb 14th 2024, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Another question on salary, for the Aussies in the forum: for those who have successfully negotiated/received uplift, did the uplift apply to your current base salary only, or did it apply to base salary + superannuation?
Old Feb 14th 2024, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

bankai10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Firstly very useful forum and lots of great advice. I have some questions which I was unable to find, would be great to get some feedback.

1. School Allowance - How many children does the allowance cover?

2. I understand schooling is reimbursed after you pay. If I join 1st July, do i have to wait a full year before schooling allowance kicks in? Or say can I request reimbursement for the 1st Aug term payment?

3. What's the AC situation for NC2? Does it still get hot humid with AC during summer?

4. If you rent a car monthly to drive from NC2 to NC1 is 3k SAR a realistic estimate?

5. Can you use your holiday in conjunction with your 2 remote days a month? E.g remote work Sunday, Monday and annual leave Tue to Thurs?

6. Rough ideas on per diem for any business trips?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 15th 2024, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Kadijaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hi,

my husband has just received a job offer from Neom, however they asked him to agree on a single status visa ie family not included in the package.

Has someone been is similar situation? Have you been able to bring your family afterwards? Thanks
Old Feb 16th 2024, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NEOMcurious
Another question on salary, for the Aussies in the forum: for those who have successfully negotiated/received uplift, did the uplift apply to your current base salary only, or did it apply to base salary + superannuation?
sadly they don't consider superannuation, which is unfortunate as it's usually a mandatory portion of Aussies income. This does make the uplift a bit lower (in my case ~21%) and should be part of your consideration if you wish to continue contributing to super. Similarly with any bonuses.
Old Feb 16th 2024, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Arnie_21
Hi, I am a new member of this group, will be joining NEOM in March. I have been advised that the connecting flight from Dubai to NEOM will be direct flight, has anyone taken this flight? Appreciate if you share your experiences.

Also I will be having 20 hours transit time in Dubai, where is the best place to take some rest, hotel options, I am travelling from New Zealand.

Thanks
If you haven't received your tickets yet I wouldn't assume the flight route. You might end up with Qatar via Doha. I'm not sure what information on the Dubai flight you're seeking. There are 2 flights per week with Flydubai. Frequency should be increasing at some point this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.