Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jan 27th 2024, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

ExpatRoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Curious about family life at NEOM (despite the lack of accommodation these days for new families).

- Has anyone gone through a pregnancy at NC1/2 (or know of someone who has)? Any anecdotes on how the experience was overall?

- How is the hospital overall? Any particular reviews good or bad?

- In June 2023 there were some media articles about a multi billion village expansion contract (95,000 worker) - anyone have insights into the status of these new villages and expansions?

- Any new 2 bedroom places on the horizon to give hope to all those with kids and for whom a studio is not going to work?
Old Jan 28th 2024, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Zlatko is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys, I have a couple of question.

1 - I have worked in Southeast Asia for five years, and I have returned to Europe with my family. Since then I have not been employed because I wanted some time off which turned into a year 🤣 Now, my question is what if I can’t provide slips from my last employer?

2 - Is there anyone working in architectural department at NEOM? I have plenty of questions I want cleared before pulling the trigger. By experience/role I was told by the initial contact that I would be somewhere close to Tariq (the guy who came up with The Line).

3 - Are there any Ukrainians in either of the camps?

4 - How much tech gear can I bring in to and out of KSA?

5 - Is the situation with primary school better now?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer anything for me, even partially.

Cheers!
Old Jan 29th 2024, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Seatosand is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

iv been following these posts for awhile now.

I see a lot of roles being advertised on the Neom website for the finance team. Does anyone here have any insight into what the finance teams are like? What sorts of hours are you working and what’s the general team dynamic and culture like?

thanks
Old Jan 30th 2024, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zlatko
Hello guys, I have a couple of question.

1 - I have worked in Southeast Asia for five years, and I have returned to Europe with my family. Since then I have not been employed because I wanted some time off which turned into a year 🤣 Now, my question is what if I can’t provide slips from my last employer?

2 - Is there anyone working in architectural department at NEOM? I have plenty of questions I want cleared before pulling the trigger. By experience/role I was told by the initial contact that I would be somewhere close to Tariq (the guy who came up with The Line).

3 - Are there any Ukrainians in either of the camps?

4 - How much tech gear can I bring in to and out of KSA?

5 - Is the situation with primary school better now?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer anything for me, even partially.

Cheers!
1 - going off question 2 it sounds like you're already in contact with recruitment/hiring manager so suggest asking them the question. I'd say it's not that common so might not be someone on here with similar experience.

2 - can't answer, there are lots of architects.

3 - yes, all camps. There is also quite a large Russian speaking community.

4 - could you expand? I think the only regulated items are drones, but people still get them in.

5 - better how? I'm not aware of any future enrollment spaces at this stage.
Old Jan 30th 2024, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

QConnect is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, i am hoping someone can help. Can someone please confirm how many accommodation camps there are?

Reading through the threads i have:

NC1
NC2
NC?? Oxagon Camp

How many others are there and which camp is closest to The Line Project.

Thanks.
Old Feb 1st 2024, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

fnorza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I'm new here but been reading this thread for the last few days, didn't realize it was 180 pages long. So apologies if this question has been asked before.

​​​​But is being asked to do the psychometric testing an indication that your CV and resumé have been reviewed? The job was only posted a few days ago, and I was sent a link to the test within 24hrs of application. Any tips appreciated 👍🏼
​​​
​​​
Old Feb 4th 2024, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fnorza
Hi all, I'm new here but been reading this thread for the last few days, didn't realize it was 180 pages long. So apologies if this question has been asked before.

​​​​But is being asked to do the psychometric testing an indication that your CV and resumé have been reviewed? The job was only posted a few days ago, and I was sent a link to the test within 24hrs of application. Any tips appreciated 👍🏼
​​​
​​​
The psychometric testing is new and was only announced last week. It applies to all roles and is a prerequisite to interviews.

Since it was delivered 24 hrs after, I expect there are some checks and balances to meeting the eligibility criteria. This is purely speculation and I'm not at all linked to HR. Let us know how it goes
Old Feb 4th 2024, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

OilTrader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fnorza

​​​
​​​
This is a new thing, haven't heard of anyone doing it. The process normally starts fast for everyone and then it's silence for a while. So just be prepared for a long journey ahead before you have a written offer.
Old Feb 4th 2024, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

CarrotOrange is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarrotOrange
Thank you for the honest note. I appreciate it. How much time did you have to commute to work? And do you know anyone that has good experience or mostly not so so good experience? Thanks.
Originally Posted by ExpatRoo
Curious about family life at NEOM (despite the lack of accommodation these days for new families).

- Has anyone gone through a pregnancy at NC1/2 (or know of someone who has)? Any anecdotes on how the experience was overall?

- In June 2023 there were some media articles about a multi billion village expansion contract (95,000 worker) - anyone have insights into the status of these new villages and expansions?

- Any new 2 bedroom places on the horizon to give hope to all those with kids and for whom a studio is not going to work?
Same question here- Has anyone that worked for NEOM gone through the pregnancy? How did it look like? It seems that compare to Western culture, the leave for pregnancy is shorter at NEOM, and I dont know how does it look like, after giving birth, to have an infant in the desert while working. I would really appreciate if anyone could answer to this question. Thank you very much.
Old Feb 6th 2024, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CarrotOrange
Same question here- Has anyone that worked for NEOM gone through the pregnancy? How did it look like? It seems that compare to Western culture, the leave for pregnancy is shorter at NEOM, and I dont know how does it look like, after giving birth, to have an infant in the desert while working. I would really appreciate if anyone could answer to this question. Thank you very much.
I can't answer from experience, but have observed many pregnancies here, some multiple. I believe most leave to their home/prefered before the birth and then return some weeks/months later.

I'm not aware of any employees that have been through pregnancy and returned to work. You're correct that the maternity leave isn't as long as other places, but I can't remember exactly how long. I know paternity leave is short too, I think 1 or 2 weeks.
Old Feb 9th 2024, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ExpatRoo

A lot of people seen being pregnant in the community nowadays and with toddlers/newborns. The first baby delivered in the hospital was about 6 months ago or so, all went well and since then multiple births. You can both deliver here, or go backt to your home country to give birth (if you're the employee, you can save up on annual leave etc for that). Maternity leave is 10 weeks, paternity leave is 3 days according to KSA law. In camp (NC1) the nursery caters to even newborns and toddlers, so if you need to go back to work after maternity leave you have someone looking after your child during the day if no family member is here. Drop off at 8am and pickup either 1-2pm or 5pm.

Hospital has just recently seen a transition to a new operator, now its Dr. Soliman Fakeeh Hospital who is running it. Facilities are very good, but growing pains as always of course. I havent heard any issues with the deliveries though.
Old Feb 9th 2024, 8:21 am
Just Joined

ExpatRoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
A lot of people seen being pregnant in the community nowadays and with toddlers/newborns. The first baby delivered in the hospital was about 6 months ago or so, all went well and since then multiple births. You can both deliver here, or go backt to your home country to give birth (if you're the employee, you can save up on annual leave etc for that). Maternity leave is 10 weeks, paternity leave is 3 days according to KSA law. In camp (NC1) the nursery caters to even newborns and toddlers, so if you need to go back to work after maternity leave you have someone looking after your child during the day if no family member is here. Drop off at 8am and pickup either 1-2pm or 5pm.

Hospital has just recently seen a transition to a new operator, now its Dr. Soliman Fakeeh Hospital who is running it. Facilities are very good, but growing pains as always of course. I haven't heard any issues with the deliveries though.
Thanks, appreciate the intel.
NC1 nursery sounds great, too bad there's no space in NC1 though for new employees. Do you know if anyone lives in NC2, but takes their kids to NC1 nursery for the day? Or even just wives at NC2 travelling to NC1 generally during the day to be with other families with kids, playground etc?
Old Feb 9th 2024, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

panaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

Anyone working for AECOM in NEOM. How are the conditions? Most important: is it possible my wife to come and spent time there(3-4 months per year). She is not big fan of KSA anyway

Right now we live in Riyadh, but the traffic literally kills me and I am looking for change. Having interview soon and was just wondering is it worth trying.
Old Feb 12th 2024, 11:36 am
Just Joined

NEOMcurious is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eazy
manager grade 7: 60K/month
sr. Manager grade 8: 75K/ month
director grade 9: 90k/ month
thus Is on average and including all allowances (the above is what’s deposited into your bank)
Hi all, I'm new here but have been low-key lurking for a few weeks, learning from everyone's posts, thanks so much for sharing!

Also really appreciate this honest review, definitely food for thought.

WRT to the average salaries mentioned, I know it says "including all allowances", but confirming this means eg. Senior Manager gets 75k SAR/month in their bank account, which includes transportation and housing allowances? So "basic salary" is some amount less than these average figures?

Related, I understand that the 20-30% uplift isn't guaranteed, but as a general rule where the uplift is applied, is it your current salary + 20-30% uplift = basic salary, OR your current salary + 20-30% uplift = the average salaries mentioned above (i.e. includes allowances)?

TIA!!
Old Feb 12th 2024, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Yeah, all on the basic. Pretty much standard for most places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.